• Nov 11th, 2017 11:02 am
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Importz wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 1:15 am
Do you guys know why Rogers/Fido is down? It's been like a month now.
Rogers/Fido iPhone is down beacause whoever was doing it got caught or the system Rogers uses to send request into Fat/Skinny Albert (apple's unlock system) got more secure.
Those who were doing it no longer wanted to take the risk (fearing getting caught and fired and worse criminal charges).
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
samLuk wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 2:38 pm
I honestly have no idea why they aren't allowing 3rd party unlocking. Maybe because of the black market deals being offered for phone plans these days?
They want to charge you $50+ tax to unlock the phone themselves instead of you going to someone who can do it for under $10.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bigred123 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 11:38 pm
I'm ok paying $60-80 CAD. However, for that payment I want (a) a reliable unlock provider (that will guarantee the unlock and has a money back payment) and (b) will do it quick (within 1-2 days). I'm also looking at people on eBay that have high feedback ratings.

I need to initiate my lock next Friday so let me know. Also samLuk - why do you only have 8 posts on this forum? Are you from one of these providers as it seems you joined to start this thread?

Thank you.
You will not find anyone doing Rogers iPhone in that if at all right now.
Best bet is get a friend on Rogers,insert their SIM card into your phone and have your friend call Rogers to unlock the phone.
Feb 19, 2010
775 posts
170 upvotes
YYC
mobifree wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:53 pm
bigred123 wrote:
I'm ok paying $60-80 CAD. However, for that payment I want (a) a reliable unlock provider (that will guarantee the unlock and has a money back payment) and (b) will do it quick (within 1-2 days). I'm also looking at people on eBay that have high feedback ratings.

I need to initiate my lock next Friday so let me know. Also samLuk - why do you only have 8 posts on this forum? Are you from one of these providers as it seems you joined to start this thread?

Thank you.
Best bet is get a friend on Rogers,insert their SIM card into your phone and have your friend call Rogers to unlock the phone.
Thought it had to be 90 days on a good standing account?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Importz wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:59 pm
mobifree wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 4:53 pm
bigred123 wrote:

Thank you.
Thought it had to be 90 days on a good standing account?
The device couldn't have been bought in the last 90 days.
If it's older than 90 days, you can put it on a friends account for a few minutes and unlock it.
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
He was talking about Bell iPhone unlocking not Rogers
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8229 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
can op list the prices of unlocking the phones??

I'd unlocked my friends samsung s5 for $30 including tax, canadian $, so any cheaper would be great!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jun 21, 2012
99 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
Hi,
I have never used such a web service to unlock a phone. I am interested to buy a used Galaxy S6 Edge locked with Videotron.
Is there a catch I should be aware because of this combo before I make a move? I know the owner can unlock it through Videotron for $50+tx. However I find this steep. On the other hand code providers I found on eBay typically charge over $30 so I was wondering why this particular combo would be more expensive to unlock than my Xperia Z3 for example for which I found something under $10.
Thanks.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12444 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
akito925 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 9:06 am

I'd unlocked my friends samsung s5 for $30 including tax, canadian $, so any cheaper would be great!
I paid $7.99CAD to unlock my wife's Rogers S5 with MobiFree. $30 definitely seems high. Mine was at the beginning of the summer.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
akito925 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 9:06 am

If you're unlocking a Samsung from Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Fido, Virgin, Koodo it should be at most $15. With Rogers being sub $10 at most places. If you're paying more, you're getting ripped off.
If you're unlocking a Samsung from WIND or Videotron, you'll pay around $30.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12444 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
^^ Mobifree would be the definitive source on this. :)
Public Mobile
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
The price as of today to unlock Samsung for most Canadian carriers on cellunlocker.net is 24.99USD and on cellsunlock.com it is 19.99USD no tax on both websites. As for the other website mentioned by others here, mobifree, I haven't tried them so I can't recommend them to you yet
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2666 posts
238 upvotes
I unlocked my IPhone from my carrier (Telus) directly for $35. I was able to persuade them to charge the previous charge instead of the increased fee.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Feb 19, 2010
775 posts
170 upvotes
YYC
RunOrDie wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 10:14 am
I unlocked my IPhone from my carrier (Telus) directly for $35. I was able to persuade them to charge the previous charge instead of the increased fee.
And how did you do that?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12444 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
samLuk wrote:
Nov 5th, 2016 12:06 pm
The price as of today to unlock Samsung for most Canadian carriers on cellunlocker.net is 24.99USD and on cellsunlock.com it is 19.99USD no tax on both websites. As for the other website mentioned by others here, mobifree, I haven't tried them so I can't recommend them to you yet
I (and many other RFDers) have happily used Mobifree with no complaints. They are under $15 to unlock a Samsung for all providers except Wind, VideoTron, MTS and Mobilicity.
Public Mobile