The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 1:12 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5600 posts
2001 upvotes
Toronto
grappos13 wrote: .205 average and pathetic defense, even worse than izturis is earning a paycheck? rofl...kawasucki is just a glorified mascot really for toronto.. people only like him because of his dancing, bowing and broken english...not for his play on the field.. seems that most toronto blue jays fans are racist if you ask me..
liking a positive attitude is racist? Toronto fans have always appreciated positive, hard working players (even when they were average in their sport) regardless of race
Jul 29, 2003
732 posts
36 upvotes
The Jays get beat by a guy who hadn't hit a home run since May 15th, and Jason Nix, who only had 2 dingers all year. Pathetic. :facepalm:

Rajai Davis has been one of the few bright spots this season. He makes things happen. Leave him out there.
May 18, 2006
997 posts
24 upvotes
Kujo wrote: The Jays get beat by a guy who hadn't hit a home run since May 15th, and Jason Nix, who only had 2 dingers all year. Pathetic. :facepalm:

Rajai Davis has been one of the few bright spots this season. He makes things happen. Leave him out there.
Love Rajai's smile and enthusiasm, but the more he plays, the worse his stats get, and he seems to be that way every year.
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
yea that makes no sense - people like kawasaki because of his boundless energy - also lots of people like Rajai too because of his speed

who would Jays fans rather see playing second, old man DeRosa, stoner Izturis who shows no emotion and plays worse D than Kawa, or Kawa? no brainer right there

kawasaki has put up more WAR then Izturis, specifically on defense

him and DeRosa are making maybe $1 million a year tops - that is good production for what you're paying - Izturis is being paid 3 times as much and doing less than what they do, so I think that speaks for itself
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
inntents wrote: Love Rajai's smile and enthusiasm, but the more he plays, the worse his stats get, and he seems to be that way every year.
Rajai isn't a good player. He's a 4th OF and nothing more. He can't hit righties at all and is a pretty poor fielder for someone with his speed.
May 18, 2006
997 posts
24 upvotes
LSZ wrote: Rajai isn't a good player. He's a 4th OF and nothing more. He can't hit righties at all and is a pretty poor fielder for someone with his speed.
Yup.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
^ people hate on rajai davis too much... give him a full year and a full position, he will get you .275 avg, .700 OPS, 50 RBI, 50 SB... cause chaos on the bases... also, he isnt that bad defensively imo... just his arm is kind of weak, but him playing in left field, that doesnt matter as much as RF and C...yes he cant hit righties really.. but if i were him, id just try bunting off righties everytime lol..

imo, kawasaki is a really bad player... as is izturis... but from what ive watched this year, which is probably half the games, kawasaki has made zero good defensively plays.. and like 2 good offensive plays and thats it...
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2465 posts
419 upvotes
GTA
grappos13 wrote: .205 average and pathetic defense, even worse than izturis is earning a paycheck? rofl...kawasucki is just a glorified mascot really for toronto.. people only like him because of his dancing, bowing and broken english...not for his play on the field.. seems that most toronto blue jays fans are racist if you ask me..
lmao wow..you can't be serious. worst post of the year right here folks
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2258 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga
talk is cheap Jose. next time should aim the helmet towards the ump.

looks like all Blue Jays players can do is talk.
Aug 9, 2004
190 posts
9 upvotes
Psubs wrote: It seems like Rajai and Kawa help the team win.
Bwhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha

You must be trolling ... or insane
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
4326 posts
794 upvotes
Source: http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ss ... s_dod.html

[QUOTE]The Red Sox and Dodgers are in first place. The Blue Jays are in last. One American League East team's mega-deal has worked thus far, and the other's has not.

Sox manager John Farrell took questions from an audience at a seminar this week, including one about the difference between the Blue Jays and Red Sox: specifically, whether Farrell had noticed a difference in how the organizations develop pitchers.

The big trades weren't a part of the question, but the answer provided big-picture relevance.

