Toronto
skyblue12 wrote: wooo Aaron Hill Dingerrrrr
lol take it easy jamie campbell.

"[Insert Name Here] with the ding-dong!"
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1192 posts
1 upvote
Mind you, Big Cat is hitting a buck sixty-seven in Texas right now.

I do miss Johnson, but the Jays have got to roll with the punches--they showed tonight that they can hit tonight even without Johnson and Glaus (even without Overbay and Lind in the starting nine). All they need now is to do it night in, night out.

Hopefully, the Doc doesn't get shafted tomorrow night because of a lack of run support.
"There are no pacts between lions and men, and wolves and lambs have no concord." - Homer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
Finally Thomas does something other than getting K'ed...hah
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
39 upvotes
kevin01 wrote: Aaron Hill should bat lead-off, rios was doing just fine at 6th.

Anyone know when Glaus will be off the DL, hope this injury doesnt go too far.
Why waste Hill's XPH now in lead off? He's much better at driving in runs now down in the 6/7th hole. Ideally, Rios should be there too but Johnson is out.

Glaus can come back on Saturday.
wesleyw wrote: Finally Thomas does something other than getting K'ed...hah
Frank is starting to get into his groove. He's been hitting the ball hard lately. Fly outs, singles. That means he's getting his timing.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2006
2276 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yankees are struggling and getting desperate. They're going to rush Hughes into the Majors and he'll get his first start against Toronto.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3831 posts
26 upvotes
wesleyw wrote: Finally Thomas does something other than getting K'ed...hah
He also leads the team in BBs....out of all the 'regulars' only Hill has a better OBP. Dunno why all the hating on Thomas; the entire team is struggling with very few exceptions (mainly Hill).
i think this line's mostly filler
Apr 19, 2003
260 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton
BJ has been moved to the 60 day DL. Earliest possible return is mid-June.

Poor JP.....I gotta wonder what is going on in his head these days.
Although it's still early, the man has to be under some serious stress.

On a side note:

Way to go Johnny Mac! Great job!
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
93 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
nice throw ramirez.. wth was that :lol: whipped the ball right into the ground :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1251 posts
36 upvotes
lol Red Sox SUCK defensively.
10-3

this is the way to get out of a slump.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1698 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
so would Doc's record have been 4-0 or 5-0 if it wasn't for the bullpen?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1192 posts
1 upvote
That was one helluva night for Doc. 10Ks through 8 for a, primarily, groundout pitcher.
"There are no pacts between lions and men, and wolves and lambs have no concord." - Homer
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7607 posts
7342 upvotes
skyblue12 wrote: nice throw ramirez.. wth was that :lol: whipped the ball right into the ground :lol:
Manny played the bounce off the Monster well, but his relay throw was just garbage. More like a relay roll.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2006
2276 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Madchester wrote: Manny played the bounce off the Monster well, but his relay throw was just garbage. More like a relay roll.
when i seen that i just laughed.... it was pathetic
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12163 posts
5613 upvotes
Ottawa
Manny being Manny LOL

I believe the Sox was trying to move Manny but nobody bit because of his high price tag and questionable attitude at times

Great win for the Jays today. Good to see Thomas, Overbay and Wells got some hits and runs.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
93 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
boy i bet those thomas haters are hiding under rocks after the last 2 games eh? :lol:

nice to see the jays find their offense again.. and that the heart of our lineup is starting to find their groove, at the same time everybody else seems to be finding their swing now as well.
Jan 1, 2006
351 posts
T.dot Ontario
i missed most of this game (the bar i was at started showing the Raptors game.. not that I was complaining hahaha)

i just remember seeing the updates on the Score and thinking that Doc was off his game (he gave up 3 runs in the early going)
but then i get home and find he pitches 8 innings with 10 Ks :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
1732 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I always liked Johnny Mac. He played for the tigers 2 years ago and was very solid defensively while getting a clutch hit now and again.

I dont think he has enough skill to play everyday but he does earn his playing time.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

Tiberius, blexann