• Jul 25th, 2017 10:06 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4467 posts
777 upvotes
Mississauga
jasonsioco wrote:
May 15th, 2017 6:13 pm
I vote for Kevin Pillar to win the gold glove. He is the best hitter in the American League right now. He is hitting .300 and he is fantastic as always with the glove. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win the gold glove.
Hitting doesn't really factor into Gold Glove. If we were Tampa Bay fans and watched all the Tampa Bay games we'd be saying the same thing about Kiermaier. Can't go wrong with either really, as they are both stellar on defense. Pillar maybe less naturally gifted compared to Kiermaier for CF defense, but bigger heart nonetheless. I don't know how their defense numbers are this year, but in previous seasons, Kiermaier had the slightest of edges.

I will say, I was really impressed watching Jarrod Dyson in the four game series - he's so fast and gets such a good read and jump that he doesn't need to make highlight reel catches. Small sample size though.

I'd like to see them go back to picking three outfielders for Gold Glove (it was once like that), instead of LF, CF, and RF like it currently is.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4007 posts
315 upvotes
^ if the bat mattered Bradley Jr. would have won it last season and it wouldn't have been close. If Pillar improves a bit on some of the sabermetric components he might be able to challenge Kiermaier, but it wont be easy.
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5771 posts
1207 upvotes
These minor league caliber pitchers are stinking it up.
They could not even keep the game close against old man Colon.
blexann wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:13 pm
Get Bolsinger off the field
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4007 posts
315 upvotes
big mistake not to bring in Osuna first to start the 9th.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3525 posts
402 upvotes
Richmond Hill
damn...these Braves are tough

how are they 7-8 games below .500
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6757 posts
935 upvotes
Ajax
Bigger mistake, first not bringing him and then bringing him in with men on.

Gibbons over managing today. Didn't get the Travis bunt either, for someone who had 2 hits today.
I also thought Estrada was pulled early.
Last edited by bobcat99 on May 16th, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4007 posts
315 upvotes
..that Travis AB was ugly
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6757 posts
935 upvotes
Ajax
yesstyle wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:07 pm
damn...these Braves are tough

how are they 7-8 games below .500
No starters, except junk throwers who always get the Jays.

All good of the last week has been somewhat undone the last two days. Hopefully they don't get swept.
Jun 13, 2010
985 posts
51 upvotes
Tulo will be back on Thursday and Donaldson might be back by the weekend. The big boys are coming back!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4467 posts
777 upvotes
Mississauga
tommo4lyfe wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:35 pm
Tulo will be back on Thursday and Donaldson might be back by the weekend. The big boys are coming back!
This is good news. But hopefully, they as an entire lineup still keep doing what they have been doing this past while, which is actually manufacturing some runs, playing some small ball, as opposed to only looking for the home run.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6757 posts
935 upvotes
Ajax
kenchau wrote:
May 17th, 2017 8:51 am
This is good news. But hopefully, they as an entire lineup still keep doing what they have been doing this past while, which is actually manufacturing some runs, playing some small ball, as opposed to only looking for the home run.
Are they really playing small ball, they lead the AL in HRs hit after the 7th inning or something. Other than the failed bunt attempt and the Travis steal on the weekend I haven't seen anything different
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4467 posts
777 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 10:36 am
Are they really playing small ball, they lead the AL in HRs hit after the 7th inning or something. Other than the failed bunt attempt and the Travis steal on the weekend I haven't seen anything different
I think they've been getting a lot of base hits and what not, that's why they've been able to score. They've hit some homeruns too, for sure. But Travis for example has been hitting a tonne of doubles this month. Goins, Barney, Carrera - they're not homerun hitters, mind you they've hit a few in May, but they've been getting base hits that score and move the order along.

It's a better balance. I don't know if they have a statistic that shows runs scored off HR vs off hits, but I bet you it would be a more balanced distribution between the two.