• Feb 12th, 2019 5:46 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6502 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Biff88 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:21 am
Didnt go down as the Jays had been losing all of the recent home openers I went to and the atmosphere was not as good as it could be. Unfortunately the losing trend continued this year :(

Looks like it is going to be a long year.
Its just one game..still have games but letting Severino strike a lot.. same old 2017... and we made Giancarlo a superstar too..ugh hate this feeling already.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
1415 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
cardguy wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:01 am
yes I won't go to games..better use of my time...will I chastise others for supporting the team? no...will I say you are an idiot for going? ...no..Sanyos angle WAS about the economics of it, as he stated..he would rather invest in his children, which is fine..his prerogative...but his statement that seemed to say everyone else are suckers or are being taken, is offensive to those that do support the team . regardless ..fans have right to be angry about what?..costs? its the cost of running a baseball team...you protest with your wallet...are all the corporations that spend millions on tickets to give to their clients suckers? maybe..but its their money...do others belittle others for spending money on car boats etc?..its their money... so go call every ricer a dick for doing that?..its not right... EVERY sporting events costs money.and is very overpriced..you either choose to spend or choose not to...but don't belittle others that do, to each their own. Its the holier than thou attitude. Or are you demanding $4 tickets as in the old EX stadium days?...not gonna happen....its a subtle form of mocking and bullying and I have problem with that, and just defending that group of people.
Nothing sickens me more than apologists for a vertically integrated corporation that is raking in millions in profits while providing a mediocre product. Fans both deserve better, and should demand better. The only way for this to happen is if they are willing to close their wallets.

Rogers greed and ineffective corporate structure is not conducive for a successful competitive team in MLB.
It is designed to maximize profit - it is not designed to build a winner.
The only way Rogers will have a winner is if they send an army of lawyers to the CRTC, and find some sort of angle where a world series could be mandated through regulation.

Amused that some here are impressed by how Rogers did not implement Stub Hub in 2017.
Newsflash - this was not because they love you - this was because they had just raised ticket prices after a mediocre season, and realized the optics would be terrible.

Then again, just ignore, and #lovethisteam
(This reference should speak for itself)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2108 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Ogata wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:24 am
Its just one game..still have games but letting Severino strike a lot.. same old 2017... and we made Giancarlo a superstar too..ugh hate this feeling already.
Very true it’s only one game, but our starting lineup nowhere near matches up with the Yankees or Astros. A bad start may hasten the firesale/rebuild and am worried about Donaldson’s dead arm as it would reduce what they could get in return for him on the trade market.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3388 posts
896 upvotes
markham
shikotee wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 11:28 am
Nothing sickens me more than apologists for a vertically integrated corporation that is raking in millions in profits while providing a mediocre product. Fans both deserve better, and should demand better. The only way for this to happen is if they are willing to close their wallets.

Rogers greed and ineffective corporate structure is not conducive for a successful competitive team in MLB.
It is designed to maximize profit - it is not designed to build a winner.
The only way Rogers will have a winner is if they send an army of lawyers to the CRTC, and find some sort of angle where a world series could be mandated through regulation.

Amused that some here are impressed by how Rogers did not implement Stub Hub in 2017.
Newsflash - this was not because they love you - this was because they had just raised ticket prices after a mediocre season, and realized the optics would be terrible.

Then again, just ignore, and #lovethisteam
(This reference should speak for itself)

I don't disagree with you at all...I choose to not get excited by any of the sports teams anymore..will I go? I reluctantly received a pair of tix for a game in the summer but I will give them away. ..like I said , my time is more valuable...but my point was ONLY about mocking those that do go..nothing else...I hate Rogers as much as the next guy..I know we are all getting ripped ...if we choose to be ripped off...I am in no way encouraging anyone to do anything other then what they want..I just hate reading someone calling others idiots about partaking in an event they personally enjoy...and that can be anything from fishing to sporting events to expensive hobbys to gambling to drugs...live, let live..be kind to others ...and then die.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8479 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 8:01 pm
"Gibbons said Donaldson told him his arm is not injured, just suffering dead arm. Gibbons considering DH’ing him more, but manager not particularly worried."
from https://twitter.com/thehazelmae/status/ ... 8034843648
"Donaldson will DH for the next few games, Solarte to third. #Bluejays manager John Gibbons tells MLB Radio."

Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5824 posts
1335 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't care if the Toronto Blue Jays get a cut of fees from sales of tickets on StubHub, if it's scalpers and fans selling tickets. The scalpers and fan re-listings for high demand games are the ones driving up the resale prices - so why not get a cut back via fees.

Now, if the Toronto Blue Jays, for example, made all tickets unavailable on Ticketmaster and then listed them on StubHub at increased prices, that's a whole other story altogether. But why would they have to do that in the first place - they have dynamic pricing, so they can up their prices for higher demand games anyways. Which leads us back to the first point - they're just getting a cut of fees from tickets listed by scalpers and fans. So if a season seat holder listed all his/her tickets on StubHub to sell, and Toronto Blue Jays get a cut of the fees, why do you care?

Finally, for what it's worth, tickets are in much lower demand this year, and I found tickets for two giveaway days later this season for cheaper on re-sale sites than directly from Ticketmaster. So prices are down. Furthermore, home opener tickets were still available directly from Ticketmaster upto 2-3 weeks ago, with plenty of seats in the 500-level.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8479 upvotes
GTHA
blexann wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:30 am
it says a lot when you have the entire off-season to get healthy and then start the season on the DL
"Atkins said that since conservative treatment of Tulowitzki’s bone spurs didn’t work, surgery is the logical next step. Spurs didn’t really present until the spring, thought they were making progress on one foot when other flared up."

Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10296 posts
547 upvotes
Brampton
What is a dead arm? The season just started, and dead already?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8479 upvotes
GTHA
cheapmeister wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 5:28 pm
He missed time with a shoulder injury this spring. He made only seven appearances at third base -- and these aren't full games, you understand. The Blue Jays have described his condition as "dead arm," which is basically one unprepared for the demands imposed on it. Maybe he just hasn't gotten enough reps yet.

"There are programs that we have and there are things that we're going to be able to do to get there," Donaldson told MLB.com, pointing out that it's better some days.

from https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseb ... endencies/
Apr 29, 2007
400 posts
91 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cheapmeister wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 5:28 pm
I'm expecting an Easter Sunday resurrection.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4858 posts
615 upvotes
Tulo now elects to have surgery on his bone spurs? WTF has he been doing the last 6 months? Get rid of this POS who obviously never did want to play in TO in the 1st place. The guy is just playing the system sitting on IR collecting his overpaid $20 Mil/yr
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4425 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
17 innings 21 strike outs, 5 total hits...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6502 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
silky28 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 9:19 pm
17 innings 21 strike outs, 5 total hits...
Seasons over folks...this is the 2017 long ball Jays...Let's hope we can split the series...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6884 posts
1408 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote:
Mar 30th, 2018 9:55 pm
Seasons over folks...this is the 2017 long ball Jays...Let's hope we can split the series...
160 to go not saying your wrong but lots of time left.