• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2018 8:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5073 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
So far, it's showing 0 degrees for Saturday. Definitely not as cold as last year, but still quite chilly for a soccer game. I will be there, just like last year.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2035 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
izzyzz wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:53 pm
So far, it's showing 0 degrees for Saturday. Definitely not as cold as last year, but still quite chilly for a soccer game. I will be there, just like last year.
Lucky you Grinning FaceDemand for tickets was so high that there was no public sale at all and a subscriber friend of mine was not successful in snagging an extra seat for me. The resale market prices are quite high, so I will be watching at home on my big screen, but that’s ok. I hope the weather is not too cold, as i think it really affected TFC in last years final.
Hoping that TFC can follow suit with BMO field’s other tenant and provide Toronto’s second championship in the last two weeks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5073 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:11 pm
Lucky you Grinning FaceDemand for tickets was so high that there was no public sale at all and a subscriber friend of mine was not successful in snagging an extra seat for me. The resale market prices are quite high, so I will be watching at home on my big screen, but that’s ok. I hope the weather is not too cold, as i think it really affected TFC in last years final.
Hoping that TFC can follow suit with BMO field’s other tenant and provide Toronto’s second championship in the last two weeks!
I got my guaranteed 2 season seats but no luck getting any extras for my friends either. If last year is any indicator, the resale prices should drop close to game day. I suggest trying your luck then.
Oct 24, 2004
551 posts
75 upvotes
izzyzz wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:53 pm
I just don’t get why they don’t play at the Rogers centre. I was a last years finals and it was freezing you can see it was effecting the players.

You can easily fill up the Rogers centre and have an amazing atmosphere.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2035 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:10 am
I just don’t get why they don’t play at the Rogers centre. I was a last years finals and it was freezing you can see it was effecting the players.

You can easily fill up the Rogers centre and have an amazing atmosphere.
They wouldnt want to move this championship game to the carpet of the Rogers Centre. It should be played on real grass. But the season is stretched out too long with all the breaks for tournaments etc and runs even later than the CFL season which finished 2 weks ago!
A mid November season finish would be much better.
Oct 24, 2004
551 posts
75 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:34 pm
They wouldnt want to move this championship game to the carpet of the Rogers Centre. It should be played on real grass. But the season is stretched out too long with all the breaks for tournaments etc and runs even later than the CFL season which finished 2 weks ago!
A mid November season finish would be much better.
You can put real grass in there, Ive been there watching euro games with green grass.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5073 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
What a season! What a team! It was totally worth it freezing my @ss off at BMO Field for 2 hrs today. :)

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2035 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome win by the Reds! They thoroughly dominated right from the beginning of the match. Jozy comes through with the winning goal that looked similar to the winner he scored in the conference final. Great record setting season for the club that was capped off the right way this time!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2035 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
izzyzz wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:45 pm
I got my guaranteed 2 season seats but no luck getting any extras for my friends either. If last year is any indicator, the resale prices should drop close to game day. I suggest trying your luck then.
The prices never dropped, even up to close to game time so i didnt go to the game. In fact they were even going up in the last few days. Shows how large the team’s fanbase has grown. Anyway, I will be downtown to celebrate at the championship parade tomorrow Grinning Face
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5073 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 10:09 am
The prices never dropped, even up to close to game time so i didnt go to the game. In fact they were even going up in the last few days. Shows how large the team’s fanbase has grown. Anyway, I will be downtown to celebrate at the championship parade tomorrow Grinning Face
Yea I noticed that too. They had extra temporary stands erected last year so there were more tickets available but I would also like to think that the fan base has grown since then. Have fun tomorrow! I can't make it unfortunately due to work.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5073 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
Toronto FC to play CONCACAF Champions League home games at BMO Field
Toronto FC will play their CONCACAF Champions League home games at BMO Field despite the potentially challenging winter weather, club president Bill Manning has confirmed.

Ties in the competition’s first round - the draw for which will be made next week - are scheduled to take place between February 20 and March 1.

Toronto are a seeded team, which means they will play the second leg of their round-of-16 tie at home on February 27, 28 or March 1. The average low in February in Toronto is -5.6 °C, while in March that figure goes up to -1.9 °C.
https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto-fc ... -bmo-field
Jan 30, 2017
88 posts
5 upvotes
Out if curiosity anyone on the forum part of any supporters group?