• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 1:06 pm
May 22, 2016
398 posts
43 upvotes
Ontario
blexann wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 10:59 pm
rumblings that the Jays are interested in Brett Lawrie. That move might make sense especially with the uncertainty surrounding Travis' health
They should stick to Goins. Hot head Lawrie won't like sitting on the bench when Travis comes back.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4124 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
What you incrementally gain in offense from Lawrie compared to Goins/Barney, you incrementally lose on the defensive end compared to Goins/Barney.

If his attitude is okay with being in the minors, then that's a different story.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6551 posts
835 upvotes
Ajax
Any rookies expected to break camp with the Jays this year? (Like Osuna, Travis and others in 2015), Biagini last year.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3577 posts
186 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 12:20 pm
Any rookies expected to break camp with the Jays this year? (Like Osuna, Travis and others in 2015), Biagini last year.

Nope. You will see a few in 2018 (Tellez, Urena, Pentecost, McGuire). Tellez will probably be the first call-up if they need a bat. Lourdes Gurriel, Jr might also get a look but he's yet to play his first pro game.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3577 posts
186 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 8:56 pm
Happ lost to Team Canada today....ouch...hope this is not the sign he regresses this year
These games are meaningless. Happ has a way to go before he's ready for the season - uses these games to work on his pitches and stretching himself out. Watch the young the players, the vets will be ready.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12120 posts
2187 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Joey bats really got into that one. Games over now. Hope that's a sign of things to come this year.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3577 posts
186 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 8:39 pm
Joey bats really got into that one. Games over now. Hope that's a sign of things to come this year.
Nothing JB does should surprise you.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22034 posts
4467 upvotes
GTHA
Reliever TJ House was struck in the head by a line drive and had to be removed from the field in an ambulance. Disappointed But Relieved Face

Get well soon...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5072 posts
550 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:47 pm
Nothing JB does should surprise you.
Especially this year. He didn't get the contract he thought he deserved.
Jun 13, 2010
970 posts
48 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 12:20 pm
Tim Mayza has a good chance to make the bullpen. Watch out for him.

Glenn Sparkman is starting the season on the DL with a broken thumb. He is supposed to be "this year" Biagini.
Jun 28, 2015
165 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
antigua1999 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:45 pm
Especially this year. He didn't get the contract he thought he deserved.
Yeah I think JB is gonna have a monster season. I think he's got a chip on his shoulder, on a normal day. The off-season was likely a bit humbling and he's gonna be pissy about it. Which bodes well for the Jay's.

If Martin and Tulo can up their plate game a bit... and my assumption of JB going beast .. throw JD into the mix .. and the offense, hopefully takes a leap.

Hopefully Happ doesn't regress too much. The rest of the rotation is young and should get better.

Osuna is money. I'm still worried that they didn't do enough for the 7th and 8th inning set up guys but what's done is done. Hopefully they have a more run support to make up for any mistakes

SHOULD be a good season in Toronto. I'm optimistic.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel