Cell Phones

Top 5 Phone Unlocking Websites I Used in 2016

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 11:02 am
Jun 20, 2011
237 posts
41 upvotes
I bought a locked to rogers iPhone off Kijiji, Rogers denied to unlock saying i am not the owner.
Can i simply put my friend's sim for a little while and call them to unlock? Will that work?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4035 upvotes
Oakville
hurlyhunk wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 7:51 am
Can i simply put my friend's sim for a little while and call them to unlock? Will that work?
If the phone is still subsidized on somebody else's account, you won't be able to unlock it - only the original owner will, and only after 90 days. If it's no longer subsidized, any Rogers customer is It's supposed to be able to unlock it, but Rogers will try to tell you that it needs to be on the account for 90 days first. This is a violation of the wireless code (which specifically says that unsubsidized phones should be allowed to be unlocked at any time), so if they do that, tell them you're going to file a CCTS complaint (and if they still don't budge, actually go and file a CCTS complaint).
Public Mobile
Jun 20, 2011
237 posts
41 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 9:45 am
If the phone is still subsidized on somebody else's account, you won't be able to unlock it - only the original owner will, and only after 90 days. If it's no longer subsidized, any Rogers customer is It's supposed to be able to unlock it, but Rogers will try to tell you that it needs to be on the account for 90 days first. This is a violation of the wireless code (which specifically says that unsubsidized phones should be allowed to be unlocked at any time), so if they do that, tell them you're going to file a CCTS complaint (and if they still don't budge, actually go and file a CCTS complaint).
Cool thanks, so i am going to try putting the sim for 5 mins and try that. Thank you...
Dec 3, 2009
25 posts
4 upvotes
London of course!
Just used Mobifree a few days ago for a Samsung note 4, was $12.99.
It worked.
Mar 25, 2006
80 posts
15 upvotes
hurlyhunk wrote:
Cool thanks, so i am going to try putting the sim for 5 mins and try that. Thank you...
Report back when you get a chance please!
Oct 18, 2013
350 posts
47 upvotes
Oshawa
ngs888 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 12:49 am
Report back when you get a chance please!
hurlyhunk wrote:
I tried it already and was not successful. Good luck maybe a different rep might do it for you.
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
I used them again yesterday and asked if my code could be processed faster and they answered me in 1 hour at 2 am, I am not sure how, don't they sleep? lol
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4035 upvotes
Oakville
samLuk wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 7:43 pm
I used them again yesterday and asked if my code could be processed faster and they answered me in 1 hour at 2 am, I am not sure how, don't they sleep? lol
Maybe they're in a different timezone from you?
Public Mobile
[OP]
Oct 20, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
Yea I emailed cellsunlock.com again asking where they are located and they said in Ottawa but they have the support email linked to their phones so that when they are not at work they can respond quickly, smart!
Nov 14, 2011
170 posts
447 upvotes
I tried the service with mobifree and it was excellent, trustful and fast. Thumbs up
Mar 16, 2007
582 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have used unlockbox.ca for four times and I had no issues at all. I unlocked Samsung from bell and telus network.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9763 upvotes
Do these unlock service fees fluctuate especially if the service for a particular carrier is down a few weeks (need a mole inside the company to get the codes out)?

To unlock a Sprint 8 Plus is $170 USD less 10% over at cellunlocker.net.