• May 31st, 2018 1:24 pm
May 2, 2011
812 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville, ON
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 9:07 pm
"Top Gear" Has Become What "The Grand Tour" Should Have Always Been
LeBlanc, Harris, and Reid have hit their stride.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cultur ... iew-recap/
The content of the Top Gear shows are now definitely better than the Grand Tour, but their chemistry is awful. It just seems so forced between Chris Harris and Matt Leblanc. JC, RH and JM have great chemistry, but they have gotten away from actually reviewing the cars and resorted to doing stupid s$%&! on screen.
May 5, 2016
408 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
richuwo11 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:21 pm
JC, RH and JM have great chemistry, but they have gotten away from actually reviewing the cars and resorted to doing stupid s$%&! on screen.
Agreed season 2 was pretty hard to watch.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1788 posts
853 upvotes
Toronto
richuwo11 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:21 pm
but they have gotten away from actually reviewing the cars and resorted to doing stupid s$%&! on screen.
It feels more like Top Gear US, the older one not the new one. It wasn't that bad too me, but everyone online seem to hate it. Not much reviews and a lot of gimmicky segments. They haven't even done a hot lap around their track with the cars that they did review. And there's only ONE episode left!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
May 2, 2011
812 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville, ON
some1not wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 9:07 pm
It feels more like Top Gear US, the older one not the new one. It wasn't that bad too me, but everyone online seem to hate it. Not much reviews and a lot of gimmicky segments. They haven't even done a hot lap around their track with the cars that they did review. And there's only ONE episode left!
I agree. The only decent review they had was for the Huracan Performante... which is old news at this point. I find myself watching Youtube now for more up to date car reviews.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1501 posts
529 upvotes
Ontario
koffey wrote:
May 31st, 2018 1:17 pm
And BOOM!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44320696
I actually liked him on the show. Liked his laid back approach - Chris Evans was too hyper to relax watching. I guess Matt provided a "star" until Chris and Rory got their feet under the table. Hopefully he can make some guest appearances in the future - maybe some North America contributions.