• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 1:28 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3668 posts
197 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 4:34 pm
Goalies require the most technical skating ability of all players on the ice. Lateral quickness/explosiveness, balance, agility, edge control, c-cuts, t-pushes, endurance on their feet, and all that other good stuff.

Or were you mistakenly thinking fastest equates to best skater. That would be funny.
I was referring to overall skating ability but lets move on from this. JD has calf issues and has been shutdown for a few weeks - not good
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5134 posts
561 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 5:16 pm
I was referring to overall skating ability but lets move on from this. JD has calf issues and has been shutdown for a few weeks - not good
I watched a interview he did and he said he will be ready for opening day.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 5:16 pm
Ogata wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 5:43 pm
Better now then later...
antigua1999 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 5:47 pm
I watched a interview he did and he said he will be ready for opening day.
I mean he had the same issue last year during Spring training, and still ended up with an MVP-worthy'ish season, so that's a bit re-assuring.

However, the fact that it's a repeat injury, also makes one slightly pessimistic.

I think he could really benefit on the Bautista regimen with the yoga and flexibility emphasis. Bautista's two injuries last season were not reflective of him not taking care of his body, as they were freak accident/injuries. But the way JD goes hard out on the field, that type of conditioning would be good for him.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:09 am
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/en ... -decision/

More like he was too greedy and his agent and himself screwed up.

There was article on Fangraphs which I heard of on the radio, but can't locate, about why Morales will have a better season than EE and Bautista.
Why do they like reporting on old news. It's over and done with.

I personally think Morales and Bautista will have better seasons than EE anyways, so I don't care.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3668 posts
197 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:09 am
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/en ... -decision/

More like he was too greedy and his agent and himself screwed up.

There was article on Fangraphs which I heard of on the radio, but can't locate, about why Morales will have a better season than EE and Bautista.
Free Agency works this way every season - this is nothing new and rarely do big free agents accept 1st offer, Shapiro of all people should have known this. Unless of course they had no intention of signing him
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3668 posts
197 upvotes
Devon Travis is not ready and there is no timetable for when he will return. Concerning
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3668 posts
197 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 1:22 pm
So a Goins and Darwin Barney battle it is...least Gose is out...
Goins hands down. If Travis can't play might as well put in the best defensive 2B in the game. Jays spring training games start today - underway vs the Braves.

Keep an eye out on Rowdy Tellez, potential to make some noise.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 10:42 am
Devon Travis is not ready and there is no timetable for when he will return. Concerning
WTH. Didn't he have his knee surgery back in mid- to late-November? It's been three months.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5134 posts
561 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:19 am
Free Agency works this way every season - this is nothing new and rarely do big free agents accept 1st offer, Shapiro of all people should have known this. Unless of course they had no intention of signing him

You are right about the first offer but they always sign for more money or years in most cases.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5134 posts
561 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 2:07 pm
WTH. Didn't he have his knee surgery back in mid- to late-November? It's been three months.
You are correct November 18. I just read the article again and they said he would be fully recovered by spring training. It is a very simple outpatient surgery. There must be something else going on.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3668 posts
197 upvotes
^injury prone, Slow healer

It's why I'll always stand up for JB when people mention his injuries. The guy is in superb shape better than many 20 year olds.
I don't do downvotes.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel