Expired Hot Deals

[KitchenAid] Top-of-the-line KitchenAid stand mixer for $360 (MSRP $679)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2004 9:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes

[KitchenAid] Top-of-the-line KitchenAid stand mixer for $360 (MSRP $679)

More offers from KitchenAid
I know Costco has a coupon right now for a mixer for $350, but this offer is for a better model for only $10 more. It's the largest and most expensive model listed at http://www.kitchenaid.ca/english/produc ... and+Mixers

In the Linens-n-Things flyer that just came out for the 2nd half of October, there's a KitchenAid 6-qt Pro stand mixer with "new low price $499.99...was $599.99". (At http://www.kitchenaid.ca/english/produc ... d=4KP2671X it's listed as $679...you can also see the specs on the page.) Also, the top of the page in the flyer says "$40 gift card with any single kitchen electric priced at $399.99 or more"; that's a mail-in offer that expires 11/24/2004.

And the back page of the flyer has the usual 20% off coupon... some brands (like Cuisinart) are excluded, but KitchenAid is not one of the exclusions. So this coupon should be valid on the mixer.

So the final numbers are:
$499.99 - 20% coupon = $399.99 - $40 gift card = $359.99

Looks like a terrific deal!
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
28 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4660 posts
79 upvotes
Oakville
This is a hot deal indeed. Do you know if they carry the 6 quart in the Cobalt colour? (It's on the U.S. LnT website.)

[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
The picture in the flyer shows only the white and onyx (black) models.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Jan 29, 2003
379 posts
Abbotsford
Seems like a great deal :)

I must resist though... I have this strange urge to buy a stand mixer even though I know I wouldn't really use it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6267 posts
58 upvotes
Etobicoke
Woh! 6-qt mixer for $360!!! This is an incredible deal. Wish I could justify getting this one but the 5-qt one I have is good enough for me.
Feb 6, 2003
951 posts
30 upvotes
They don't allow coupons to be used on sale items (any item listed in their flyers / instore specials); the computer automatically rejects them. :( Found this out last year and ended up not buying the item.
Rehan wrote:I know Costco has a coupon right now for a mixer for $350, but this offer is for a better model for only $10 more. It's the largest and most expensive model listed at http://www.kitchenaid.ca/english/produc ... and+Mixers

In the Linens-n-Things flyer that just came out for the 2nd half of October, there's a KitchenAid 6-qt Pro stand mixer with "new low price $499.99...was $599.99". (At http://www.kitchenaid.ca/english/produc ... d=4KP2671X it's listed as $679...you can also see the specs on the page.) Also, the top of the page in the flyer says "$40 gift card with any single kitchen electric priced at $399.99 or more"; that's a mail-in offer that expires 11/24/2004.

And the back page of the flyer has the usual 20% off coupon... some brands (like Cuisinart) are excluded, but KitchenAid is not one of the exclusions. So this coupon should be valid on the mixer.

So the final numbers are:
$499.99 - 20% coupon = $399.99 - $40 gift card = $359.99

Looks like a terrific deal!
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18080 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
What is this for may I ask? (other than making scrambled eggs)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3775 posts
62 upvotes
felix wrote:What is this for may I ask? (other than making scrambled eggs)
just as an example, when making thanksgiving dinner, i used it to mix the batter for the biscuits, and then switched to the whip attachment to fluff the whipping cream to go on top of my desserts.

a stand mixer is like a hand mixer X 1000. . .more powerful, better results.

really impressed with my kitchenaid mixer so far, and that's without buying some of the attachments i will get later (meat grinder, pasta maker, etc.)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
The coupon is allowed even on sale items.

The rebate offer is equivalent to the US version at http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/coupon/r ... coupon.pdf , except that it has different amounts (Canadian currency) and a Windsor, ON mailing address. The fine print at the bottom is the same.

While I was waiting at the cash register to get a rebate form printed after I purchased mine, the cashier was telling another customer that the store also accepted:
- 20% off coupons from Home Outfitters
- coupons printed from the web or from e-mail [I then mentioned Flyermall.com to the customer]
(This was at the Mississauga store... I don't know if other locations will do the same.)

I think the $499 pre-coupon price is only for the White model. I didn't see any other colors for the 6-qt mixer.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6267 posts
58 upvotes
Etobicoke
felix wrote:What is this for may I ask? (other than making scrambled eggs)
Mix dough to make dumpling or wonton skins or steamed buns or pizza or pasta
Meat grinder attachment to make minced meat (I try not to buy pre-minced meat since I don't know what goes in there)
Juicer to make fruit juice
Coffee grinder
Pasta maker
Cheesecake (or all sorts of cakes)
Tiramitsu
Whipping cream
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4660 posts
79 upvotes
Oakville
Rehan wrote:The coupon is allowed even on sale items.
Great!!
Rehan wrote:I think the $499 pre-coupon price is only for the White model. I didn't see any other colors for the 6-qt mixer.
Damn!! Was looking at the cobalt blue one for my decor.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6372 posts
142 upvotes
Rehan wrote:I

I don't see this coupon on the flyermall flyer. I see the mixer, but no coupon...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
I am not an expert.....but many people have found the tilt back models to be easier to work with...
I have one and love it.....I can see the raise type one being a hassel.
:twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
Is all about technique.....when cooking..baking
I have a good....rolled oats/choc chip/raison cookie that is very fast to make in a KAid......
I will share...serious enquiries only.
:twisted:
× < >