DHWestview wrote: Mariners 14 Sox 2 Astonished Face
Pesky O's last chance to make a dent or Shatkins needs to be fired
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1284 posts
795 upvotes
Markham
Tiberius wrote: You make the assumption that Merrifield wouldn't have simply stepped off the bag, caught the ball from Vladdy, tagged the runner at first (who had to go to second), and then put his foot on the bag to get the hitter.

The whole play is great to think about after the fact, but in the moment, there isn't time for players to dissect the variables. Only Vladdy and Merrifield seemed to have thought ahead.

The real answer to the puzzle was that the hitter should have run hard down the line. If he does, Vladdy's only option is to catch the ball, or drop it and get a force at second... (so you catch it and don't risk an errors in the throw, etc.)
100% this. I'm not blaming the runner already on first. It's difficult to anticipate (and quickly respond to) a teammate doing the wrong thing
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
2088 posts
658 upvotes
This Orioles series will pretty much define if the Jays are playing for playoffs or they are pretty much done !

Nothing short of a sweep will be acceptable (for me), though I am not expecting a miracle here !
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
Ogata wrote: Pesky O's last chance to make a dent or Shatkins needs to be fired
Highly unlikely, Shapiro going anywhere (because of the business end), Atkins maybe, but unlikely since buddies unless there are some behind the scene issues like our other team here.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Highly unlikely, Shapiro going anywhere (because of the business end), Atkins maybe, but unlikely since buddies unless there are some behind the scene issues like our other team here.
As much as I'd like Atkins gone it's unlikely - even if they miss the play-offs
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
rraj2k9 wrote: This Orioles series will pretty much define if the Jays are playing for playoffs or they are pretty much done !

Nothing short of a sweep will be acceptable (for me), though I am not expecting a miracle here !
I will be surprised if we take 3 out of 4 given how aggressive they were last series..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1894 posts
514 upvotes
Ogata wrote: I will be surprised if we take 3 out of 4 given how aggressive they were last series..
Its only a 3-game series, but 2 out of 3 would make me very happy
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1894 posts
514 upvotes
Mariners lead by 1 game, but its more like 2 games since a tie would almost certainly go to Seattle.
First tiebreaker is head to head record, and the teams went 3-3.
Next tiebreaker is intra-divisional record. TOR 11-23, SEA 22-11. So tie goes to Mariners.
Nov 19, 2006
682 posts
445 upvotes
Niagara
DHWestview wrote: Mariners lead by 1 game, but its more like 2 games since a tie would almost certainly go to Seattle.
First tiebreaker is head to head record, and the teams went 3-3.
Next tiebreaker is intra-divisional record. TOR 11-23, SEA 22-11. So tie goes to Mariners.
I think the only tie breaker (against teams still in the playoff hunt) the Jays would win is against the Astros.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
DHWestview wrote: Its only a 3-game series, but 2 out of 3 would make me very happy
Thanks the schedule past the pesky O's SHOULD be in their favour assuming they don't cough up the wins to the A's, Nationals and Royals...they HAVE to win all 3 of these series the way Seattle has been playing...
Heat 43-0-0
Nov 7, 2022
787 posts
1389 upvotes
Fat boy Manoah is still in Toronto according to Schneider in his pre-game scrum today. This is stupid now, it is obvious he has an attitude problem.
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
doomvilla wrote: Fat boy Manoah is still in Toronto according to Schneider in his pre-game scrum today. This is stupid now, it is obvious he has an attitude problem.
I'm expecting him to demand a trade
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
doomvilla wrote: Fat boy Manoah is still in Toronto according to Schneider in his pre-game scrum today. This is stupid now, it is obvious he has an attitude problem.
Funny how no media was able to find him and catch him in the act or he hiding at the Rogers Centre discreetly
Heat 43-0-0
Nov 7, 2022
787 posts
1389 upvotes
fkl118 wrote: I'm expecting him to demand a trade
What team would want him in his current condition?
Ogata wrote: Funny how no media was able to find him and catch him in the act or he hiding at the Rogers Centre discreetly
Probably hanging out at some Korean Fried Chicken place in Koreatown North in North York that his good friend Ryu pointed him to.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
FFS game over with that DP..Kikuchi needs to deal..
Heat 43-0-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)