• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2016 8:42 am
Tags:
Jul 6, 2016
2 posts
2 upvotes

Toronto Discount Food Deals

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a thread for popular discount deals that are available, trying to target places that have a lot of either surplus food
or offer discounts to items at certain times (ex. sushi 30% off each box from 8 to 9 pm).

If anyone has any suggestions within Toronto (dowtown core or anywhere), that would be great!

Hopefully this would help some students like myself & others.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
Almost perfect always has lots of amazing deals on groceries, but be alert when you shop there. Careful of expiry or best before dates.
Almost perfect: http://www.almostperfect.ca/toronto/

Another word of caution: Some deals may be better at Dollarama:
One example?
Bread is over priced. 454g is $1.39 when you can get 454g @ Dollarama for only $1.25.
Jul 6, 2016
2 posts
2 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Almost perfect always has lots of amazing deals on groceries, but be alert when you shop there. Careful of expiry or best before dates.

One example?
Bread is over priced. 454g is $1.39 when you can get 454g @ Dollarama for only $1.25.
Hey man thanks I'll add it to thread
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
The Toronto Almost perfect store is now closed, temporarily for renovations.
I hope they keep their low prices and don't pass renovation costs onto the customer.
Almost perfect is an amazing store!

Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Almost perfect always has lots of amazing deals on groceries, but be alert when you shop there. Careful of expiry or best before dates.

One example?
Lol who the ***** buys bread at dollarama?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: DO you even know the brand?
Doesn't matter. I know it won't be quality vs. buying a freshly baked loaf at a bakery.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Doesn't matter. I know it won't be quality vs. buying a freshly baked loaf at a bakery.
See now, that's the problem. You clearly trashed Dollarama, and the only defense is a bakery?
Why even bother mentioning Dollarama? Why not mention all bread sold at grocery stores in the first place?
You make absolutely no sense at all.
You are a troll.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: See now, that's the problem. You clearly trashed Dollarama, and the only defense is a bakery?
Why even bother mentioning Dollarama? Why not mention all bread sold at grocery stores in the first place?
You make absolutely no sense at all.
You are a troll.
Some grocery stores have decent bread as well (i.e. Stonemill, ACE, etc.). Dollarama sure doesn't though.

I've been here way longer than you...definitely not a troll.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Some grocery stores have decent bread as well (i.e. Stonemill, ACE, etc.). Dollarama sure doesn't though.

I've been here way longer than you...definitely not a troll.
You're here in this thread to troll.
I guess you are bored.
Don't dictate your over priced bread on everyone.
There is nothing wrong with the bread sold at Dollarama.
Just because YOU like to eat expensive over priced bread doesn't mean we all do.

For the rest of us, Dollarama bread is not dollar store bread. It's actually being made by a very good well known company.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: You're here in this thread to troll.
I guess you are bored.
Don't dictate your over priced bread on everyone.
There is nothing wrong with the bread sold at Dollarama.
Just because YOU like to eat expensive over priced bread doesn't mean we all do.

For the rest of us, Dollarama bread is not dollar store bread. It's actually being made by a very good well known company.
I like to eat quality bread.

I didn't dictate my bread on anyone LOL. You're free to buy whatever bread you want, and I'm free to say it's gross. You're the one not making sense here.

I know Dollarama bread is made by Weston, but it's a different (inferior) product line than what is sold at grocery stores.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: I like to eat quality bread.

I didn't dictate my bread on anyone LOL. You're free to buy whatever bread you want, and I'm free to say it's gross. You're the one not making sense here.

I know Dollarama bread is made by Weston, but it's a different (inferior) product line than what is sold at grocery stores.
Ah, you finally googled that eh?
You should have said that in the first place.
I'd encourage that you try the $2 loaf that is very similar to the Counrry Harvest loaf, but you won't because you already have your mind made up
that Ace is the only choice for you no matter what.
I believe the $1.25 loaves make great grilled cheese.
...and yes, you did dictate here:
LNahid2000 wrote: Lol who the ***** buys bread at dollarama?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Ah, you finally googled that eh?
You should have said that in the first place.
I'd encourage that you try the $2 loaf that is very similar to the Counrry Harvest loaf, but you won't because you already have your mind made up
that Ace is the only choice for you no matter what.
As usual, not going to take your food recommendations seriously based on past recommendations. I'm not the type of person who looks at price alone.

I usually buy Stonemill bread from Costco for $3 for a 700g loaf.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: I usually buy Stonemill bread from Costco for $3 for a 700g loaf.
Actually, that is a good price. Too bad you couldn't say that in the first place.
I was not looking at price alone when recommending the $2 loaf that is very similar to the Country harvest loaf.
I had my doubts too.
I wouldn't try making grilled cheese with it, but it makes good sandwiches...not all the time though.
The true Country harvest fan will be back to Country harvest for their variety, and because the bread might seem softer.
(I said might)
It's too bad Dollarama can't offer variety for that type of loaf. I guess bulk mass amounts of one style of loaf is how the price is kept so low.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Actually, that is a good price. Too bad you couldn't say that in the first place.
I was not looking at price alone when recommending the $2 loaf that is very similar to the Country harvest loaf.
I had my doubts too.
I wouldn't try making grilled cheese with it, but it makes good sandwiches...not all the time though.
The true Country harvest fan will be back to Country harvest for their variety, and because the bread might seem softer.
(I said might)
It's too bad Dollarama can't offer variety for that type of loaf. I guess bulk mass amounts of one style of loaf is how the price is kept so low.
And you've successfully derailed another thread...congrats!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: And you've successfully derailed another thread...congrats!
No, actually, you did when you asked who goes to Dollarama for bread, foul language and all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)