Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16318 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
Another 2 runners stranded.

At least make this into a game.

It can't end like this.

I'm not really a fan but after what I learned about Darvish. They deserve to lose.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4526 posts
495 upvotes
A few years ago Charlie Morton changed his delivery to look exactly like Doc Halladay, He looks a little different now but you can still see bits of his delivery are like Doc's

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4778 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
Game 7 has been a let down, not fitting of the other six games...single-handedly ruining the whole series.

Last year's Game 7 was wayyyyy better. Haha.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:35 pm
Game 7 has been a let down, not fitting of the other six games...single-handedly ruining the whole series.

Last year's Game 7 was wayyyyy better. Haha.
Dodgers ran out of gas
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4778 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
radeonboy wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:37 pm
Dodgers ran out of gas
They just never should have started Darvish. I had been saying to my buddy, they should start Alex Wood.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:38 pm
They just never should have started Darvish. I had been saying to my buddy, they should start Alex Wood.
The manager knows best :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
Congrats to Houston on an excellent memorable World Series, hard fought against Dodgers. Dodgers laid a dud in the last game at home, but Houston deserves it, they are the better team.
Jul 5, 2004
22207 posts
2099 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:19 pm
Another 2 runners stranded.

At least make this into a game.

It can't end like this.

I'm not really a fan but after what I learned about Darvish. They deserve to lose.
I obviously missed something. What is the deal with Darvish that makes you hate the whole team?
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16318 posts
1080 upvotes
Woodbridge
Towards more on management, poor decision.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4526 posts
495 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:42 am
Towards more on management, poor decision.
Coaching and coaching decisions have very little impact on the actual outcome of a game especially when you consider hindsight.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15674 posts
661 upvotes
Stouffville
Bellinger made such a stupid play in the first inning that just changed the whole momentum of the game... easy grounder to 2nd basemen.. instead he plays it from 1B more than half way to second and then does a terrible throw to Darvish...

it should have been 1 out and a guy on 3rd.. and Darvish may have been able to get out of the inning only giving up the run from 3rd and thats it... instead it was 2-0 and they were on their heels...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4526 posts
495 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 7:21 pm
Bellinger made such a stupid play in the first inning that just changed the whole momentum of the game... easy grounder to 2nd basemen.. instead he plays it from 1B more than half way to second and then does a terrible throw to Darvish...

it should have been 1 out and a guy on 3rd.. and Darvish may have been able to get out of the inning only giving up the run from 3rd and thats it... instead it was 2-0 and they were on their heels...
It's not a stupid play at all, in baseball your taught if you can make the play- range wise- you go for it.

They were playing Bregman to hit up the middle and Bellinger wasn't holding anyone on 1st - so he was shifted towards 2B and the ball was hit just to his right, it was makeable play especially for a lefty because he just needs to field it and turn and throw to 1st, but not routine. In the end it would have saved 1 run - not the difference in the game.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26216 posts
6065 upvotes
GTHA
Sports Illustrated’s 2014 Cover Story Predicting the Astros as 2017 World Series Champs

"Amazingly prescient. They even chose George Springer for the photo — who hit five home runs in the World Series to run away with the MVP. Words I never expected to type: the Houston Astros are indisputably the best team in baseball."

from https://daringfireball.net/linked/2017/11/02/si-astros
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
WOW so weird
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:44 pm
Sports Illustrated’s 2014 Cover Story Predicting the Astros as 2017 World Series Champs

"Amazingly prescient. They even chose George Springer for the photo — who hit five home runs in the World Series to run away with the MVP. Words I never expected to type: the Houston Astros are indisputably the best team in baseball."

from https://daringfireball.net/linked/2017/11/02/si-astros