Off Topic

Toronto BMW employee charged for allegedly poisoning co-worker with engine coolant

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2018 7:51 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10679 posts
771 upvotes
Brampton

Toronto BMW employee charged for allegedly poisoning co-worker with engine coolant

A Toronto man is under arrest for allegedly trying to poison his co-worker with engine coolant at a downtown Toronto BMW dealership. Police say they’re also looking for a second suspect.

Police were called to the dealership in the Don Valley Parkway and Eastern Avenue area on Thursday.

A source, who did not want to be identified, told CityNews that an employee at the dealership was having a drink when he realized something tasted wrong with his beverage.

“Upon the police investigation of CCTV cameras in the area, it is alleged that two men took a water bottle from the service area, replaced it with what is believed to be engine coolant, and returned it back to the man in order to consume,” Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu told CityNews.

“At this time, one man has been charged – Rahim Jaffer of Toronto – with one count of administering noxious substance. We are currently working on a search warrant for a second man, it’s possible that he may be charged with administering noxious substance, or he may be charged with attempt murder …until we actually contact the man and arrest the man, the charges will be determined upon then.”

The victim was not treated for any injuries.
bmw poisoning 680 news

Wow! I wonder what happened between these men that led to one poisoning the other? Also don't they have higher standards for hiring employees at BMW when compared to Hyundai or Kia?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
22 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21678 posts
2421 upvotes
Montreal
cheapmeister wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 5:47 pm
Wow! I wonder what happened between these men that led to one poisoning the other? Also don't they have higher standards for hiring employees at BMW when compared to Hyundai or Kia?
Luxury car salesman are ruthless cutthroats. They'll do anything for a commission...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40516 posts
4300 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
mr_raider wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 7:42 pm
Luxury car salesman are ruthless cutthroats. They'll do anything for a commission...
Maybe revenge for a percieved sleight or stolen sales maybe?

Some hot shot walks in ready to buy a fully loaded 7 series and buts in for the sale maybe?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4565 posts
622 upvotes
1 of the articles states the man charged, Rahim Jaffer, is actually the superior of the man poisoned. Wonder what dept this was (sales, service, parts, etc)
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4565 posts
622 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:01 pm
Maybe revenge for a percieved sleight or stolen sales maybe?

Some hot shot walks in ready to buy a fully loaded 7 series and buts in for the sale maybe?
They have strict rules for this. If you were talking to the guy first & someone butts in unsolicited, the first sales guy still gets the commission

Many if not most dealerships work on a "up" system. Lets say there are 5 sales guy on the floor. They have a certain order, as to which sales guy gets to talk to the next customer. This is why you hear customers complain "there was 5 sales guy not doing anything yet none of them served me". Its because it wasn't their turn, & the guy whos turn it is, either went to the washroom or decided he didn't wanna waste his turn on someone he perceived to not be serious. Once your turn is used up, you go back to the bottom of the order. Some days you might only get 1 turn, so some of them are picky about using their turn.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
2273 posts
862 upvotes
Canada
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:11 pm
oh come on.....don't be a baby - suck it up buttercup!!!

A little engine coolant will cleanse the body good.....lol!!
I use engine coolant in my cereal!
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2283 posts
453 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yes you ruined it, anyways back on topic, i feel sorry for the employee who got poisoned and hope the two culprits go to jail for a along time
Hi
Dec 29, 2012
749 posts
186 upvotes
Scarborough
Yeah, better watch your lunchbox in the communal fridge in the office, especially if you get a promotion!
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3758 posts
1151 upvotes
markham
this is why you never drink the yellow gatorade
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8611 posts
6036 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Amazing how many folks here do not read...
“Upon the police investigation of CCTV cameras in the area, it is alleged that two men took a water bottle from the service area, replaced it with what is believed to be engine coolant, and returned it back to the man in order to consume,” Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu told CityNews.
So based on that wording we assume the injured party either worked in Service, not sales.
Or
The service area in this context refers to an area where perhaps the water cooler is, coffee bar etc

I am going with the first one... the usual use of the term Service Area in a Car Dealership

So that puts a whole other perspective on the story... it was probably not a fight over a sale.
But rather how a Customer & their car was being treated after a sale

Especially so if the man doing the deed was the boss of the guy drinking the engine coolant

One thing for sure, the boss is a nut job. Can you imagine working for this dude ?