Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 5:56 pm
Donaldson is MVP-tier again.

Aaron Loup is called in to pitch against a left-handed batter.
As usual, he blows his assignment and gets the hook.
+1

Separately, very pleased with the contribution Chris Rowley has provided in his two starts. Hard to ask for more from a minor league call up. Although he walked five today, damage was kept to a minimum.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6726 posts
1381 upvotes
Give me back Smith and Biagini in the pen
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
At the game today, JD really brought the rain inside and outside.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

For the first time this season the Jays are tied with another team for last place in the ALE.
JB, Morales and Pearce need to step it up on the road if this is to continue and keep within striking distance, really hope Travis and Sanchez come back soon.
Lots of times still left.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 5:56 pm
Donaldson is MVP-tier again.

Aaron Loup is called in to pitch against a left-handed batter.
As usual, he blows his assignment and gets the hook.
Loup has been decent the last three weeks, got squeezed yesterday and don't why he was pitching for the 3rd straight day today. Also can't understand why Gibbons keeps bringing him in against lefties and when obviously he hasn't fared well against them.
Numbers close to Cecil this year for a lot less. Wish Joe Smith was back though.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Jan 16, 2017
52 posts
6 upvotes
If the Blue Jays sweep the Cubs during this series, they will be back to .500 by the end of the week. If they have 5 to 6 wins next week, then the Blue Jays will be contenders.Smiling Face With Sunglasses Keeping my fingers crossed.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
Osuna not available today due to a fever.

Also, Barnes and Leone not available due to recent workload.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6930 posts
1822 upvotes
Since joining Cleveland, Elite Sidearm Guy (Joe Smith) has lowered his ERA to 2.84 on the season. 6 scoreless innings pitched, .111 batting average against.
Osuna's ERA is 3.12 on the season.

Tepera and Leone have similar looking pitches. Smith is unique in the way he throws pitches effectively with a sidearm delivery.

Also Ryan Goins has only 5 fewer RBIs than Bautista this year despite Ryan Goins having 160 fewer plate appearances than Joey Bats.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Aug 18th, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6502 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
jasonsioco wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 12:31 pm
If the Blue Jays sweep the Cubs during this series, they will be back to .500 by the end of the week. If they have 5 to 6 wins next week, then the Blue Jays will be contenders.Smiling Face With Sunglasses Keeping my fingers crossed.
Jinxed...we need to get on a long winning streak to even think that... 5 or 6 games at least...sick and tired if these 3 to 4 game win streaks
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 6:33 pm
Jinxed...we need to get on a long winning streak to even think that... 5 or 6 games at least...sick and tired if these 3 to 4 game win streaks
Rather have many 3/4 game win streaks. The long ones 8/10 are followed by losing records normally. Just ask KC and the Mariners.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 12:13 am
They want him to play a lot down the stretch to see if they want him back next year.
He can't play, he is bad. SIt him before he blows some more games. Can't Gibbons see that. Cito could, remember him not playing JPA and Snyder because he knew.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
OMG, stop with the Barney/Refsnyder combination...they are the absolute worse! Cost us a run.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6726 posts
1381 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 5:11 pm
OMG, stop with the Barney/Refsnyder combination...they are the absolute worse! Cost us a run.
Yea I've seen enough of Refsnyder, Goins gets to one of those bloop singles and maybe it's a different game. He might have also gotten to the Baez single up the middle.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 5:36 pm
Yea I've seen enough of Refsnyder, Goins gets to one of those bloop singles and maybe it's a different game. He might have also gotten to the Baez single up the middle.
Exactly, Goins is the number one defender...and is amazing at the plate with RISP. There is no logical explanation for putting either of those two ahead of Goins. If Gibby wants to alternate between Barney and Refsnyder, that's fine. But Goins has to be out there everyday.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7992 posts
1780 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 5:11 pm
Just driving me crazy playing Rufsnyder. Even going back a couple of months back could never understand why he was playing Barney.