• Sep 26th, 2018 11:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2008
36 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto: Cheap good beer thread

Hey All,

Thought with all the recent buck a beer talk, people could list GOOD beers that can be found cheeply around the city. Maybe local or craft beers that can be found at a good price.

My go to beer is Amsterdam Blonde, it retails for $47.xx at the beer store for 24 bottles. If you go to the Amsterdam brewery store at 45 Esandar Dr.
Toronto you get 25 bottles for $35.xx (tax in). So like $1.30 a bottle after deposit.

They have a few locations around the city and these are the prices i saw today.

25 bottles of Amsterdam Blonde, Big Wheel $35.xx
25 bottles of Amsterdam Cruiser, Bone Crusher $39.××
25 tall cans for either $53 or $59 depending on the beer.

Their prices for individual, 6 pack and 12 packs were pretty much the same. The real savings seem to be on the 24/25 packs.

The price on the Blonde seems pretty steady as i have been buying it there for some time. With all honesty I'm starting this thread in the hopes other people have some good beers that can be found cheaply around the city. I ask that the buck a beers found at the beer store/lcbo be left to another thread, and that people don't poo poo others for there choice of brew.

Thanks,
Kelly
Last edited by kor9000 on Sep 21st, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jan 23, 2017
914 posts
734 upvotes
Calgary
kor9000 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:36 pm
Hey All,

Thought with all the recent buck a beer talk, people could list GOOD beers that can be found cheeply around the city. Maybe local or craft beers that can be found at a good price.

My go to beer is Amsterdam Blonde, it retails for $47.xx at the beer store for 24 bottles. If you go to the Amsterdam brewery store at 45 Esandar Dr.
Toronto you get 25 bottles for $35.xx (tax in). So like $1.30 a bottle after deposit.

They have a few locations around the city and these are the prices i saw today.

25 bottles of Amsterdam Blonde, Big Wheel $35.xx
25 bottles of Amsterdam Cruiser, Bone Crusher $39.××
25 tall cans for either $53 or $59 depending on the beer.

There prices for individual, 6 pack and 12 packs were pretty much the same. The real savings seem to be on the 24/25 packs.

The price on the Blonde seems pretty steady as i have been buying it there sore some time. With all honesty I'm starting this thread in the hopes other people have some good beers that can be found cheaply around the city. I ask that the buck a beers found at the beer store/lcbo be left to another thread, and that people don't poo poo others for there choice of brew.

Thanks,
Kelly
I like the idea of the thread, and like you seem to disagree with the premise of buck a beer ...

But your last sentence to intentionally preclude dollar beers from discussion is contradictory to not shitting on other beers, as you mentioned.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2008
36 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Yes I suppose to some degree it might be. I think a beer sold for a buck everywhere is also not much of a deal and may not need to be posted in the hot deal thread. My intention is to try to list premium beers or craft beers found around the city at good prices. Hey if it's a buck a beer at the brewery and $1.50 each at the beer store, that to me is a deal and please post it.
Oct 27, 2012
266 posts
169 upvotes
Shwa
I like Tuborg Gold or Tatra. If I just wanted something cheap on a summer day, boxer ice $2.80 for 710ml or Cool lager buck a beer
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4022 posts
1339 upvotes
Might wanna post this in food and drink forum
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Dec 28, 2004
987 posts
257 upvotes
does this hot? only when free open bars at corporate events :) otherwise very cold and hoppy but crafty :)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39407 posts
3597 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
jookid wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 9:26 pm
I like Tuborg Gold or Tatra. If I just wanted something cheap on a summer day, boxer ice $2.80 for 710ml or Cool lager buck a beer
I’ve had cool beer @ a chinese restaurant. Its reallt watery. Kinda meh taste. But their spicy salty bbq lamb made it amazing... especially @ such a cheap price for a large pitcher.