Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8480 upvotes
GTHA
Ogata wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 8:44 pm
Zeke DFAed...
To make room for Seung-hwan Oh on the 40-man roster...

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6739 posts
1395 upvotes
Zeke was so clutch
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7995 posts
1784 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 8:55 pm
To make room for Seung-hwan Oh on the 40-man roster...

What if he fails the physical. Can they still pickup Zeke not that it matters though, they have an abundance of outfielders that could make the team.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8480 upvotes
GTHA
bobcat99 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 11:07 am
What if he fails the physical. Can they still pickup Zeke not that it matters though, they have an abundance of outfielders that could make the team.
He passed physical and was officially signed before Zeke was dfa'd...

Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8480 upvotes
GTHA
Ogata wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 9:12 pm
Thought it was 10 days to trade release?
Jays outrighted him to the Buffalo Bisons and he will return to training camp as a non-roster invitee.

"By designating Carrera for assignment, the Toronto Blue Jays now have ten days to complete one of four possible options. The team may place Carrera on waivers, trade him, release him, or outright him off of the 40-man roster and into the minors."
from https://jaysjournal.com/2018/02/26/blue ... ssignment/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6739 posts
1395 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 11:14 pm
Gregg Zaun launches Manalyst TV on YouTube
https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2018 ... v-youtube/

Could take off if he gets someone to help with the production, he has to get rid of the echo, better microphone and a more appropriate set it also look like like he's reading cue cards
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2417 posts
194 upvotes
Brampton
Man, I love this new management team. They've been getting rid of all the players I've been advocating to get rid of for a while now that other members were defending. Obviously you still have to still play the games and the new players can end up being duds, but the upside is much higher.

Not saying this team is a contender or anything. Just that they are more competitive than they would've been if they kept certain players (Goins for example).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6739 posts
1395 upvotes
toeknee89 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 10:00 pm
Man, I love this new management team. They've been getting rid of all the players I've been advocating to get rid of for a while now that other members were defending. Obviously you still have to still play the games and the new players can end up being duds, but the upside is much higher.

Not saying this team is a contender or anything. Just that they are more competitive than they would've been if they kept certain players (Goins for example).
Names please. Do you realize how difficult it is to replace Tulo and Travis? I think Goins was fine replacement - just ask the pitchers, they love his D.
________

Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6893 posts
1408 upvotes
Mississauga
toeknee89 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 10:00 pm

Just be careful what you wish for. I`m hoping the replacements do great but just remember many teams passed them over and they signed with us.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2417 posts
194 upvotes
Brampton
blexann wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 10:24 pm
Names please. Do you realize how difficult it is to replace Tulo and Travis? I think Goins was fine replacement - just ask the pitchers, they love his D.
I understand that it's hard to replace the production of Tulo + Travis, but you can at least roll out major league players.

Just off the top of my head
  • Goins gone - no he is not a fine replacement. He's literally one of the worse hitters in the league and his defense (the only thing he's good at) declined
  • Barney gone - Again, not a huge move but the right move. Similar to Goin this is addition via subtraction on it's own
  • How they handled EE's contract and not caving/ over paying. He's still a great player but also declining so longer terms would have been a bad move
  • Not extending Bautista - didn't expect him to decline SO much last season, but anything long term would have been a mistake
  • Adding enough depth where Ezequiel Carrera doesn't have to play unless absolutely necessary (assuming he makes it out of spring training without being cut)
I've brought up those players specifically over the course of the season and last off season but so many people defending them (oddly enough mainly for Goins, Barney and Carrera more so than EE and Bautista)

None of the signings are huge signings given the budget restrictions, but they've been smart baseball moves vs emotionally based ones (keeping fan favourites, etc)