Apr 16, 2002
16101 posts
12794 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - free Thursday night films at Alliance Francaise

Deal Link:
https://www.alliance-francaise.ca/en/culture/movies

Nov 22 - School of Babel

Thank you for your interest in our Movies Thursday. All of the screenings are in original version with English subtitles.

I am available for any information you may need.

Best,

Mathilde Curtet
Communication assistant / Assistante de communication
(416) 922 2014 x 37
mathilde.curtet@alliance-francaise.ca
24 Spadina Road Toronto,
TORONTO, ON M5R2S7
www.alliance-francaise.ca
Last edited by sprung on Nov 15th, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
9 replies
Dec 14, 2016
281 posts
50 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
My to-watch list is just crazy long, but The Wages of Fear has always stayed very high on it. If I didn't have prior commitments tonight, I would definitely go to this screening.
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5318 upvotes
Ontario
Definitely want to see French films!
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9176 posts
842 upvotes
GTA
PlainDealer wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 11:26 am
My to-watch list is just crazy long, but The Wages of Fear has always stayed very high on it.
I saw this a year or more ago at TIFF Bell Lightbox and it is a great film. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen if you can!
Dec 14, 2016
281 posts
50 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
YLSF wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 11:29 pm
I saw this a year or more ago at TIFF Bell Lightbox and it is a great film. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen if you can!
Thanks for the recommendation! I really wish I could've gone to last week's screening. Fingers crossed it comes back to the Lightbox or another venue.
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1578 posts
407 upvotes
Are all of these French movies shown with English subtitles?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9176 posts
842 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone seen a film there yet? What is the screen/sound, etc like?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16101 posts
12794 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 9:12 am
Has anyone seen a film there yet? What is the screen/sound, etc like?
not yet but it looks nice

tonight's movie has fantastic reviews

Spadina Theatre

Created by Hariri Pontarini Architects, the theatre of Alliance française de Toronto is a 147-seat auditorium with a stage dimension of 9m x 5.4m and professionally equipped with a complete sound, lighting and cinema system. The Theatre is suitable for live performances, plays, concerts, operas, seminars and screening. Other facilities include a projection screen (16’x 9’), two changing rooms and an intercommunication system. The theatre is an excellent space for organizations to rent either for rehearsals or performances.

Video Projector Christie 10k, Sound System D&B, Dimmer rack, Front Motorized Curtains. Seating capacity 147.

The lobby can be used for cash-bar or merchandising and box-office.

An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9176 posts
842 upvotes
GTA
sprung wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 9:20 am

Spadina Theatre

The movie is excellent, saw it when it came out.

I recall going to a film at Alliance Francaise and it not being in this theatre but in a room with a projector and portable chairs. I have been in this theatre since for an event and was wondering why they didn't use it that night. The film was probably over 5 years ago though so hopefully the films are shown in this theatre!
Jul 16, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 9:20 am
not yet but it looks nice

Spadina Theatre

Created by Hariri Pontarini Architects, the theatre of Alliance française de Toronto is a 147-seat auditorium with a stage dimension of 9m x 5.4m and professionally equipped with a complete sound, lighting and cinema system. The Theatre is suitable for live performances, plays, concerts, operas, seminars and screening. Other facilities include a projection screen (16’x 9’), two changing rooms and an intercommunication system. The theatre is an excellent space for organizations to rent either for rehearsals or performances.

Video Projector Christie 10k, Sound System D&B, Dimmer rack, Front Motorized Curtains. Seating capacity 147.

The lobby can be used for cash-bar or merchandising and box-office.

It really does look fantastic. Oh yes, and I watched it when it came out so at least not all movies on the menu are going to be a pass.