• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 3:23 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1001 posts
55 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:22 pm
Ceciliani on the dl haahhah who do you call up now..
The Blue Jays have called up outfield prospect Anthony Alford from the Fisher Cats. He is ranked 34th on Baseball America’s top prospect list. Dwight Smith Jr or Anthony Alford for the outfield today.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1001 posts
55 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:22 pm
Ceciliani on the dl haahhah who do you call up now..
The Blue Jays have called up outfield prospect Anthony Alford from the Fisher Cats. He is ranked 34th on Baseball America’s top prospect list. Dwight Smith Jr and/or Anthony Alford for the outfield today.
Jan 18, 2016
85 posts
9 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
kenchau wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:02 am
When I say "quick pitch" I'm not using the term as defined in the MLB rules, which is how they define an illegal pitch made when the batter is not yet ready. I'm merely stating it as a relativity to a more conventionally timed pitching motion. If you read back, I already said, Pillar had no basis to complain as he was clearly set, before the pitch was made - everything was fine with that pitch.

And yes, of course a quick pitch has to do with the pitcher's timing. They are using an abbreviated leg kick and are not waiting as long before they start their wind up motion. That set pause is also quicker.

Furthermore, when a batter is set, they are no longer moving their feet and changing their stance and body elevation. They've already gotten into the crouched position and really, it's just their arms moving, and they might have a slight body sway (like Edwin does sometimes). But they're looking at the pitcher - they are set. That is what set means and that's how an umpire judges. Obviously, "not moving" is not to be taken literally.
fair enough. My point is that the term "quick pitch" and phrase quick pitch are often confused (for obvious reasons). The fact that a "quick pitch" as defined in the rules is a dangerous act while the act of pitching quickly is a form of gamesmanship to generate a legitimate advantage can muddy the waters unintentionally.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
Cox is seriously comparing Goins to Tulo
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6962 posts
1020 upvotes
Ajax
blexann wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:26 pm
Cox is seriously comparing Goins to Tulo
Yes, heard that. Defensively equal. Offensively absolutely not.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
493 upvotes
THAT WAS AN UGLY AB
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6962 posts
1020 upvotes
Ajax
That didn't take long. Waited one hour for this?

What's Gibbon's fascination with bunting all of sudden. After barely doing it last year at all, they try it 2 or 3 times a game now.
Oct 22, 2012
522 posts
323 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
May 20th, 2017 12:07 am
Grilled cheese needs to be dfaed..
I been harping about releasing him after week 1. He's not fooling anyone with his two pitches anymore. We all know he's not the hard thrower he used to he but I also read somewhere that the spin rate on his slider has decreased thus there less of a sharp downward break. Just watching from TV, it looks like his slider moves a tad more horizontal than it used to but in a zone thats measured in inches thats gonna lead to more balls being barrelled. Too many geezers on this team, I'm sure in the next monthly report the GM makes to Rogers will be to get the OK to dump salary and restock the farm with blue chips. I'm just prayin that we can get the prospects like Bellinger, judge, Benintendi etc.