8572 upvotes
Toronto

[Toronto Bike Share] 40% off yearly membership w/Presto card

Deal Link:
Savings:
40% off
Finally go updated! Thanks TOMRFD

https://www.bikesharetoronto.com/presto
Last edited by sprung on Jun 27th, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
75 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1540 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Had this last year through a Groupon and used it quite a bit during the summer. Great convenience when you don't want to deal with finding a bike post and locking up when you get to a destination or have to choose between biking or just taking the TTC home after.

Some questions for anyone that can find it as I seem to not be able to:
How do you get the 50% off once you have a PRESTO card?
How much is the fee for a PRESTO card if you can't get it waived?
We do case reviews. Period.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2196 posts
223 upvotes
GTA
How much was that groupon? I remember wanting to get it and then didn't. Curious to know if more or less expensive than this deal.
vtse wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 2:46 pm
Had this last year through a Groupon and used it quite a bit during the summer. Great convenience when you don't want to deal with finding a bike post and locking up when you get to a destination or have to choose between biking or just taking the TTC home after.

Some questions for anyone that can find it as I seem to not be able to:
How do you get the 50% off once you have a PRESTO card?
How much is the fee for a PRESTO card if you can't get it waived?
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Jul 24, 2012
760 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
Genuinely excited for the expansion but saying it'll be done by July is a stretch considering their system upgrade recently took around 10 days than 3 days as mentioned.
aZian_ wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 3:39 pm
How much was that groupon? I remember wanting to get it and then didn't. Curious to know if more or less expensive than this deal.
It was $50 for an annual pass with another option for weekly/monthly pass. I was able to add a $10 off code when I bought it. It's very useful if you live/commute in and around Toronto and the expansion will make it greater.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1540 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
aZian_ wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 3:39 pm
Pretty sure it was this: https://www.groupon.com/deals/bike-share-toronto

So, $50. From what I'm seeing on the website, it's $90 for an annual subscription, so $45 with a PRESTO?
Jan 11, 2002
606 posts
204 upvotes
Midland
Thanks OP! Great news to hear that a significant makeover will be taking place to the bike share fleet in Toronto. It is nowhere near the size of the Montreal bixi network, but one step at a time right? I recall getting a deal from buytopia for a year bikeshare membership costing $50.

In some cases this discounted membership can pay for itself when you need to get somewhere quickly. I've personally used it to get to work when the subway broke down. It can be quicker than a taxi/uber/carpool when large amounts of communters are doing the same exact thing.

I've been informed that autoshare (now owned by enterprise car rental) offers a discount to bike share Toronto members. Haven't heard yet what sort of discount, doubt its a good as the former groupon/buytopia or this presto user discount.

EDIT: The code given to me by Enterprise Car Rental is not working. It would appear its only valid for the old system. I am still not certain the type or size of discount. will update when I find out.
Mar 22, 2010
626 posts
164 upvotes
toronto
This program is too downtown centric so far. Would love to see Bike Share stations everywhere in the city, even in the burbs...yes, people do ride bikes here as well.
Jan 14, 2007
353 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I've also got the $50 membership in Dec 2014 and didn't renew after a year. I was waiting for this to come around again, thanks ops and hope to hear more details on this presto deal.

I've noticed more bikes on the stations but where I usually park to get to union station in the afternoon is always packed, most times I ended up further than I want to just to park the bike.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7008 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 12:47 pm
"The partnership between the TPA and Metrolinx also allows new Bike Share Toronto members that hold valid PRESTO cards to receive 50% the first year of membership, with the discount taking effect this summer. "

Great deal! You can get free Presto cards too (otherwise a Presto card is $6)

http://www.yorkregiontransit.com/en/far ... events.asp

Q - How do you get the 50% off once you have a PRESTO card?

A - I've reached out to Bike Share to find out. will update here when I hear back.
I called bike shares customer service, they had no info about presto promo other then hearing about it. I also asked about how they plan to handle the postal strike if it happens and they were clueless. The call centre is in North Carolina, but they were friendly.

I think calling presto tomorrow would be more useful.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8912 posts
724 upvotes
GTA
BTW, they no longer offer a monthly pass. Will definitely get a membership again at that rate. I had one for a few years but let it lapse last summer.
Aug 8, 2011
700 posts
40 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
sprung wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 12:47 pm
"The partnership between the TPA and Metrolinx also allows new Bike Share Toronto members that hold valid PRESTO cards to receive 50% the first year of membership, with the discount taking effect this summer. "

Great deal! You can get free Presto cards too (otherwise a Presto card is $6)

http://www.yorkregiontransit.com/en/far ... events.asp

Q - How do you get the 50% off once you have a PRESTO card?

A - I've reached out to Bike Share to find out. will update here when I hear back.
any update ?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4474 posts
766 upvotes
Markham
lear wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 8:54 pm
This program is too downtown centric so far. Would love to see Bike Share stations everywhere in the city, even in the burbs...yes, people do ride bikes here as well.
+1 Would be ideal for them to have stations near subway stations at the very least. It seems that Toronto ends around midtown in all cases even though there are plenty of taxpayers above Eglinton.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1540 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
lear wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 8:54 pm
I don't think they have the infrastructure to maintain such a large radius from what I can tell. They need to refill bike stations every night and the maintenance for the stations and the bikes themselves are an issue itself. I think the slow roll out to see what they can manage is best. Downtown is a good place to start as that'll give realistic expectations of maintenance.

Just one mans opinion, don't flame please.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)