The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2018 9:18 pm
Oct 22, 2012
640 posts
372 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:58 pm
Well the trade with Cleveland is finally finalized and out player to be named later is "drum roll please"

Merryweather, the player to be named later in the trade, was 7-9 with a 5.32 earned-run average in 2017 over 25 games for triple-A Columbus and double-A Akron.
The 26-year-old native of Berkeley, Calif., missed this past season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March.
Merryweather is 23-20 with a 3.92 ERA over four minor-league seasons.
The Blue Jays designated utilityman Jon Berti for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

The best the braintrust could get for Donaldson is a 26 year old dead arm pitcher. Anyone of us could of done better. I would of kept him and traded him in the winter. Go Jays Go
He's a UFA right now.
Had he not been traded to Cleveland and stayed with the Jays, he would of been a UFA + Draft pick compensation. The money the jays saved plus a 26 year old dead arm pitcher might be comparable to a 2nd rounder
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6586 posts
1188 upvotes
Mississauga
Another thing to think about if Houston wins the World Series Osuna will get a World Series Ring. How ironic. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6586 posts
1188 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 4:19 pm
He's a UFA right now.
Had he not been traded to Cleveland and stayed with the Jays, he would of been a UFA + Draft pick compensation. The money the jays saved plus a 26 year old dead arm pitcher might be comparable to a 2nd rounder
I guess it depends on what you think the future for Josh Donaldson is. If he gets hurt again and never returns Atkins was correct. But what if he continues to be the superstar that we had in 2017 which I believe will happen I will be correct. Go Jays Go
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1470 posts
259 upvotes
Ontario
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 3:58 pm
Well the trade with Cleveland is finally finalized and out player to be named later is "drum roll please"

Merryweather, the player to be named later in the trade, was 7-9 with a 5.32 earned-run average in 2017 over 25 games for triple-A Columbus and double-A Akron.
The 26-year-old native of Berkeley, Calif., missed this past season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March.
Merryweather is 23-20 with a 3.92 ERA over four minor-league seasons.
The Blue Jays designated utilityman Jon Berti for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

The best the braintrust could get for Donaldson is a 26 year old dead arm pitcher. Anyone of us could of done better. I would of kept him and traded him in the winter. Go Jays Go
Really bad trade considering the rumours that other teams were interested.
Oct 22, 2012
640 posts
372 upvotes
Should of expected that Shatkins ship him to Cleveland. How many years did they work there for? They were probably know the prospects better in that organization as opposed to elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6586 posts
1188 upvotes
Mississauga
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 8:48 pm
Should of expected that Shatkins ship him to Cleveland. How many years did they work there for? They were probably know the prospects better in that organization as opposed to elsewhere.
That's part of my point. He knows the Cleveland organization from top to bottom and that's all he could get is a old dead arm pitcher. BS Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6096 posts
984 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 12:14 am
What did we get for J A Happ again? Face With Tears Of Joy
That was an amazing game wow.
a 25 year old with a broken elbow
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4227 posts
685 upvotes
Abbottabad
Lol @ the implosion of Andrew Miller.

And hot damn at pregnant Kate Upton.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2391 posts
874 upvotes
Everywhere
Just watched the Houston/Cleveland game on TBS. I was confused for a moment when Hazel Mae was interviewing a player. Didn't realize she got traded! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Would have been funny if she were interviewing a former Blue Jay!

Toronto traded everyone!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31809 posts
8170 upvotes
GTHA
batcave wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 8:26 pm
Just watched the Houston/Cleveland game on TBS. I was confused for a moment when Hazel Mae was interviewing a player. Didn't realize she got traded! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Would have been funny if she were interviewing a former Blue Jay!

Toronto traded everyone!
TBS announced that Don Orsillo and Dennis Eckersley with Hazel Mae will call the Astros/Indians ALDS games.

From https://twitter.com/JMastrodonato/statu ... 1485242370