• Dec 16th, 2018 1:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6408 posts
981 upvotes
T dot 6
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 9:14 pm
I`m not sure what happened in his life but he seems to be " me" against the world.
I use to think that's how he hyped himself up for games. But then all this stuff happened off the field so now I don't think so. Sad. When you start losing, everything falls apart.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6758 posts
1303 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 1:32 pm
thot u meant Buck Martinez lol
I would rather have Buck Martinez over Buck Showalter. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6485 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 12:53 pm
Goodluck and Godspeed to Liam Hendriks tonight.
Bad decision to send Hendriks out on a do or die game... Game Over for Oakland Classic Red Sox and Yanks match up ugh... had enough of those over the years...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
Oakland A's with 13 strikeouts at the plate. Everyone must have tried to do to much at the plate. Lack of playoff experience.

But I still think they should have went with Fiers to start.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7897 posts
1707 upvotes
If Milwaukee's bullpen day blows up today too, there will be second guessing if this can actually work in the playoffs since the margin for error is so low.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 12:07 pm
If Milwaukee's bullpen day blows up today too, there will be second guessing if this can actually work in the playoffs since the margin for error is so low.
It doesn't make sense in my opinion. Like if you want to bring the bullpen in early, in like the 5th inning that's one thing. Or if you're like Tampa Bay, going with an "opener" and you've been doing that for a while now, such that people are used to their roles, that's cool too.

But to suddenly do it, like Oakland did. Nope.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6485 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 6:02 pm
I would rather have Buck Martinez over Buck Showalter. Go Jays Go
Its gonna be Eric Wedge...that'll be the most screwed up pick..surprising how some of Sportsnet is saying John Mcdonald to come back...Rays did it with Cash...gotta be a catcher..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6758 posts
1303 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 10:31 pm
Its gonna be Eric Wedge...that'll be the most screwed up pick..surprising how some of Sportsnet is saying John Mcdonald to come back...Rays did it with Cash...gotta be a catcher..
Please no. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6758 posts
1303 upvotes
Mississauga
Well the trade with Cleveland is finally finalized and out player to be named later is "drum roll please"

Merryweather, the player to be named later in the trade, was 7-9 with a 5.32 earned-run average in 2017 over 25 games for triple-A Columbus and double-A Akron.
The 26-year-old native of Berkeley, Calif., missed this past season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March.
Merryweather is 23-20 with a 3.92 ERA over four minor-league seasons.
The Blue Jays designated utilityman Jon Berti for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

The best the braintrust could get for Donaldson is a 26 year old dead arm pitcher. Anyone of us could of done better. I would of kept him and traded him in the winter. Go Jays Go
Oct 22, 2012
686 posts
395 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:58 pm
Well the trade with Cleveland is finally finalized and out player to be named later is "drum roll please"

Merryweather, the player to be named later in the trade, was 7-9 with a 5.32 earned-run average in 2017 over 25 games for triple-A Columbus and double-A Akron.
The 26-year-old native of Berkeley, Calif., missed this past season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March.
The Blue Jays designated utilityman Jon Berti for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

The best the braintrust could get for Donaldson is a 26 year old dead arm pitcher. Anyone of us could of done better. I would of kept him and traded him in the winter. Go Jays Go
He's a UFA right now.
Had he not been traded to Cleveland and stayed with the Jays, he would of been a UFA + Draft pick compensation. The money the jays saved plus a 26 year old dead arm pitcher might be comparable to a 2nd rounder
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6758 posts
1303 upvotes
Mississauga
Another thing to think about if Houston wins the World Series Osuna will get a World Series Ring. How ironic. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6758 posts
1303 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 4:19 pm
He's a UFA right now.
Had he not been traded to Cleveland and stayed with the Jays, he would of been a UFA + Draft pick compensation. The money the jays saved plus a 26 year old dead arm pitcher might be comparable to a 2nd rounder
I guess it depends on what you think the future for Josh Donaldson is. If he gets hurt again and never returns Atkins was correct. But what if he continues to be the superstar that we had in 2017 which I believe will happen I will be correct. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:58 pm

Really bad trade considering the rumours that other teams were interested.