[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1755 posts
42 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

Toronto Budweiser Stage backpack/bag rule

Hey folks,

I'm heading to a concert/festival this week (in this case, the Warped Tour in Toronto) and I wanted to know if the Budweiser Stage will allow certain backpacks into the venue?

The reason that I'm asking is that I intend to buy a wad of band merchandise at the venue and also pack my rechargeable battery pack (to charge my mobile phone). I have a few backpacks in my collection - each have it's own purpose (i.e. one bag is for adventure, the other is for my laptop/tablet, etc.). In the past, I used to carry my laptop backpack (sans laptop) that I got from my college (that came with my laptop as part of the program that I studied in a decade ago) at the Budweiser Stage (then known as the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre) many years ago, but I'm not sure if the particular backpack that I have - will be admitted to the venue.

I've been in contact with the venue for the past few weeks but sadly, the answers that they had gave to me - are not clear. I've also looked at the tweets by other users answering the same question, but they're all mixed.

Can you advise some suggestions/opinions?
Less Negativeness, More Positiveness
Moins des négativités, Plus de positivités
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2431 posts
555 upvotes
Expect security to check your bag, but I don't think it should be a problem to bring a bag.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18363 posts
17104 upvotes
Toronto
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 10:00 pm

The reason that I'm asking is that I intend to buy a wad of band merchandise at the venue
Ah. You must be one of those rich RFDers that I hear about so often . Band merch pricing at Budweiser is outrageous!
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1755 posts
42 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
sprung wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 9:40 am
Ah. You must be one of those rich RFDers that I hear about so often . Band merch pricing at Budweiser is outrageous!
I have to agree. The band merchandise that is sold at the Budweiser Stage (not just for the Warped Tour, but other concerts) can be bit on the expensive side, but it's worth it. Sometimes, there are certain merchandise that can't be sold in Canada due to legal clearance restrictions.

As for those who are wondering about the backpack concern that I had faced that day - I was able to bring in my backpack no problem; however, they advised me to clear some of the stuff off my pockets and stuff.
Once security checked my stuff, this is what happened:

Security guard: Okay, you're good!
Me: Am I clear?
Security guard: Yes.

Therefore, I was able to get into the venue with my backpack without any issue!
Less Negativeness, More Positiveness
Moins des négativités, Plus de positivités
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2366 posts
842 upvotes
We have crappy lawn seats for tonight's Arcade Fire show. It rained quite a bit today, so I wanna bring a tarp in my knapsack for the soggy ground. Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy one of those blue or orange tarps? Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18363 posts
17104 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 2:57 pm
We have crappy lawn seats for tonight's Arcade Fire show. It rained quite a bit today, so I wanna bring a tarp in my knapsack for the soggy ground. Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy one of those blue or orange tarps? Thanks in advance!
the ponchos at Dollarama are quite large. Maybe grab some of those? they also have some roll up bamboo beach mats
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.