Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: Toronto direct flight roundtrip Las Vegas $335

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2017 11:10 am
Jan 6, 2005
294 posts
254 upvotes

Toronto direct flight roundtrip Las Vegas $335

Come across this deal on another site and surprisingly no one posted it yet, round trip from Toronto to Las Vegas, availability April to June, direct flight with tax only $335 ish

One stop in May/June only $339
Direct flight: June 5 to June 13 now show $417
Last edited by thebat88 on Mar 18th, 2017 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Mar 27, 2006
373 posts
444 upvotes
Now this kind of fares become hot deal? I remember 10 years ago, when the cruel oil price was above USD$80 per barrel, I could easily find CAD$300 RT tickets in Christmas/New Year seasons. Buffalo to Orlando on United cost only USD$120 RT.

Airline industry is in a greedy mode today, with those ridiculous surcharges.
Jan 8, 2009
895 posts
1301 upvotes
youbet wrote: Now this kind of fares become hot deal? I remember 10 years ago, when the cruel oil price was above USD$80 per barrel, I could easily find CAD$300 RT tickets in Christmas/New Year seasons. Buffalo to Orlando on United cost only USD$120 RT.

"Cruel" oil is not the only costs that are incurred by airlines. They have to pay salaries, airport fees, and capital costs for aircraft. Airlines are not really in "greedy mode today" as you indicated.
Banned
Feb 27, 2012
269 posts
89 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
PTMBAA wrote: "Cruel" oil is not the only costs that are incurred by airlines. They have to pay salaries, airport fees, and capital costs for aircraft. Airlines are not really in "greedy mode today" as you indicated.
Really, tell me when the baggage surcharge from the big airlines that was put in place after 911 to recoup money lost is going to be flushed ?
Mar 27, 2006
373 posts
444 upvotes
Any industries Warren Buffett invests/has invested in are/were in a greedy mode. That's a CRUEL fact which nobody can deny.
Nov 8, 2007
667 posts
388 upvotes
Airlines also purchase fuel contracts way ahead so you will not see adjustments for a long time when prices go down.
However, the opposite is not necessarily true. Still a great deal!
Mar 27, 2007
474 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
youbet wrote: Now this kind of fares become hot deal? I remember 10 years ago, when the cruel oil price was above USD$80 per barrel, I could easily find CAD$300 RT tickets in Christmas/New Year seasons. Buffalo to Orlando on United cost only USD$120 RT.

Not sure how relevant it is to compare prices to 10 years ago. Many things have gone up in prices in 10 years. Just look at housing as an example. It's normal.

That being said, $355 is pretty cheap. I'm head to Vegas next week and spent $1000 per ticket round trip direct from Montreal.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
I just bought 2 tickets to Vegas round trip for $350 direct from Winnipeg, normally flights are never that cheap from here.
Jan 6, 2005
294 posts
254 upvotes
The prices are around $450~ for May and June departures now
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill

10yrs ago, a 42" panel TV cost $1800.....Now $300
Jan 6, 2005
294 posts
254 upvotes
One stop now show $339 and some direct flight shows $417
Dec 6, 2008
285 posts
161 upvotes
Ontario
So why can you fly all over europe for next to nothing? Poster is correct greedy....
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
26 posts
4 upvotes
It's not about how much it costs to get there. It's how much you spend when you're there that's the real problem haha
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
tastlikchikn wrote: Many things have gone up in prices in 10 years. Just look at housing as an example. It's normal.

As the abandoned house at the end of my street can attest to, houses depreciates rather quickly when not maintained. Land is what sometimes increases in value.

Watch the Queen of Versailles if you haven't already.

The Bank of Canada has a nifty inflation calculator:

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/relate ... alculator/
Toronto is a very small part of Canada

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)