Expired Hot Deals

Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal to Taipei, Taiwan – $595 CAD roundtrip including taxes

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2017 12:34 am
[OP]
Aug 3, 2007
56 posts
22 upvotes

Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal to Taipei, Taiwan – $595 CAD roundtrip including taxes

Deal Link:
Just came across this deal alert, unfortunately it's with UA, but it's a great price to fly to Taipei with lots of dates:

AVAILABILITY:

Select departing dates available from August to November

Example dates:
Aug 9 to 23
Aug 30 to Sept 11
Sept 14 to 25
Oct 22 to Nov 8
Nov 8 to 23
…more dates available

NOTE: Fares and Availability are subject to change.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR DATES AND BOOK:

1. Go to Momondo or Skyscanner
2. Search for (your departure) to Taipei (TPE)
3. Select flights with United
13 replies
Aug 8, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
Regina
Air China is offering 499 to taipei, shanghai beijing and a bunch of others, air china is a bit rough to travel on but is star alliance like united. From montreal, TO, Van.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40160 posts
9431 upvotes
I noticed skyscanner is spot on with eva air pricing.

Just saw Momondo and will try it out.

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6279 posts
2064 upvotes
SirDaav wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 8:28 am
Air China is offering 499 to taipei, shanghai beijing and a bunch of others, air china is a bit rough to travel on but is star alliance like united. From montreal, TO, Van.
FYI United, like Air Canada, also runs the 3-4-3 seating on their Boeing 777... meaning you're an inch closer to the person on your left and right in cattle class. ;) Compared to Air China and their preferable 3-3-3 seating (both use Boeing 777's - United will start using a 777 during the time of the deal).

i wonder if filling seats at these prices helps the bottom line at all.
Internet Movie Car Database (Contributions) - http://imcdb.org/movies.php?contrib=Soro
Apr 5, 2009
792 posts
57 upvotes
Saw this deal yesterday, I didn't really want to book through a 3rd party (such as budgetair or clickmytrip), if you go directly to United's webpage for the same dates, the flight was only $10 more. Not sure if its worth going through a 3rd party for a $10 savings.
Jun 26, 2010
404 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
SirDaav wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 8:28 am
Can you please elaborate on "a bit rough"? I just flew China Southern and they weren't bad even reading some bad reviews.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1923 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Steven91 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 10:16 am
Saw this deal yesterday, I didn't really want to book through a 3rd party (such as budgetair or clickmytrip), if you go directly to United's webpage for the same dates, the flight was only $10 more. Not sure if its worth going through a 3rd party for a $10 savings.
I've only ever booked through 3rd parties and never had a problem, you?
Dec 9, 2007
881 posts
337 upvotes
I honestly don't know why this wasn't more popular deal, but it's gone now.

If you book directly with United you can get a 72 Hour Hold by choosing the the option "Pay at airport ticket office". I completed my purchase today, and still get 24 hour cancellation!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1923 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
eugeneo wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 11:20 pm
I honestly don't know why this wasn't more popular deal, but it's gone now.

If you book directly with United you can get a 72 Hour Hold by choosing the the option "Pay at airport ticket office". I completed my purchase today, and still get 24 hour cancellation!!!!!!!
So 96h cancellation? Really good to know!

And you're right about this deal being slept on -- I find RFD sucks like that sometimes. Deals get lost easily. It should be like reddit where top voted threads stay near the top while they're good and then fall off quickly.
Dec 31, 2013
628 posts
283 upvotes
condo
Might want to be careful! Lest we forget: United we beat our customers up, when we can't beat our competitors' prices... Lol, flights might be overbooked ;)

Ib4tl
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6750 posts
1382 upvotes
Toronto
AC is beginning to fly YYZ to TPE. That's why the competition and promotions.
Dec 9, 2007
881 posts
337 upvotes
tmonies wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 11:49 pm
Might want to be careful! Lest we forget: United we beat our customers up, when we can't beat our competitors' prices... Lol, flights might be overbooked ;)

Ib4tl
Except you get a big pay out at the end of the day... In retrospect I'm okay with that
Jul 21, 2006
475 posts
17 upvotes
shabbydog wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 11:33 am
Can you please elaborate on "a bit rough"? I just flew China Southern and they weren't bad even reading some bad reviews.
Pretty much all reviews of Air China are crap. I don't personally know anyone who has taken them who had a good experience. Horrible service, long delays in Beijing (all flights on Air China go through Beijing), poor In flight entertainment and little english.

I guess if your only need is to get from A to B cheaply, then Air China may be your way to go. If you want an enjoyable flight experience then avoid them.

Out of Vancouver, the Chinese airlines are flooding the low end of the searches. It is pretty hard to find a flight to Asia without going through pages of Air China, China Southern, China Eastern and Xiamen Airlines before reaching non-Chinese carriers. As they are likely all government owned, I guess they can move people at a loss.