Mar 9, 2007
11390 posts
6202 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

Toronto to Cebu, Philippines - $558 CAD roundtrip including taxes | new record

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 31, 2019
China Eastern has dropped the price of their March and April flights from Toronto to Cebu City, Philippines down to $558 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights have 1 stop each way, in Shanghai, China for 3-4 hours.

This is a new record for the cheapest flights from Toronto to Cebu.

Availability for travel

March, April 2019

How to find and book these flights

1. Go to Kayak or Flighthub

2. Search for a flight from Toronto (YYZ) to Cebu, Philippines (CEB)

Try one of the following date combinations:

Mar 11 to Mar 22 -- $576
Mar 11, 12 to Mar 19, 20, 25 -- $576

Mar 11, 12, 13 to Mar 25, 26
Mar 18, 19, 20 to Apr 2, 9, 12
Mar 25, 26, 27 to Apr 9, 12, 16, 19
Mar 29, 30, 31 to Apr 12, 16, 19

Mar 31 to Apr 13, 14, 19, 21 -- $576

NOTE: For longer trips, you can try mixing and matching the dates from different lines in the list above.

http://yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-cebu-phi ... new-record
Last edited by Cheapo-Findo on Jan 16th, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
57 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
U taking the kids?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jun 24, 2013
95 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Only about 5 hours late from the email blast
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11390 posts
6202 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
yeah!
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 6:10 pm
U taking the kids?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9265 posts
536 upvotes
This is a really good deal.

Cheapest I have seen so far.

Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 3rd, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off-topic
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Nov 13, 2006
972 posts
598 upvotes
I've said this before and I'll say it again, do not fly with Chinese Eastern. It's all good IF everything is on time and there are no issues, but as soon as you need help or late flights or refunds or rescheduling , they are the worst ! I would personally never fly with them again even if they offered me a free flight. Had a terrible experience last year with them.

Google Chinese Eastern Airline reviews and you will see what I mean.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15500 posts
1448 upvotes
GTA
anything thru Shanghai expect a 8 hr delay
Apr 17, 2016
132 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 6:22 pm
Toronto to Bali for $597:

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal/to ... irlines-2/

Departures in March, return mid-March to early April
I just searched for this flight and these prices don't seem right. First, I can't replicate the flights from next departure for same price...and when I find the lowest price ones, you have to book through sketchy ticket websites which have horrible reviews. I usually book direct with airline, but I have done through Expedia before without problems...but some of the reviews on these other booking sites don't look promising.
Mar 29, 2005
936 posts
322 upvotes
actng wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 6:39 pm
anything thru Shanghai expect a 8 hr delay
Can anyone back this up? I've heard of delays in mainland China, but that bad?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6925 posts
2871 upvotes
China Eastern is perfectly fine.

There's free wifi (behind the Chinese firewall) on the very new Boeing 777 they use for YYZ - PVG. The food is decent in economy class and you get baggage and everything too. The seats are bigger than Air Canada long-haul and the quantity of food is greater too, so I usually land much happier than flying Air Canada. Customer service is meh as are the other passengers.

I've flown them long-haul 3 times on 3 different round trips since 2015 and have no issues with them. You can very very easily get elite status on Delta Skymiles if you credit the China Eastern flights to Delta since most fares earn 100% MQMs.

I personally don't like Bali because it's far too touristy from the moment you land at the airport, but if you want the polar opposite in touristy-ness but lots of pristine beaches and some of the best scuba diving in the world for corals, there are 3x daily direct flights to Dili in Timor-Leste for ~$100 CAD each way from Bali.

I posted a lot of pics on a previous RFD thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/china-e ... #p27557036
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1000 posts
1991 upvotes
Recoil wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 7:09 pm
Can anyone back this up? I've heard of delays in mainland China, but that bad?
Had an 8 hour overnight layover in Nanjing. I would under no circumstances recommend staying in that airport overnight, it’s so small, that everything basically shuts down at night. For about 3 hours they actually turned off the lights and the entire terminal was dark save for some reserve lighting. Construction workers were smoking in the building, people sleeping in random places all over the terminal. Luckily we had the foresight to load up on instant noodles and stuff while we were in Shanghai otherwise we would have been very hungry, as nothing was open.

Shanghai pudong airport is a much better place to stay for 8 hours by comparison. Much bigger and full of shops.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1169 posts
272 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great price none the less, my inlaws frequently fly every year same with my Oldman. Tbh that time frame Philippines gets too be super hot during that time and without stable AC the comfort could be a factor.
Also If I did have to choose I'd take the last option which gives you a 4 week stay period this giving you a great time to enjoy and relax, 2 weeks wont cut it trust me lol...
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1000 posts
1991 upvotes
I flew China Eastern to South Korea and honestly was surprised by how good the service was. I went in expecting it to be horrible, but it was actually good.

Service was good, cabin crew were helpful, the flight was punctual, seats were reasonably comfy (for a 10 abreast economy anyways lol) and IFE was pretty good. No complaints from me.

In the middle of the flight I distinctly remember smelling cigarette smoke for like an hour in the middle of the flight (14 hours). People were actually smoking in the lavatories, first time I ever had that happen to me on an airplane.

One of the things I think that I think some people (mostly non asians) would have problems with is the food. They really feed you well on these flights, almost too well actually, however the food options on the flight are basically geared to the Asian palette, it was good for us, but I see how some people would have issues.

When we came back to Pearson, there were some issues with the luggage and it was delayed by about 30 minutes. There was a woman standing next to us that was actually getting hysterical (swearing and crying) because her luggage was taking long and she must have thought the airline had lost it or something.

Overall l I would happily fly with them again.

Something to note is that Chinese airlines do not allow mobile phones (regardless of being in airplane mode) or external batteries could be used while on the plane.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1156 posts
149 upvotes
Stouffville
asifnana wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 6:22 pm
I've said this before and I'll say it again, do not fly with Chinese Eastern. It's all good IF everything is on time and there are no issues, but as soon as you need help or late flights or refunds or rescheduling , they are the worst ! I would personally never fly with them again even if they offered me a free flight. Had a terrible experience last year with them.

Google Chinese Eastern Airline reviews and you will see what I mean.
Google any airline and see what reviews we get...

Air Canada is by far the worse, but guess what...as a Canadian we don't get any competition and we are stuck with them...finally more airline are coming into YYZ and we can start getting some sort of deal...

I flew with China Eastern last February YYZ- PVG - BKK, everything was great compared to AC. I flew 1 time business with AC coming back from HKG and the seat was disgusting, nasty and dirty (I found finger nail trimming on my seat and dead skin on the remotes). Wrote an email to AC, got a thank you email in return