Toronto Asian|fob Hairsalon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2017 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3244 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any places in Mississauga? Still looking for a good one, please let me know.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1051 posts
151 upvotes
yenna09 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2014 1:17 am
Po-Feer Hair Salon is pretty good in the Scarb/Markham Area. Ask for Angel or Gordon. It's a taiwanese based hair salon. They've won a few awards and were also judges for hairstyling competitions in Scarb.

https://www.facebook.com/PofeerHairSalon
Turns out this place is pretty good.

Gordon did a great job, asking questions and making sure to provide the best customized service possible.

The complimentary massage was a great bonus as well.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4433 posts
150 upvotes
Looking for a place to get a guy's haircut tomorrow. My go to guy is Andy who works at Maya Hair Salon but he isn't working tomorrow (which is the only time that can work for me) and I need another place. Miyuki is a definite no-go considering how ridiculously booked she is lol, but anyone else know anyone else?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3175 posts
310 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any nice salons in Richmond Hill for under 20$ (cut, style, wash) for guys?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5448 posts
851 upvotes
aGincourt
All reviews should be accompanied with pics of haircut + price + tip
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3175 posts
310 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coffeebean wrote:
May 11th, 2015 8:43 pm

Gordon did a great job, asking questions and making sure to provide the best customized service possible.

More details plz
Feb 9, 2013
743 posts
67 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My go-to is po-feer as well. Angel is my stylist, and has never disappoint for updo haircuts and dye
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2277 posts
216 upvotes
Can anyone tell me the price of a getting a haircut and wash for a guy at Po-Feer? Thanks.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1051 posts
151 upvotes
It's only 13 for cut only, and 22 for wash too
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7804 posts
44 upvotes
How much $$?

Anyone else have any recommendations in the Scarborough / Markham area ?
coffeebean wrote:
May 11th, 2015 8:43 pm

Apr 16, 2011
290 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
kamiya vs hair happiness (both near finch station), can anyone help me decide between the two and recommend the best stylist there for mens haircut.
Banned
Jul 23, 2015
9 posts
Theres a place at Midland and Finch for 8 dollars. Same plaza as the Tim Hortons
Jul 15, 2012
278 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm a white guy, i got my hair cut in Korea before and they did it really well...any of the places in toronto have the same skill? Im looking for the bang kind of haircut.
Jun 14, 2008
272 posts
3 upvotes
yenna09 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2014 1:17 am
Po-Feer Hair Salon is pretty good in the Scarb/Markham Area. Ask for Angel or Gordon. It's a taiwanese based hair salon. They've won a few awards and were also judges for hairstyling competitions in Scarb.

https://www.facebook.com/PofeerHairSalon
Gordon @ Pofeer Hair Salon (negative experience)

I am Asian male with short hair. I booked Gordon at Pofeer. Contrary to the experiences here on RFD, I cannot recommend Gordon since he gave me one of the worst haircuts I've had.

I have been using Hisato at Maya for the past several years and he has always given me perfect haircuts. After Hisato returned to Japan, I had to find a new stylist and that's why I decided to give Gordon a try after reading the positive reviews here.

Last time I had Hisato take closeup front/back/side pictures after his cut, and I showed these pictures to Gordon and specified the approximate length I wanted. Despite these detailed instructions, Gordon still managed to mess up the length AND the style. I will definitely not return to Gordon or Pofeer. I guess I will go back to Maya and try the other Japanese stylists.

Normally I wouldn't bother posting a negative review if a stylist gave me even a borderline acceptable haircut, but I was so disappointed with Gordon's cut that I felt I had to post this. Luckily my hair grows fast so I can have it fixed elsewhere in 2-3 weeks.

On the positive side, at Pofeer the hair wash and massage before the cut (performed by a lady) was excellent.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel