• Jun 25th, 2017 4:07 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1941 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
bobbings wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 2:52 pm
I agree about the breaks. It's completely unnecessary to have a 10 day break from the last game the TFC played against Mtl.

Is it allowed for the players to come out wearing some Canada Goose Parkas? Lol
The players will be fine. Soccer is constant running/jogging so they won't be affected much. It's the fans who have to sit still that will be more affected, so there will be many parkas, except for some of the inebriati sitting in the south end, some of who will be there with their shirts off :)
But hey this is a championship game. If TFC wins, we probably won't hear too many complaints about the weather!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4840 posts
959 upvotes
GTA
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 2:31 pm
They've done a great job with the stadium renovations in the last few years. I agree the seating itself can be improved with fold down seats with tall seatbacks and maybe a padded bottom too.

I think that you should sell me your seats for the game afterall you feel that soccer hasn't arrived yet... you could put that money towards Raptor or Leaf playoff tickets :) just kidding..it's going to be an awesome game and an awesome event...Enjoy the game, it will be a night to remember!!
Thanks... Haha... If everyone in Toronto felt the same way I feel about the game, we would not be having this conversation. Enjoy the game!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4840 posts
959 upvotes
GTA
Just had a genius idea... They should have asked all fans to wear Santa costumes. It's warm, red and we could all use a present tonight!..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5698 posts
1196 upvotes
If Toronto FC wins, would this count as a major sports championship for Toronto?

Major League Soccer technically is the minor leagues in talent compared to the Premier League of Europe.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6686 posts
892 upvotes
Ajax
Just curious, why did they take so long that the playoffs ran into this type of weather. There were some really long breaks in there. Bad planning?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1830 posts
461 upvotes
Global Village
3 hours of scoreless soccer isn't what I want to be watching.. Hope we win in the penalties.

They should have the MLS finals game in September, otherwise they should pick a finals game location with decent weather so we can see a higher quality game.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3652 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn losing in penalties really sucks especially when Toronto dominated Seattle for almost the complete game. That one save by the Seattle goalie in overtime was the difference between winning the Championship and losing it. Crying Face

And also much like the Leafs a Toronto team can never seem to win a penalty shooting. Damn what a way to lose. :(
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2252 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Big save from Frie! Hate that it went down to pk kicks to determine game winner.
Weak kick from Bradley..
Lost to the spanish Weeeknd.
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16197 posts
847 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Boooo urns. Was really hoping for a T.O. win. It does suck that it was so cold out for the players though. The obviously were not in peak performance.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13713 posts
3057 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Random Seattle fan = drew Carey
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6686 posts
892 upvotes
Ajax
PSiBeR wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 11:10 pm
Big save from Frie! Hate that it went down to pk kicks to determine game winner.
Weak kick from Bradley..
Lost to the spanish Weeeknd.
Wow. Worse than the skills competition in hockey and especially for a big game. At least in that, the goalie has a chance.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6771 posts
1355 upvotes
deciding a championship on penalties sucks. giovinco had a really off game
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3652 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn they say Seattle had THREE SHOT ATTEMPTS the entire game including overtime and NONE OF THEM were on goal and yet they STILL win the Championship!??!?!??! Angry Face Angry Face

This is why soccer is a crappy sport that won't grow here. I watched because its TFC but no way I'd watch a whole season of this crap.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(