Top 5 Phone Unlocking Websites I Used in 2016

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 11:02 am
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes

Top 5 Phone Unlocking Websites I Used in 2016

Hey guys, how is everyone doing? For the past 3 months I had the chance to try out 5 websites to unlock ~25 phones. I will list below my experience with each one of them and feel free to add some you have tried recently and what was your experience.

1- cellsunlock.com: They were fast, and super friendly which is why I started recommending them more often recently. I emailed them 3 times and in these 3 times they offered me 15% off coupon code twice and 10% off once, so I would say they know how to take care of their customers
2- cellunlocker.net: It is one of the big sharks in the unlocking industry, delivers what they promise and happily unlocked 8 of the 25 phones but I feel like their customer support has a bit to learn from websites like cellsunlock
3- mobileunlocked.com: A UK based website, extremely expensive and barely keeps up with the level of service I got from the 2 websites above
4- unlockbase.com: very quick 24/7 customer support and extremely professional staff. I heard they bought 2 of their competitors recently which tells a lot of their strategy to take over a good chunk of the market
5- unlockriver.com: These guys are known for their videos on youtube. Their prices are OK and the customer service is great but I wouldn't put them near cellsunlock.com or cellunlocker.net
Last edited by samLuk on Oct 23rd, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
58 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1541 upvotes
scarberia
which site does ROGERs iphone unlocking? its hard to find sites now
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12165 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
I always go with the cheapest unlocker with good feedback. For iPhone unlocks, I always recommend that it be done through the carrier as that is the cheapest option at the moment.

What brands have you unlocked? Cost per unlock?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2482 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone doing Rogers iPhone unlocks today
All my sources stopped doing it.

Bell and TELUS are much slower than what they used to be as well. Could have been under 48 hours, now it's take a full week in some cases.

All other phones go with the cheapest option on ebay with several hundred+ ratings.
The one withs the low ratings may not be trustworthy in some cases.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
I used mobifree at the beginning of the summer for my wife's s5. No complaints at all.
Last edited by wearysky on Oct 24th, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
As far as I am aware, no one is offering iPhone unlocking for Rogers/Fido
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
I mostly unlocked LG, HTC, and ZTE all for $9.99 I also unlocked 2 Bell iPhones each for $99.99 but with a 15% code it came to $84.99 and one Telus iPhone for $67.99 after a 15% off code
Jun 6, 2005
468 posts
5 upvotes
What do you recommend for iPhone on Bell network? I can't use Bell as I need to wait 90 days before they will unlock for a fee. I've read a lot of mixed reviews of cellunlocker.net and was thinking of trying protechparts. Thanks!
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
The cheapest that I know of for Bell is cellunlocker.net honestly as they charge $59.99, however if you find any cheaper websites please do let us know
Nov 9, 2014
354 posts
53 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
mobifree wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 9:44 pm
samLuk wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 6:30 pm
The cheapest that I know of for Bell is cellunlocker.net honestly as they charge $59.99, however if you find any cheaper websites please do let us know
Is that USD or CAD?
USD
Local Phone Unlocker.
#1 Phone Unlocking Provider on the Internet
Virgin Mobile $40 4GB Unl. Province Wide, Unlimited Text/Pic Msg, $5 VVM
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Jun 6, 2005
468 posts
5 upvotes
I'm ok paying $60-80 CAD. However, for that payment I want (a) a reliable unlock provider (that will guarantee the unlock and has a money back payment) and (b) will do it quick (within 1-2 days). I'm also looking at people on eBay that have high feedback ratings.

I need to initiate my lock next Friday so let me know. Also samLuk - why do you only have 8 posts on this forum? Are you from one of these providers as it seems you joined to start this thread?

Thank you.
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
I am actually not with any of these websites, and believe they are big enough they don't need someone like me advertising them lol. I had an account here and I was active for few years then I stopped and when I came back I forgot it so I just created this one and my first post happened to be in my field as I repair phones from home so I wanted to throw in my 2 cents and help someone find the right website. As for your question, I would not suspect any of these guys above have a clear policy regarding money back guarantee but no one has a 1-2 business days except cellsunlock.com I belive however their price is 99.99USD and if they give you a coupon it could go down to 84.99USD I think (important to note is that no website will ever refund you for a delayed order even if it takes a month more than advertised since these times are all estimates)

Hope that helps
Feb 19, 2010
775 posts
170 upvotes
YYC
Do you guys know why Rogers/Fido is down? It's been like a month now.
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
I honestly have no idea why they aren't allowing 3rd party unlocking. Maybe because of the black market deals being offered for phone plans these days?