The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:23 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Vladdy running very gingerly...not good something is bothering him..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
4333 posts
798 upvotes
Yankees stadium, never seen it so quiet. You could hear a coin drop.

Stanton, that some UGLY swings man, but I wonder if Vladdy's flailing earlier this month is worse. Is Stanton giving us a sneak peak of Vladdy in 10 years?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Yankees stadium, never seen it so quiet. You could hear a coin drop.

Stanton, that some UGLY swings man, but I wonder if Vladdy's flailing earlier this month is worse. Is Stanton giving us a sneak peak of Vladdy in 10 years?
that's Stanton, he's heard some pretty nasty boos over the years - fans probably just gave up
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
2088 posts
658 upvotes
If the Jays can maintain this momentum, who knows they may even be able to take on the Ray's in the first playoff game at the Trop.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
rraj2k9 wrote: If the Jays can maintain this momentum, who knows they may even be able to take on the Ray's in the first playoff game at the Trop.
Anything can happen but 2019 we had no good pitching so lets see how we match up against the Pesky Rays..also we didn't use Taijuan Walker in the Wildcard game resulting in the sweep
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2019
1894 posts
514 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Yankees stadium, never seen it so quiet. You could hear a coin drop.

That's the risk you take when you sign players for long-term deals.
They tend to get lazy because they know it wont matter if they dont produce. They are getting paid either way
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
DHWestview wrote: That's the risk you take when you sign players for long-term deals.
They tend to get lazy because they know it wont matter if they dont produce. They are getting paid either way
Ya, teams always pay wayyy too much for just the sluggers.. he brings no value defensively so i hate when teams spend soo much on long term deals with guys that only bring the hitting aspect, and even then, not even the top top hitting..I guess Miami had to pay to keep him there.. But giving up $25 mill a year for 13 years for only a hitter is waaay to much

Stantons just seemed too big of a contract considering just a year or two before (and 3 years before) Votto and Pujols both signed 10 year deals at 22.5 and 24 Mill a year respectively. Votto was younger and just won an MVP 2 years before, and Pujols was older but with a crazy 7 year run and 3 MVPS... Those were worth the deals at the time... Stanton got 13 years, $25ish mill a year when he had some solid stats but nothing like those guys were putting up... Guess u gotta pay big to stay in the small markets
May 15, 2019
656 posts
760 upvotes
GWN
grappos13 wrote: Ya, teams always pay wayyy too much for just the sluggers.. he brings no value defensively so i hate when teams spend soo much on long term deals with guys that only bring the hitting aspect, and even then, not even the top top hitting..I guess Miami had to pay to keep him there.. But giving up $25 mill a year for 13 years for only a hitter is waaay to much

Stantons just seemed too big of a contract considering just a year or two before (and 3 years before) Votto and Pujols both signed 10 year deals at 22.5 and 24 Mill a year respectively. Votto was younger and just won an MVP 2 years before, and Pujols was older but with a crazy 7 year run and 3 MVPS... Those were worth the deals at the time... Stanton got 13 years, $25ish mill a year when he had some solid stats but nothing like those guys were putting up... Guess u gotta pay big to stay in the small markets
Baseball players tend to have their prime years from ages 28 to 32, some manage to extend their dominance to 34 (Bautista hit 40 at age 34 and was always an on-base machine) some do not. Stanton is one of the latter.

When the decline happens, it happens quickly. (Unless 'roids).
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Jesse Chavez the next LA Troy Hawkins still pitching with Atlanta
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
NoFrillBill wrote: I just took a look. Quite the offensive explosion.
Seattle looking like they will hold on the lead with Oakland ans we are back to sqaure one. Gotta win or it becomes a three way tie
Last edited by Ogata on Sep 20th, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Omfg

The Blue Jays announced that they have selected the contract of outfielder Cam Eden. Infielder Ernie Clement has been optioned in a corresponding active roster move with infielder Mason McCoy designated for assignment to open a 40-man spot.

Why bring up a RH bat now even with a lefty pitcher..maybe to rest Chappy?
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
No Vladdy in the lineup "right knee discomfort" hopefully not a ACL issue
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11685 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Boone getting there with the most ejections..

"He (Gausman) is having a hell of a night!" Face With Tears Of Joy

my goodness that lady with the sparkly Yankee hat that is a huge distraction
Heat 43-0-0