• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 1:51 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4672 posts
558 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:57 pm
I don't understand Cain rumors...ex KC he already was in a back in 2015 AND scored the winning run in that game in ALCS 2015...so why would he want to play for us?

Dee Gordon worth the risk? Orlando Hudson 2.0?
I have no doubt he'll go where the money is, so depending on the market for CF's we may have a chance- not sure as I haven't checked.
Come join the Crypto discussion :

https://chat.whatsapp.com/33kLOgl0JXD7GLH0N0tspk

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26918 posts
6403 upvotes
GTHA
antigua1999 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 2:07 pm
World Series champs now with that move. I hop there is a lot more to come.
Gift Ngoepe

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4816 posts
941 upvotes
Mississauga
Jays are looking at JD Martinez and Jay Bruce.

Man, I love rumour season, makes baseball so fun. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1302 posts
320 upvotes
So I had a couple of things left to claim at the Rogers Centre from the blue jays reward. The dates they had available in November to pickup any remaining items, I couldn't make any of the dates.

Also gas and time wasn't worth it for the cost of these items probably amounting to no less than $5 (blue rubber adhesive card holder and phone stand & a night light) So I just let them go. Today, I get a UPS packet from them delivered to my house for these said items. I didn't think they would do that. I thought the items would be forfeited.

That was nice of them.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5667 posts
765 upvotes
Mississauga
Allen84 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:48 pm
So I had a couple of things left to claim at the Rogers Centre from the blue jays reward. The dates they had available in November to pickup any remaining items, I couldn't make any of the dates.

Also gas and time wasn't worth it for the cost of these items probably amounting to no less than $5 (blue rubber adhesive card holder and phone stand & a night light) So I just let them go. Today, I get a UPS packet from them delivered to my house for these said items. I didn't think they would do that. I thought the items would be forfeited.

That was nice of them.
Very Nice.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3636 posts
1414 upvotes
Toronto
Saw on a sports ticker somewhere (TSN? CP24?) that the Jays are interested in Jake Arrieta. Makes no sense to me. The guy rejected his $17.4 qualifying offer to become a free agent and is apparently looking for a multi-year contract in the $100M range. Why would the Jays want to saddle themselves with that kind of a contract for a 31-year-old on the downside of his career? Especially if they're thinking rebuild? Perhaps they want him to mentor their young guys?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4816 posts
941 upvotes
Mississauga
pintobean wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 2:49 pm
Saw on a sports ticker somewhere (TSN? CP24?) that the Jays are interested in Jake Arrieta. Makes no sense to me. The guy rejected his $17.4 qualifying offer to become a free agent and is apparently looking for a multi-year contract in the $100M range. Why would the Jays want to saddle themselves with that kind of a contract for a 31-year-old on the downside of his career? Especially if they're thinking rebuild? Perhaps they want him to mentor their young guys?
He does not strike me as a mentoring type. I just don't think he's that great anyways to be throwing that kind of money at.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4672 posts
558 upvotes
We need bats, especially a starting centre fielder and a corner outfielder. So if they want to throw money around, which I highly doubt, it should go towards that.

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4672 posts
558 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 7:30 pm
He sucked with the O's...just signing another scrub and the NL to AL affect...
The O's days are long gone - he's a totally different pitcher now but as I said above, if Rogers is going to throw that kind of money around then it better be a legitimate starting centre fielder or corner outfielder

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3636 posts
1414 upvotes
Toronto
Just realized that Arrieta's agent is Scott Boras, who has a terrible relationship with the Jays dating back 15+ years. Boras was very critical of the Jays last year when they refused to give Sanchez a big raise after his stellar season, and he has complained in the past about the team's unwillingness to sign long contracts.

Perhaps the rumour about the Jays being interested in Arrieta was actually floated by Boras himself? Maybe he figured it would help with Sanchez's arbitration hearing if it was believed that the Jays were interested in spending $100M on Arrieta, then surely they could give a young stud like Sanchez the salary he's asking for?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)