The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 12:27 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6293 posts
1812 upvotes
Mississauga
Any season ticket holders in here, already get their postseason ticket strips? The prices shown on the website exclude the exorbitant service charges and delivery fees. Wondering if anyone who has purchased their strips, know what the extra fees amount to and for what section?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5245 posts
1066 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kenchau wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 7:19 pm
Any season ticket holders in here, already get their postseason ticket strips? The prices shown on the website exclude the exorbitant service charges and delivery fees. Wondering if anyone who has purchased their strips, know what the extra fees amount to and for what section?
i already got the best seat in the house and it's on my couch! :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6649 posts
1239 upvotes
T dot 6
kenchau wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 7:19 pm
Damn, those fees on the website don't include fees and you saying the fees are high. Ugh. Well Flex pack holders pre sale is this week so we will find out soon enough if no one chimes in.
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
bobcat99 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 11:11 am
As was suggested to Gibbons by Richard Griffin about 10 days ago.
2-0 with Revere on base and a Donaldson HR in the first.
Psubs wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 11:14 am
I suspect Gibby wants to keep control and have it be his decision to make the change. Can't deny now as Revere is hot and Tulo is cold.
Revere grounds out leading off, goes 0-4 with a walk. His 9 game hit streak ends. :(
Tulo goes 1-for-4 with a double.

They both have the same OBP of .342 now.
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
Blue Jays to name Mark Shapiro club president, replacing Beeston

[QUOTE]Mark Shapiro, the Indians' team president, will be named Toronto Blue Jays president, sources close to that team said.

The announcement is expected to come as early as this week, perhaps Monday.

Shapiro will replace Paul Beeston, the longtime Jays president who is retiring. Beeston is expected to remain through the year in Toronto, and Shapiro may not start in Toronto until next season, though the exact starting date isn't known.

Shapiro couldn't be reached for comment Sunday night.

Shapiro, who served as GM, farm director and assistant farm director in Cleveland before becoming the team's president this decade, intends to keep Alex Anthopoulos as general manager, according to sources. That should come as no surprise, as the Blue Jays stand in first place in the tough AL East following a historic trade deadline of mega trades, notably the acquisitions of superstars Troy Tulowitzki and David Price.

Anthopoulos' contract expires after this season, and he would likely be coveted as an executive free agent if he were to become free, but he is believed to prefer to remain in Toronto if he can.

Shapiro, 48, is a two-time MLB Executive of the Year, as chosen by the Sporting News.[/QUOTE]

imho, Rogers should give a new contract to Alex Anthopoulos and promote him to President of Baseball Operations :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5977 posts
143 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 2:12 pm
At the Jays game. Got here around 10am, already huge lineups for the red jerseys. Glad I got mine, along with 4 others in my fam.

Anyways, the jays are ridiculously good, another blowout win!
was it all XL sizes as usual? care to share a pic?
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8287 posts
2065 upvotes
Jays are 74 and 56 at the moment and have 32 games left. What do think they will do the rest of the way.
I am thinking 22 wins and 10 losses to finish the with 96. Way too conservative?
Will that win the division?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6118 posts
2143 upvotes
Tomy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 11:40 pm
was it all XL sizes as usual? care to share a pic?
Just did a quick google search, since I am too lazy to take a pic and post my jersey.. lol.

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDYwMA==/ ... l/$_27.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDYwMA==/ ... l/$_27.JPG[/IMG]

Printed on logos and names, cheap stretchy material, fits like a Medium and is long as hell.
My dad is 5'8 and it almost touches his knees. lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
161 upvotes
It they play .500 baseball they will have 90 wins.
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
ttool88 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2015 4:36 pm
Dang that Hutchison getting uber run support.
Hutchison and Buehrle are 1st and 2nd in Run Support Per Nine Innings Leaders this season.
Hutchison (131 innings pitched) gets 7.752 and Buehrle (159 innings pitched) gets 7.076 :cheesygri

NYY Nathan Eovaldi (144 innings pitched) is in 3rd, gets 7.063

from http://www.sportingcharts.com/mlb/stats ... ders/2015/
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2283 posts
453 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Go Jays Go, amazing game this past week end
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
6541 posts
306 upvotes
As long as we finish ahead of the Yankees, I don't care how many wins we end up with after the season.
Jun 29, 2015
258 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2015 10:07 pm
Blue Jays to name Mark Shapiro club president, replacing Beeston

imho, Rogers should give a new contract to Alex Anthopoulos and promote him to President of Baseball Operations :mad:
not sure Alex is much of a business person. Shapiro was specifically chosen because he has experience in overseeing renovations to the stadium at Cleveland and will now oversee the renos to Rogers Center and installation of grass. Reports indicate that he intends to keep AA as his GM.