• Jul 20th, 2017 8:18 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5363 posts
656 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:15 pm
You are right! And on top of that, the home team should hand out free food/drink vouchers, 50% off coupons for merchandise and free tickets to another game. Seriously ticket and parking prices being what they are, I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid to watch this debacle.
I was actually at the game. The only good things about it were Sanchez bobblehead`s, and by the end of the game there couldn't have been 3,000 people left. It was easy to get out of the stadium and by the time I made my way down to my car the streets around the dome were mostly clear so got home pretty quick.
May 22, 2016
582 posts
75 upvotes
Ontario
I just did sportnets top 40 jays. I think Delgado was number one. Delgado does not get the credit he deserve.For me Halliday was one of the most overated jays. When he was healthy he was amazing but he was injured way too much.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6744 posts
929 upvotes
Ajax
webshark wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 5:09 am
I just did sportnets top 40 jays. I think Delgado was number one. Delgado does not get the credit he deserve.For me Halliday was one of the most overated jays. When he was healthy he was amazing but he was injured way too much.
Halladay was a work horse. 4 out of his last six seasons here he had over 225 innings, once going up to 264. One year he had 140 innings and broke his leg on a line drive.
I would argue he was barely injured.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3988 posts
307 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 5:09 am
Hallady, thanks for the laugh.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3988 posts
307 upvotes
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/bl ... game-snub/

So we had Richard Griffin call Stroman out for essentially lacking leadership skills and here we have Stroman standing up, and rightfully so, for Osuna . Betances had no business being an All Star.

Ignore the trashy headline seems someone has it out for Stroman
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6744 posts
929 upvotes
Ajax
Don't think Stroman get's that much recognition in Toronto either. Seems like his personality rubs some people the wrong way, kind of like Subban.
He will be sorely missed, when he leaves or is traded, on and off the field. Love what he brings to the Jays.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6744 posts
929 upvotes
Ajax
Off to Detroit tomorrow! Hopefully Sanchez brings his A game and it's the start of good run.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23834 posts
5052 upvotes
GTHA
Psubs wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2016 11:12 am
Yikes! Price and Panda sure are expensive.
Oct 22, 2012
446 posts
275 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 10:25 pm
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/bl ... game-snub/

So we had Richard Griffin call Stroman out for essentially lacking leadership skills and here we have Stroman standing up, and rightfully so, for Osuna . Betances had no business being an All Star.

Ignore the trashy headline seems someone has it out for Stroman
bobcat99 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:59 pm
Don't think Stroman get's that much recognition in Toronto either. Seems like his personality rubs some people the wrong way, kind of like Subban.
He will be sorely missed, when he leaves or is traded, on and off the field. Love what he brings to the Jays.
Richard Griffin doesn't even watch the blue jays game or else he'd know that Stroman is the kind of team mate any player would love to have. He's always first guy waiting on deck when someone hits a hr and is always cheering from the dugout. No leadership skills, maybe yes and maybe no but perhaps the bluejays can find someone else can fill that role.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3988 posts
307 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:59 pm
Richard Griffin doesn't even watch the blue jays game or else he'd know that Stroman is the kind of team mate any player would love to have. He's always first guy waiting on deck when someone hits a hr and is always cheering from the dugout. No leadership skills, maybe yes and maybe no but perhaps the bluejays can find someone else can fill that role.
I emailed him about his article and got no response. BTW, what you described IS a part of leadership.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5759 posts
1205 upvotes
The Blue Jays have to go roughly 48-25 the rest of the season to reach 90 wins (presumably good enough for a Wild Card spot).

- Hopefully Smoak's first half was not a fluke like Mike Saunders disappearing and batting like a minor leaguer in the 2nd half of last year.
- Pillar had a career high 3 walks in one game. A month ago he would strike out swinging at literally any breaking ball regardless of where it was thrown.
- Barney grounded out to shortstop as usual but actually advanced the runner for once. (Barney is 2nd on the team in grounded out into double plays, only behind Morales despite having far fewer at bats).
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3988 posts
307 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:15 pm
The Blue Jays have to go roughly 48-25 the rest of the season to reach 90 wins (presumably good enough for a Wild Card spot).

- Hopefully Smoak's first half was not a fluke like Mike Saunders disappearing and batting like a minor leaguer in the 2nd half of last year.
- Pillar had a career high 3 walks in one game. A month ago he would strike out swinging at literally any breaking ball regardless of where it was thrown.
- Barney grounded out to shortstop as usual but actually advanced the runner for once. (Barney is 2nd on the team in grounded out into double plays, only behind Morales despite having far fewer at bats).
Team is in trouble if we have to rely on those 3 players in the 2nd half. Pressure should be on JD, JB and Tulo to perform.
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5759 posts
1205 upvotes
Jays are sending in Bowelslinger to pitch in relief for an injured Liriano. Might as well forfeit right now.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23834 posts
5052 upvotes
GTHA
XFactor11 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:00 pm
Jays are sending in Bowelslinger to pitch in relief for an injured Liriano. Might as well forfeit right now.
Bad luck for Bolsinger, gets a groundball but it goes right through the 5-6 hole. :(

Finally scored on Fullmer...