"We can have a seminar on this question — not just because it's Toronto and Boston," Farrell said. "There are very distinct differences and it starts, I think it starts, at the top. And the reason I say that: I found Toronto to be a scouting-based organization, which to me is on one plane, one-dimensional. You're looking at tools. Here, it's a player-development based system. It's the paths of the individuals that are running the organization. And that's not to be critical.

"We all know that there's three different veins in this game that people advance (through): baseball operations, scouting, player development. Well, in the player-development vein, you're going to look at things in three dimensions: mentally, physically, fundamentally to address and develop people, or develop an organization. I think as a scouting base, you go out and you evaluate the physical tools. And that's kind of where it ends, or that's the look at that time. That was my experience, that was my opinion."[/QUOTE]

While I don't believe Farrell is a good in game manager, I do believe he is right on this one. Seems like we have highly touted prospects and then they turn into a bust. Toronto has failed to develop a good players since the JP era such as Hill, Lind, Romero, (and these aren't even that good). Snider, Gose, Drabek, McGuire, JPA has all been busts or below avg players. When Brian Butterfield left, it was like the team forgot how to play defence. While Cherington isn't really that good of a GM, they have a core that performs every year (Ortiz, Ellsbury, Drew, Pedroia). Seems like this organization has to be rebuilt from top to bottom. Don't forgot players also sustaining mysterious injuries and the Jays are never honest about them.

What are your thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Ichiro though...
what a legend.

1278 (9 seasons) in Japan - 142 hits per
2722 (13 seasons) in US - 209 hits per

granted in NPB they only play 130-140 games per season.
There's really no reason to believe if he had played his whole career in MLB, he wouldn't have reached 4000 alone (for the naysayers)
May 18, 2006
997 posts
24 upvotes
inntents wrote: Love Rajai's smile and enthusiasm, but the more he plays, the worse his stats get, and he seems to be that way every year.
LSZ wrote: Rajai isn't a good player. He's a 4th OF and nothing more. He can't hit righties at all and is a pretty poor fielder for someone with his speed.
Oh yeah, makes dumbass baserunning mistakes too often, as well.
:facepalm:
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
grappos13 wrote: ^ people hate on rajai davis too much... give him a full year and a full position, he will get you .275 avg, .700 OPS, 50 RBI, 50 SB... cause chaos on the bases... also, he isnt that bad defensively imo... just his arm is kind of weak, but him playing in left field, that doesnt matter as much as RF and C...yes he cant hit righties really.. but if i were him, id just try bunting off righties everytime lol..

imo, kawasaki is a really bad player... as is izturis... but from what ive watched this year, which is probably half the games, kawasaki has made zero good defensively plays.. and like 2 good offensive plays and thats it...
Kawasaki is 3rd on the team in defensive WAR - watching a couple games a year doesn't really constitute sound evidence - that stats are in Kawasaki's favour in that regard just as much as they are not in Rajai's favour

Kawa doesn't make many flashy plays like Lawrie does but doesn't mean he is bad defensively

Rajai is exactly what LS said - a good 4th OF'er NOT a full-timer . . . he will be exposed playing as a full time OF'er - makes bad routes to the ball and doesn't have a great arm - he is super fast, but not a smart baserunner as evidenced by his gaffe tonight, not the first time he's been picked off in a crucial situation this year either
Jun 21, 2011
530 posts
36 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Goins called up. Izturis to the 15 day DL.
Aug 9, 2004
190 posts
9 upvotes
Enjoy the Bisons vs Yankees tonight and vs the Astros this weekend

This lineup is PATHETIC
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1067 posts
91 upvotes
Player1 wrote: Enjoy the Bisons vs Yankees tonight and vs the Astros this weekend

This lineup is PATHETIC
Astros are already a minor league team. Will this be a "Good Game" to watch?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2258 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga
tommo4lyfe wrote: Astros are already a minor league team. Will this be a "Good Game" to watch?
it will be competitive, so probably yes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)