Sports & Recreation

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 10:16 pm
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1916 posts
99 upvotes
wow RIP Roy Halladay if it's confirmed true. One of the best pitchers in the MLB for a good 7-8 year stretch.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
Wilmega wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:31 pm
wow RIP Roy Halladay if it's confirmed true. One of the best pitchers in the MLB for a good 7-8 year stretch.
Jaw drops, omg I hope it is not true, so shocked.
Sep 14, 2014
109 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Condolensces to Roy Halladay's family. Roy is one of the most humble Allstar/Ace player the bluejays ever had.
Life is very unpredictable.
Oct 22, 2012
522 posts
323 upvotes
The Blue Jays Organization, MLB and all the fans lost an amazing pitcher and one of the most humblest. Loved turning on the TV every 5 days to watch him take the mound during those down years for the jays. He's one of those pitchers I wish would never age and pitch forever.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4526 posts
495 upvotes
Terrible and tragic news. A very underarrated pitcher, never got his due. He was so good other pitchers imitated his mechanics, see my post above.
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Jan 16, 2017
39 posts
6 upvotes
R.I.P. Roy Halladay. The Blue Jays were not contenders at that time, but Roy Halladay was must see TV. I remember in the 2000's, I was able to go to Skydome, because there was a promo for cheap tickets in the front row seats and I watched Roy Halladay pitch defeating Mark Buerhle 2-1 on a pitcher's duel. Thanks for the memories!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13930 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
jasonsioco wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:16 pm
R.I.P. Roy Halladay. The Blue Jays were not contenders at that time, but Roy Halladay was must see TV. I remember in the 2000's, I was able to go to Skydome, because there was a promo for cheap tickets in the front row seats and I watched Roy Halladay pitch defeating Mark Buerhle 2-1 on a pitcher's duel. Thanks for the memories!!!
one of the most frustrating parts about watching roy pitch live (and i mean this in the best way possible) was that he would mow down the other team and the game would barely last 2 hours :(

RIP doc :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9005 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
Geez reading more on this new single-motor plane, the Icon A5, why did Roy take the risk of flying this (I know its his dream) when in May the ICON A5 had another crash that killed 2, the company’s lead aeronautical engineer, Jon Karkow, 55, and his colleague Cagri Sever, 41. I know he just recently got his pilots license, maybe he should have had a more experience co-pilot at his side...Feel sorry for his wife and kids, his wife because as she tried to fight him against flying, as the video shows.

So sad, cannot believe this. Roy was the beast on the mound and a giant humble being outside of baseball, the world lost a gem.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/icon-a5-c ... -engineer/
ERIC ADAMS
TRANSPORTATION
05.09.1712:58 PM
ICON A5 CRASH KILLS 2, INCLUDING THE UNIQUE PLANE'S LEAD ENGINEER

Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1001 posts
55 upvotes
I'm so sad! Halladay is the reason why I love the Blue Jays. I never missed any of his games.

RIP Halladay.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13930 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
new video shows roy flying his plane right before he crashed:

Jan 18, 2016
85 posts
9 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:03 am
A.A. leaving L.A.?

he was the Braves 2nd choice behind Dayton Moore. Sounds like he will have the final decision on baseball related matters and Inherits one of the best farm systems in baseball. will be interesting, good to see a Canadian kid make it big