The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5977 posts
1283 upvotes
19-1 :rolleyes: .

Carerra saved the Jays from a complete shutout.

The Jays have Mike Bowelslinger and Joe Biagini.
Meanwhile, Jason Grilli has pitched 2 shutout, hitless innings and struck out 4 batters since beign traded to the Texas Rangers.

The Jays thought Grilli was done and now he is looking a lot more reliable than more than half of the Jays' bullpen.

iamskyhigh wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:28 pm
How can Joe Biagini be a major league pitcher? The dude stinks as a starter and is even worse as a reliever. This guy looks like an employee from your local Taco Bell. This team stinks.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jul 9th, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1970 posts
435 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Fell asleep at some point, what a snoozer for the Jays.
Jan 18, 2016
85 posts
9 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
twowood wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 10:34 am
Montero is also the guy who complained about his lack of playing time immediately after the Cubs won the WS. He'd better do it with the bat, cuz he is a terrible catcher and worse clubhouse guy.
bobcat99 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:27 pm
Montero is this year's Melvin Upton. Attitude issue and can't catch, can't throw out runners and can't hit here either.
I believe I had that.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4559 posts
520 upvotes
twowood wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 6:35 pm
I believe I had that.
Some call it an attitude problem others call it a hunger for playing time and wanting to win. Personally, as he's a 2 time All-star and an 1100 game veteran I tend to believe it's the later. Also, take what you hear from the Cubs side with a grain of salt as currently, they are a mess. BTW, Montero owned up to his comments and personally apologized to Arrieta.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4784 posts
917 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 6:55 pm
Some call it an attitude problem others call it a hunger for playing time and wanting to win. Personally, as he's a 2 time All-star and an 1100 game veteran I tend to believe it's the later. Also, take what you hear from the Cubs side with a grain of salt as currently, they are a mess. BTW, Montero owned up to his comments and personally apologized to Arrieta.
Exactly, they had hashed it out after the fact. But for the Cubs, that was enough.

Jon Lester with a beauty today, allowing 10 runs in the first inning.

A mess, may be an understatement, for a defending World Series team.
Oct 22, 2012
524 posts
323 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 7:29 pm
Exactly, they had hashed it out after the fact. But for the Cubs, that was enough.

Jon Lester with a beauty today, allowing 10 runs in the first inning.

A mess, may be an understatement, for a defending World Series team.
Sounds like you had Lester starting on your fantasy baseball league this week too Ken lol. I don't know what was worse, Lester's two starts this week or the bluejays blow out lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
hopefully this organization is working over time doing whatever they can to bring the japanese "babe ruth" over next season. performances like yesterday aren't providing much of an enticement.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6196 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:37 pm
hopefully this organization is working over time doing whatever they can to bring the japanese "babe ruth" over next season. performances like yesterday aren't providing much of an enticement.
I don't think Rogers will spend the 100 million to bring him over here...if that happens our bills will go over the top...

Don't forget the Vernon Wells contract...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4559 posts
520 upvotes
Not happening
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4559 posts
520 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 5:31 pm
Otani ain't coming here...he's probably more suited to be in an NL ballpark.
Jays wont get involved in the MLB Posting process, thats for the rich teams that are willing to spend and make a splash, Yankees, Dodgers, Boston, Seattle with the asian connection..etc.

There were rumors we were in the running close on Darvish a few year back but thats about it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
Ogata wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 5:31 pm
Otani ain't coming here...he's probably more suited to be in an NL ballpark.
he said he wants to hit and pitch so he's more suited to the AL with the dh. letting him play the field in the NL during his non-pitching days would be too much of an injury risk.
sure, it's a long shot (yankees are probably going to empty their wallets for him) but no harm making the best pitch for him. it would be marketing bonanza. if he lives up to his hype the whole country would be worshiping him.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4784 posts
917 upvotes
Mississauga
We just signed a 16-year old Brazilian that can throw 94mph. 5'8" - wonder how much taller he'll grow.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5627 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:15 pm
You are right! And on top of that, the home team should hand out free food/drink vouchers, 50% off coupons for merchandise and free tickets to another game. Seriously ticket and parking prices being what they are, I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid to watch this debacle.
I was actually at the game. The only good things about it were Sanchez bobblehead`s, and by the end of the game there couldn't have been 3,000 people left. It was easy to get out of the stadium and by the time I made my way down to my car the streets around the dome were mostly clear so got home pretty quick.
May 22, 2016
821 posts
138 upvotes
Ontario
I just did sportnets top 40 jays. I think Delgado was number one. Delgado does not get the credit he deserve.For me Halliday was one of the most overated jays. When he was healthy he was amazing but he was injured way too much.