Fashion & Beauty

Toronto Asian|fob Hairsalon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2022 9:07 am
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if they quit permanently, but the girl I talked to (her english wasn't so good) said they both quit
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone tried one of the other stylist at Maya?
Oct 15, 2007
281 posts
bball_homer wrote: Was Kristy promoted to a senior stylist lately?
no idea.
i went there when the place first opened.
my friend went there quite awhile back as well.

but i noticed that if the stylists are really popular, they get promoted really quickly.
kulio was $22 when i first started going there. his price has gone up two or three times in the past 2 years. so i wouldn't be surprised if kristy was promoted.
May 12, 2006
939 posts
32 upvotes
toki wrote: no idea.
i went there when the place first opened.
my friend went there quite awhile back as well.

but i noticed that if the stylists are really popular, they get promoted really quickly.
kulio was $22 when i first started going there. his price has gone up two or three times in the past 2 years. so i wouldn't be surprised if kristy was promoted.
Interesting. So, does anyone know how much a cut from Kristy costs now?
Jul 15, 2008
166 posts
4 upvotes
from what i saw in the other website, he's considered an artistic stylist now...above senior and junior stylist
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
I heard from a lot of people that Hannah from GOA on christie and bloor is quite good. Has anyone been there and want to share their experience?

Also has anyone been to the other japanese stylist at maya and would like to recommend one? I'll be going downtown on friday and was thinking of getting a haircut
May 25, 2006
513 posts
1 upvote
JamieO wrote: Just called maya, and looks like both masa and hiro quit already.....can anyone recommend another stylist at maya??
ya actually masa had his last day last saturday :(
he will be going back to japan at the end of this month

but he said he will come over and give me a hair cut before he leaves :D
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Come over to give you a haircut?? lol... guess you know him personally. Anyways gonna try a different stylist at maya tmr, tell you guys how it goes
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Got a haircut at maya from Masako (I think). She did a good job and really listens to what you want. Her english is pretty good. Also she cuts your hair dry. But she's leaving next month too..
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10379 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
JamieO wrote: Got a haircut at maya from Masako (I think). She did a good job and really listens to what you want. Her english is pretty good. Also she cuts your hair dry. But she's leaving next month too..
haha, what's going on with the turnover at this place?
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
shucks... hiro's gone. :cry: guess back to hairavenue i go. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2097 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Oh great. I found this thread way too late. I was getting excited about getting a cut from Hiro and then as I went from page to page, I realized he's gone. Damn.

So who (specific stylist) else is good to go to at Maya or Hair Story (etc)? I wanna try out one of these Korean places but I am female and DON'T WANT A FOB GIRL 'DO. I want normal layers, which I suppose I could get anywhere, but I have had some scaryish experiences with getting a simple layered cut before. My biggest fear is that communication problems (I can only speak English) will make my request for "layers" become those hideous thinned out haircuts I see fob girls have. I would rather shave my head than have that on my head.

I also have considered going to a place like Natural Solutions and so on, but I'd like to keep it around the $25 pre-tips price range and sometimes those hairdressers aren't so great with my hair type.
May 12, 2006
939 posts
32 upvotes
rockthecasbah wrote: Oh great. I found this thread way too late. I was getting excited about getting a cut from Hiro and then as I went from page to page, I realized he's gone. Damn.

So who (specific stylist) else is good to go to at Maya or Hair Story (etc)? I wanna try out one of these Korean places but I am female and DON'T WANT A FOB GIRL 'DO. I want normal layers, which I suppose I could get anywhere, but I have had some scaryish experiences with getting a simple layered cut before. My biggest fear is that communication problems (I can only speak English) will make my request for "layers" become those hideous thinned out haircuts I see fob girls have. I would rather shave my head than have that on my head.

I also have considered going to a place like Natural Solutions and so on, but I'd like to keep it around the $25 pre-tips price range and sometimes those hairdressers aren't so great with my hair type.
I'm not girl but I am gonna say that you shouldn't go to a fob place if you don't want a fob haircut.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2097 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Atheral wrote: I'm not girl but I am gonna say that you shouldn't go to a fob place if you don't want a fob haircut.
I used to go to a place that appeared to do some fob haircuts but its client
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
it's in korean town.. thats not fob enough? i would stay away from there if you don't want a fob due. :| (oh ya im also not a girl)
May 12, 2006
939 posts
32 upvotes
[quote="rockthecasbah" post_id="7488309" time="1222631865" user_id="14934"]I used to go to a place that appeared to do some fob haircuts but its client
Mar 16, 2008
252 posts
1 upvote
toronto
so maya and hair story are both $15 + tip?
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Atheral wrote: Maybe others have suggestions for asian hair salons with stylists that speak English well? I'm sure there are others like you looking for a place like this as well.
Well I heard a stylist named Hannah at GOA in K-town was good and she speaks perfect english but she only cuts girls hair