The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 10:34 am
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17201 posts
1507 upvotes
Woodbridge
Not really into MLB but the Red Sox got my attention back in 2004 when they won the World Series.

I can't name one player but I picked them and nobody wanted to bet me. LOL

Amazing game tonight, looks like they will take a 3-0 lead.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6481 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Steve Pearce will get his WS ring bahhh.. what a downer this year..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17201 posts
1507 upvotes
Woodbridge
Second year Kershaw has choked in the World Series. The Payton Manning of MLB...yes, I believe he should still have 0 Super Bowl rings. He defeated a back-up and defence handed him one.

Like I said, I don't know much but what if they make him a closer?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6411 posts
1171 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 10:58 pm
Second year Kershaw has choked in the World Series. The Payton Manning of MLB...yes, I believe he should still have 0 Super Bowl rings. He defeated a back-up and defence handed him one.

Like I said, I don't know much but what if they make him a closer?
No. On both counts (chocking, closer)
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6723 posts
1280 upvotes
Mississauga
Is Boston that much better than the Dodgers? I expected them to win but thought it would be a lot closer. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6411 posts
1171 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 11:10 pm
Is Boston that much better than the Dodgers? I expected them to win but thought it would be a lot closer. Go Jays Go
Better? yes, by how much? well that's debatable. One thing was clear, Boston's bullpen demolished the Dodgers pen and Boston's starters and hitters had a better series.

I said it earlier on here...can't have relievers coming in topping out at 93, Jansen threw 1 pitch at 96 today maybe his hardest pitch all series but it was only 1 of many pitches, not enough.

screw it...It wasn't close.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5689 posts
1287 upvotes
Mississauga
Nice win by the sox.

Xander Bogaerts is the only player that was on the 2013 World Series roster.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7890 posts
1701 upvotes
WInning pitcher David Price. Winning runs knocked in by Steve Pearce. Congratulations to the Jays connections. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

BTW what's with Atkins. 2 years ago they said they will get younger they bring in Morales.
Said that Osuna is the closer (after the charges), they trade him.
Said they will bring in a younger manager while Montoyo is just a couple of years younger than Gibby.

Can one believe anything these guys say?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6723 posts
1280 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 11:21 pm
Better? yes, by how much? well that's debatable. One thing was clear, Boston's bullpen demolished the Dodgers pen and Boston's starters and hitters had a better series.

I said it earlier on here...can't have relievers coming in topping out at 93, Jansen threw 1 pitch at 96 today maybe his hardest pitch all series but it was only 1 of many pitches, not enough.

screw it...It wasn't close.
You are right it wasn't close. The worst part is when AA was in charge I always believed AA could make us better every summer and with a shot at the playoffs the next year but with Atkins in charge I have no faith.

What is with the missing Shapiro. I haven't heard much but since the news about him going to New York he has been missing in limelight. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6723 posts
1280 upvotes
Mississauga
Kind of quiet here with the David Price bashing. Not looking back through the posts but you know who you are. Go Congradulations Steve Pierce Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6411 posts
1171 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 12:51 pm
Kind of quiet here with the David Price bashing. Not looking back through the posts but you know who you are. Go Congradulations Steve Pierce Go Jays Go
Ha ha yea.
________

Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7890 posts
1701 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 12:51 pm
He handles things differently now looks like. That JD Martinez flyball didn't have the same effect that the Bautista/Goins miscommunication had on Price.
I guess he has matured as an under pressure pitcher.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6723 posts
1280 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 7:46 pm
He handles things differently now looks like. That JD Martinez flyball didn't have the same effect that the Bautista/Goins miscommunication had on Price.
I guess he has matured as an under pressure pitcher.
He was too good to keep losing in the post season. I understood his tweet and the frustration with the writers and the non-believers but I think if he re-thought it he might not of sent it. Go Jays Go

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

jl001