• Oct 22nd, 2017 9:13 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3769 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:07 pm
Noodle arm left with a groin pull injury after fielding a tapper towards the mound.
The runner beat the throw to first of course.

Interestingly, Montero is the slowest runner on the team.
The league average for sprint speed is 27.0. Most of the Jays are below that average.

Smoak is as slow as Morales? i thought Morales would be the slowest
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4695 posts
886 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:23 pm
Jays have gained 2 games in the WC in two days and tied one team in Texas, next to go past, Minnesota.
On July 30th Baltimore was 5.5 games back. Today they are 2.5 of the WC and they are being criticized for not getting rid of Zack Britton, why would you when you are within striking distance.

I really think that 85 might get the second WC as there is too much parity in the AL.
Going back 10 years, the lowest it's ever been is 86 wins and that happened once. 88 and higher is most common. That's accounting for the single-Wild Card years and looking at the runner up.

Furthermore, when you come off a month playing below .500 baseball and need to play basically .650 to .700 baseball the rest of the way, and with only two starting pitchers that are looking decent, the best you could do is nothing.

We certainly can't be buyers because the only attractive tradeable pieces we have would be Guerrero Jr and Bichette. So it's either do nothing, and then lose some of these guys at the end of the season, or get something for them, and just finish off the season.

Keep in mind, as amazing a start as Houston had, they went 39-16 in that 55-game stretch and everything was clicking. Do you really think this Jays team can go on a similar type of run to finish the season, just to squeak into the Wild Card? Have to bring a bit of realism and practicality into the decision and take the bias of being a fan out of it.

At least in 2015, at the trade deadline, we had a monster offense, and our starting pitching was strong enough, and a Donaldson MVP season, and a 40 HR Jose season, as well as, a big Edwin season, and lots of prospects to be big buyers. But we're just not firing on any of those cylinders this year. And with all that in 2015 and all the trade acquisitions, we finished the last 55 games 38-17, that's a way better squad than this one, and weaker competition.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6947 posts
1004 upvotes
Ajax
Liriano gave up 2 runs, retiring 1 batter of the 3 he faced in his debut for Houston.

Wonder how he felt with Dallas Keuchel's comments.
Either way looks like Houston got fleeced on that deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3445 posts
165 upvotes
Georgetown
Biagini optioned... how quickly his star diminished.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4349 posts
429 upvotes
Biagini is being stretched out because Valdez is not going to last as a starter with a mid 80's fastball (lol as Gurriel goes deep).

so Stroman, Sanchez, Biagini, Happ, Estrada
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5915 posts
1245 upvotes
Abandoning all hope by sending in Bolsinger. The Jays are throwing in the towel at that point.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3445 posts
165 upvotes
Georgetown
Canadianpsycho wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 7:33 pm
They're stretching him out, not demoting him for one bad outing.
I kinda get the feeling they could have stretched him out in the majors.... like,they did earlier in the year when he transitioned from the bullpen... But then again... that was when the management still believed they were in the race... no issues with letting scrubs fill in now while they go by the book with players they hope are part of the future.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4349 posts
429 upvotes
IMO they miss managed Biagini's transition to a starter the first time around so this is a much better way to go about it.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4695 posts
886 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 8:23 pm
Biagini is being stretched out because Valdez is not going to last as a starter with a mid 80's fastball (lol as Gurriel goes deep).

so Stroman, Sanchez, Biagini, Happ, Estrada
I think Valdez is staying and that probably someone is interested in Estrada (from waivers), so they need Biagini ready to fill the void once Estrada's traded.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4349 posts
429 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 8:00 am
I think Valdez is staying and that probably someone is interested in Estrada (from waivers), so they need Biagini ready to fill the void once Estrada's traded.
Yea heard that too but why not just insert Bollsinger into the rotation instead of messing with Biagini. If they are seriously considering moving Estrada they are sending mixed messages.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4695 posts
886 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 8:31 am
Yea heard that too but why not just insert Bollsinger into the rotation instead of messing with Biagini. If they are seriously considering moving Estrada they are sending mixed messages.
Get Biagini more experience starting, in preparation for next season, i presume?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5915 posts
1245 upvotes
Blowsuna strikes again. Joe Smith would have closed out those fools.