The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote: But this refers to in the clubhouse. I'm just surprised at the fact that video games are even being (allowed) in the club house period.
I guess they need something to do besides counting their money playing a kids game. Its so disappointing that baseball players make more money than the best cancer doctors in every country. It shows where are priority's lie as a society. Go Jays Go
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
It's just money and not ours so...
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
2140 posts
613 upvotes
Birchmount & Ell…
antigua1999 wrote: I guess they need something to do besides counting their money playing a kids game. Its so disappointing that baseball players make more money than the best cancer doctors in every country. It shows where are priority's lie as a society. Go Jays Go
Then you consider the billions that owners are raking in. Or the not even livable wage they make in the minors. For every mike trout there's 1000 players that make less then they'd make working a minimum wage job for 40 hours a week while they put in 60-100 hours a week in the minors
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2061 posts
1232 upvotes
Wow, I know its only spring training but our young guys are really owning it at the plate!
Hopefully we can follow the emulate the cubs and trade some of these assets for some solid pitchers! And win a world series in 5 years!
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Mar 21st, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Wow, I know its only spring training but our young guys are really owning it at the plate!
Hopefully we can follow the emulate the cubs and trade some of these assets for some solid pitchers!
Its encouraging to see them hit but just remember its spring training. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2061 posts
1232 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Its encouraging to see them hit but just remember its spring training. Go Jays Go
Can't be helped because when I look at regular season numbers + Spring training most of guys are improving their offensive numbers while maintaining their career norms like K% BB% ratios. Some of the number still pop out like the putrid walk rates for Tellez and Gurriel but this isn't anything new for them as they've always been free swingers. They'll be streaky guys but they are hitting the ball with authority. too bad we can't get advanced numbers in spring training like barrelled balls etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Can't be helped because when I look at regular season numbers + Spring training most of guys are improving their offensive numbers while maintaining their career norms like K% BB% ratios. Some of the number still pop out like the putrid walk rates for Tellez and Gurriel but this isn't anything new for them as they've always been free swingers. They'll be streaky guys but they are hitting the ball with authority. too bad we can't get advanced numbers in spring training like barrelled balls etc.
I always take spring training with a grain of salt. Remember that they are not hitting against the best of the best they are hitting against major league pitchers and a lot of players trying to make their respective teams. Go Jays Go
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
ST
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
axford and tepera hurt their elbows, Norris pulled while warming up, pompey bumped his head on a bat
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
blexann wrote: axford and tepera hurt their elbows, Norris pulled while warming up, pompey bumped his head on a bat
Geez, there's always something with Pompey. He and Devin Travis, same same.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote: Geez, there's always something with Pompey. He and Devin Travis, same same.
I think we need to wrap all the Jays in bubble wrap. Last year Sanchez and his suitcase, Pompey with bats and Travis tears his meniscus tear. I`m sure their is more just cant think right now. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2061 posts
1232 upvotes
6 year & 43 million plus 2 club options for Eloy. I wonder if Vlad Jr would even consider a contract like that knowing that the current CBA is set to expire after 2020. If all things play out the way we assume his career path will take and the high likelihood that becoming a UFA will become easier under the new CBA, I'm going to assume 43 million is going to be chump change.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39746 upvotes
Toronto
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
sprung wrote:
home opener on a weekday in the afternoon. Very smart.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2061 posts
1232 upvotes
Alright guys, its that time of year! Lets hear some of your BOLD predictions for the upcoming year.

AL MVP - Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
AL CY YOUNG - Chris Sale, Boston Redsox
AL ROOKIE of the YEAR - Vlad Jr

NL MVP - Paul Goldschmidt, St Louis
NL CY YOUNG - German Marquez
NL ROOKIE of the YEAR - Chris Paddack

BLUE JAYS MVP by All star Break - Randall Grichuk
BLUE JAYS BEST INFIELDER by All star Break - Vlad Guerrero Jr
BLUE JAYS BEST OUTFIELDER by All star Break - Randall Grichuk
BLUE JAYS BEST STARING PITCHER by All star Break - Aaron Sanchez
BLUE JAYS BEST RELIEVER by All star Break - Tim Mayza

The BLUEJAYS who are going to take their game to the next level.
- Tim Mazya (bullpen guy will become quality set up man)
- Bo Bichette (Best SS not playing in the majors by June)
- Teoscar Hernandez (he's got all the tools and he'll figure out how not to swing on those low ones)
- Nate Pearson (Promoted to Triple AAA by Late July, becomes a September Call up)

LIKELY TO BE TRADED AT DEADLINE - Grichuk (ARB 3 Eligible), Stroman (Inning eater), Giles (someone's closers gonna get injured)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2014
1137 posts
450 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Happy Opening Evening!!!

Look for Stro to go 7 and 2 thirds allowing 1 Earned run tomorrow!!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
2085 posts
658 upvotes
Morales + Cash going to the Athletics for Minor League INF + International bonus room, as per Shi Davidi
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11683 posts
2907 upvotes
Toronto
rraj2k9 wrote: Morales + Cash going to the Athletics for Minor League INF + International bonus room, as per Shi Davidi
Teoscar for DH? Sad he won't be able to mentor the younger latino folks..but out goes those folks who said he couldn't get traded.
Last edited by Ogata on Mar 27th, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heat 43-0-0