• Oct 22nd, 2017 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4080 posts
618 upvotes
Abbottabad
JKKim2983 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 4:08 am
Wasn't Pillar hitting in Smoak's place last season? But we also had Revere as lead off.

Who did we get for letting go of Revere? Should have let the Smoak out...
Andrew Storen
Jun 13, 2010
998 posts
54 upvotes
Psubs wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 3:31 pm
Should move Saunders to #5 behind Encarnacion and then Tulo and Martin.
Saunders should be moved to leadoff. Pillar is fouling or striking out with balls clearly out of the strikezone on the other side of the plate and he is grounding out with balls chest high. They really need someone with a better OBP and plate discipline at the leadoff spot.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1278 posts
129 upvotes
After 11 games, Jays have most strikeouts in the league at 112. Yikes.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4080 posts
618 upvotes
Abbottabad
Ladies and gentlemen. Your 2016 Cleveland Blue Jays.

What else did we expect to happen. We pretty much cleaned out Cleveland's front office. And yep they've been such a power house lately.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2147 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I have no idea why the Jays picked up Smoak's option. It was a strange decision at the time. He's been a replacement level player his entire career. There is zero potential with him. Colabello won't be anything good either but why throw away money on Smoak?

Jose and Edwin splitting 1B/DH with Pompey playing in the OF would certainly improve the defense and likely couldn't make the offense much worse (if at all). There is no way Jose agrees to come out of RF though.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2147 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
I wish the Jays would stop with the insanity and move Pillar down to 8 where he should be. I can't believe someone ever thought it was a good idea to give him the most plate appearances and have him hit in front of Donaldson.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5909 posts
1240 upvotes
The Jays traded Ben Revere and last year waived Valencia. Both moves might come back to hurt the team.

Chris Calabello batted .321 last year. This year he is batting .045 .
Last year was probably a fluke season given his career averages.

LSZ wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 7:23 pm
I wish the Jays would stop with the insanity and move Pillar down to 8 where he should be. I can't believe someone ever thought it was a good idea to give him the most plate appearances and have him hit in front of Donaldson.

Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1768 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Lets go Indians! Shapiro will bring them to the World Series or bust! After all he did it in Cleveland.. Oh wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4080 posts
618 upvotes
Abbottabad
We all know this team was finished once Shapiro took over.

JB and EE are gone after this year.

We're left with an ageing and declining Russel Martin and Troy Tulowitzki to carry the team.

Our young guys, Pillar and Goins won't amount to much.

I feel bad for Josh Donaldson, he will try to do everything but will become frustrated and demand a trade out of the 6ix.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6946 posts
1004 upvotes
Ajax
XFactor11 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 8:01 pm
The Jays traded Ben Revere and last year waived Valencia. Both moves might come back to hurt the team.

Chris Calabello batted .321 last year. This year he is batting .045 .
Last year was probably a fluke season given his career averages.

iamskyhigh wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 10:32 pm
We all know this team was finished once Shapiro took over.

JB and EE are gone after this year.

We're left with an ageing and declining Russel Martin and Troy Tulowitzki to carry the team.

Our young guys, Pillar and Goins won't amount to much.

I feel bad for Josh Donaldson, he will try to do everything but will become frustrated and demand a trade out of the 6ix.
Let's see where we are on May 15th.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2207 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Why did Rogers think Shapiro was the man? Shapiro's Indians won a division title in 2007 and they had a wildcard birth in 2013. There are two reasons why Indians had a great run back in the mid 2000s. Drafting CCSabathia and the Bartolo Colon trade, when they got Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore and Brandon Philips. Philips was dealt and became an all star gold glover.

The Jays team is so flawed. Too many home run hitters and not enough high on base average guys. Jays traded away a legitimate leadoff hitter, Ben Revere. He led the NL in hits in 2014 with over 180 hits. And had a combined 180+ hits in 2015 as well, a 300 hitter that has speed to burn. Now Pilar is tasked to be a leadoff hitter, when he clearly is not capable of it. His OBP was low last year, what made them think he was capable this year?

Collabello is showing us he is a one season wonder. Smoak is what he is, a low 200 hitter with power, low OBP.

Martin and Tulo need to pick it up. That is 35$ million on two guys, and next year they both combine to make 40million.
1% listing commission only.

Platinum award winner.
Jun 13, 2010
998 posts
54 upvotes
LSZ wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 7:23 pm
You got your wish!!! Pillar is now hitting 8th and Saunders is now the leadoff hitter.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4692 posts
885 upvotes
Mississauga
Y'all are hating on Shapiro, not that I'm a fan either. But the lineup is largely the same as majority of last season. Maybe we would still have Revere if AA was still here but it would be instead of Saunders who isn't the one struggling. Revere is on the DL anyways, so yeah. The bullpen was a factor in a couple of losses, but thus far, it's been our lineup that has been mediocre.

Ultimately, the lineup has not gotten hot yet, so it's not been pretty. But last year, we were not even playing .500 ball after the first two months. So take a chillaxative folks.