Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6392 posts
1156 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 8:13 pm
Blue Jays To Exercise Club Option On Justin Smoak
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/10/ ... ption.html
As expected, now trade Morales and DH Tellez who can also spell Smoak at 1st. Could possibly also trade him which would have made more sense last season.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Jan 18, 2016
114 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Steamer projections are out on fangraphs! very very high on Vlad Jr, i.e. top 10 hitter which is crazy. Less so on Smoak with a 114 wrc+, but still OK. after that though, whoosh, gonna be a long year.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7869 posts
1696 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 8:26 pm
As expected, now trade Morales and DH Tellez who can also spell Smoak at 1st. Could possibly also trade him which would have made more sense last season.
Unfortunately, there is no off season market for a one-dimensional player making $11 million. The only option would be a buyout or trading him at the deadline, even that would require to pick up some salary owed.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6392 posts
1156 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:04 pm
Unfortunately, there is no off season market for a one-dimensional player making $11 million. The only option would be a buyout or trading him at the deadline, even that would require to pick up some salary owed.
I don't know he's good for 20+ home runs but yea it would have to be the right fit - so probably an AL team that's close to contending
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6481 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Tim Leiper and Brook Jacoby gone... who will Montoyo bring in...yet Luis Rivera still here... playing favourites because he speaks spanish?

I am abit disappointed Vlad Jr needs a translator being born in Canada
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6720 posts
1272 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 5:22 pm
Tim Leiper and Brook Jacoby gone... who will Montoyo bring in...yet Luis Rivera still here... playing favourites because he speaks spanish?

I am abit disappointed Vlad Jr needs a translator being born in Canada
I am disappointed in Tim Leiper being let go. I thought he did a good job but the new manager gets his staff.

I dont think that Vlad Jr needs a translator but the Jays are pulling out all the stops to make him and his family happy. With the make up of the team and the future players coming up Spanish was the first priority in my opinion. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
6481 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Diaz to the Stros...seeing too many re-occurring trade partners.....
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6720 posts
1272 upvotes
Mississauga
Nice to see Steve Pierce get a 1 year contract with Boston. Go Jays Go
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6392 posts
1156 upvotes
Ogata wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 11:53 am
Diaz to the Stros...seeing too many re-occurring trade partners.....
I don't like this. Trading a legit bat for a 25 year old minor leaguer.
________

Jan 3, 2003
332 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver Island
blexann wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 12:22 pm
I don't like this. Trading a legit bat for a 25 year old minor leaguer.
Diaz was never going to be an everyday player, there are just too many infielders with potential they could use. For me the bad thing is he has to go on the 40 man roster, so they really didn't clear any space to protect another prospect.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6392 posts
1156 upvotes
Birdman wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 12:49 pm
Diaz was never going to be an everyday player, there are just too many infielders with potential they could use. For me the bad thing is he has to go on the 40 man roster, so they really didn't clear any space to protect another prospect.
I'm ok with giving the young infielders a chance just hate giving away an everyday player like Diaz. If Drury doesn't work out and Travis gets hurt again this move will look even worse.

Yea there's probably some more moves coming
________

Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5675 posts
1276 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 12:54 pm
I'm ok with giving the young infielders a chance just hate giving away an everyday player like Diaz. If Drury doesn't work out and Travis gets hurt again this move will look even worse.

Yea there's probably some more moves coming
But we still have Gurriel Jr, Berti, Ngoepe, and then Solarte, presumably they would try to trade him, but if he stays, he'd also move over once May rolls around and Vladdy comes up.

Oh and of course, there's still Tulowitzki.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6392 posts
1156 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 1:38 pm
But we still have Gurriel Jr, Berti, Ngoepe, and then Solarte, presumably they would try to trade him, but if he stays, he'd also move over once May rolls around and Vladdy comes up.

Oh and of course, there's still Tulowitzki.
lol. forgot about him
________