Sports & Recreation

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 11:23 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5816 posts
1214 upvotes
Blowsuna strikes again. Joe Smith would have closed out those fools.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4516 posts
807 upvotes
Mississauga
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 5:29 pm

Stop, Joe Smith wouldn't have been in there for a save situation. Leone replicated anything Joe Smith would have done for us in the 8th.
Jan 16, 2017
33 posts
5 upvotes
I'm no pitching expert, but Osuna needs to go back throwing 96-99 mph heaters. He is basically throwing predominantly slower secondary pitches for some period by now causing him to blow a lot of saves recently. Osuna simply needs to throw that electric fastball once again.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4083 posts
334 upvotes
I didn't see the game, not too concerned with a few blown saves it happens to the very best closers. What is concerning is the the reduced velocity. Osuna is down about 3 mph on his fastball - that's alot.
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4083 posts
334 upvotes
Colombiano wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:41 am
Sad ending, pull Osuna when the Astros starting hitting him.
It's his job to get out of that jam.

A good left fielder might have gotten to the Bregmen hit, instead it a triple.

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6800 posts
946 upvotes
Ajax
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 5:29 pm

Osuna is your guy in that situation.

Just thought I had throw this out, on July 31st the Orioles were 5.5 games out of a wildcard spot with 4 teams to jump over, now they are 1.5. with 1 team to go over.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4516 posts
807 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 12:15 pm
Osuna is your guy in that situation.

Just thought I had throw this out, on July 31st the Orioles were 5.5 games out of a wildcard spot with 4 teams to jump over, now they are 1.5. with 1 team to go over.
It would appear that way, but realistically, they need to be the second wild card team, so they still need to finish better than KC, Tampa, and Seattle. A tie doesn't get you into the Wild Card because only two teams get in. Those are the same three teams ahead of them for the second wild card, at the end of July.

That's why, it's difficult when you are behind too many teams after two-thirds of the season. The games behind may change, but everyone plays everyone and so the Wins still have to go somewhere, it's not like when you are catching one team, all the teams in between don't move.

The Jays are now only 5 games out versus 7 games at the end of July, but it's the same seven teams ahead of them for the second wild card spot. Real progress is made, once that becomes six teams and then down from there. Can't hope for some seven-way tie or anything like that.
Jun 13, 2010
988 posts
52 upvotes
4 games back now of the wild card spot. :P

Is Travis going to be our saviour again? Last season, the team took off when Travis came back from DL. I'm hoping it is going to be the same thing. No timeline for his return but it might be near the end of this month.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4083 posts
334 upvotes
We won't miss him

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5816 posts
1214 upvotes
Declining Tulo is still better than Ryan Goins and Darwin Barney. Especially for playoff batting.
Goins might be a better fielder or about even.

Chris Coghlan began his rehab assignment but he is probably barely ahead of Refsnyder and behind Goins and Barney
in terms of batting and fielding ability.
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:36 pm
Tulo done for the year.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays ... eason.html
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4083 posts
334 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 5:14 pm
Declining Tulo is still better than Ryan Goins and Darwin Barney. Especially for playoff batting.
Goins might be a better fielder or about even.

Chris Coghlan began his rehab assignment but he is probably barely ahead of Refsnyder and behind Goins and Barney
in terms of batting and fielding ability.
I hear you man, trust me ...I'm a big Tulo fan but he has declined both defensively and offensively having him out of the lineup wont hurt that much.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

FlukeSkywalker