Automotive

Toronto - Cheapest company for Auto Insurance?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 1:19 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 2, 2009
54 posts

Toronto - Cheapest company for Auto Insurance?

What's the cheapest auto insurance for a 1994 Honda Civic 4DR LX vehicle, in the Toronto area. I got my renewal papers today and it came to about $2000. I tried getting some quotes from some websites and it either said they couldn't give me a quote, or the quote came to $3000. :(

If anyone could give me some information that'd be super great!
14 replies
Sep 12, 2012
15 posts
Car insurance: it may seem overwhelming and sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start. The basics of auto insurance are outlined on our Web site and the best way to make sure you have all your questions answered is to speak with a car insurance broker. A broker will look at your situation and find the best solution for you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6615 posts
223 upvotes
there is no secret to legit lower auto rates. Call around some of the major chains, then call a few brokers. Don't be surprised if everyone throws you similar quotes.

$166 a month isn't that bad.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
^ wtf to the second post?

Anyway you just got to do a lot of foot work, aka calling around to get quotes. I go with a broker but I still called around to a few people before settling. I use a company based in Markham, they have given me the best price for the past several years. PM me if you want their contact information.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2318 posts
229 upvotes
Ajax
There's a website called insurance hotline. I used it to get great quotes for my area.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4200 upvotes
age/sex/location in toronto?

license and experience level?

single or married?

Those factors will explain a lot.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6899 posts
387 upvotes
Burlington
too many factors to say which one is the "cheapest"....where one has a low premium for one person does not necessarily mean it will be for another.... call a Broker and have them search their markets ...each Broker has different ones

:)
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER(ontario) -OVER 30 YRS OF EXPERIENCE
YOUR BEST INSURANCE IS AN INSURANCE BROKER
All the information provided is for reference purposes only. The actual wordings, conditions and exclusions of your policy will apply.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5197 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
GangStarr wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:38 am
there is no secret to legit lower auto rates. Call around some of the major chains, then call a few brokers. Don't be surprised if everyone throws you similar quotes.

Actually, OP shouldn't be surprised if quote range differences are massive.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2009
54 posts
GangStarr wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:38 am

Last year's rate was $1407, the previous year was about $900; so it has gone up quite a bit.
240silvia wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:41 am
^ wtf to the second post?

Anyway you just got to do a lot of foot work, aka calling around to get quotes. I go with a broker but I still called around to a few people before settling. I use a company based in Markham, they have given me the best price for the past several years. PM me if you want their contact information.
PM'd. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1053 posts
136 upvotes
Brampton
Call around and get quotes, I'm with RBC and I've called around a lot and they are the cheapest that I found.
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
kcmc68 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 1:02 pm
Last year's rate was $1407, the previous year was about $900; so it has gone up quite a bit.

PM'd. Thanks!
Sent! I hope he can help you out.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10206 posts
1059 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Desjardin is the best for me. Or alumni rates if there is one.
May 29, 2007
450 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Posts 2 and 13 are clearly ads written by people who are really bad are writing ads.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1098 posts
162 upvotes
Whitby
kanetix.ca will give you an idea of what you should be paying. From there, call local brokerages and get quotes until you find one similar to the first or second result in the Kanetix quote list.

Generally speaking you can only get a good price on insurance with one of the broker-only companies that do not speak to the public. I am with Wawanesa through a broker and they are so much cheaper than say TD Bank or State Farm etc. that it isn't even funny.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6899 posts
387 upvotes
Burlington
Wawanesa is a good company but did you know they do not offer accident waiver protection coverage ...
pessimism wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 10:09 am
kanetix.ca will give you an idea of what you should be paying. From there, call local brokerages and get quotes until you find one similar to the first or second result in the Kanetix quote list.

Generally speaking you can only get a good price on insurance with one of the broker-only companies that do not speak to the public. I am with Wawanesa through a broker and they are so much cheaper than say TD Bank or State Farm etc. that it isn't even funny.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER(ontario) -OVER 30 YRS OF EXPERIENCE
YOUR BEST INSURANCE IS AN INSURANCE BROKER
All the information provided is for reference purposes only. The actual wordings, conditions and exclusions of your policy will apply.
× < >