Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Toronto - Pearson Airport Tours

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2019 1:14 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2866 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - Pearson Airport Tours

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 24, 2019
Looks pretty cool. Was posted in prior years but I didn't find any from someone who'd been on it. 2019 signups started this morning so all dates are available but they DO go fast (esp weekend tours). Signup is on eventbrite and they only allow you to select one ticket at a time so if you want multiples you'll have to register separately for each person. I have two accounts so I just got one ticket in each account (the second under my SO's name) - you might be able to register for the tour multiple times with one account?

Toronto Pearson's tours let you see how the airport operates behind-the-scenes! Experience the spirit of the airport first-hand by watching the live action on the apron and airfield.

Details here: https://www.torontopearson.com/PearsonC ... 4294985606#
Use this link (thanks, Sprung) to register - first for waitlist then to claim tickets. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/toronto-pea ... destsearch

Do you ever wonder about what goes on at Canada’s largest airport? Where does your baggage go after check in? What is the difference between a Boeing 767 and an Airbus A380? How many different kinds of machines are used to clear snow from the runway during a winter storm?

Toronto Pearson’s Airside Tours provide community members a unique look at what it takes to keep our airport running every day. Learn about the history of the airport, the economic impact, and how we are giving back to local communities through our investment program, the Propeller Project.

What to Expect on an Airside Tour
Each tour is unique and can vary in route and highlights. Depending on the day, you could catch a glimpse of Terminal 1, Terminal 3, the Firehalls, the Infield, the Central Deicing Facility, Airfield Maintenance or the two control towers. Every day there are different planes on our airfield so you never know which ones you’ll get to see during your tour.

Security Information
As you are going behind the security lines, ALL participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID. A passport, Driver’s Licence, Nexus Card, Permanent Resident Card, or Ontario Photo Health Card are the only pieces of identification that will be accepted. All participants must be 10 years of age or older. Those under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, but still must have photo identification. In addition, be prepared to be security-screened as if you were going through standard airport security. Participants may bring cameras on the tour.
Last edited by toronto_slim on Apr 9th, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
weird, link not working for me. tried different browsers and phone. Also search on Eventbrite but only found the Pearson Airside tours

here is Eventbrite link

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/toronto-pea ... destsearch
Last edited by sprung on Apr 9th, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1204 posts
141 upvotes
Markham
Same the online booking link isn’t working.
Dec 20, 2005
330 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
Weird - when i click on "online booking", it doesn't do anything. Anyone else able to book? *EDIT* - Haha, got distracted and didn't click post till after sprungy's and rapsrealm posted.

I have done this a couple of years ago and it's really interesting. What's great is that every tour will be different depending on what's going on at the moment :)
Dec 20, 2005
330 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: weird, link not working for me. tried different browsers and phone. Also search on Eventbrite but only found the Pearson Airside tours
I wonder if what Op posted is the same as the Airside tour? They seem similar from the descriptions. Looks like the Airside tours are all sold out on eventbrite - I seem to recall the airside tours were posted a while ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2866 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: weird, link not working for me. tried different browsers and phone. Also search on Eventbrite but only found the Pearson Airside tours
Wouldn't work for me on desktop chrome. I thought it was our work firewall. So I used IE and it worked fine. I saw your post and just tried again and now the link isn't working. When I first tried this morning all I could do was join waitlists - didn't matter which day I picked. Then 5 minutes later I got 'you're off the waitlist' emails and could claim my tickets. TLDR: sounds like they're having website signup issues. Give it a bit of time?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2866 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
cauliflower18 wrote: I wonder if what Op posted is the same as the Airside tour? They seem similar from the descriptions. Looks like the Airside tours are all sold out on eventbrite - I seem to recall the airside tours were posted a while ago.
Yes, I think they're the same - the title on their home page is Toronto Pearson Airside Tour Program. And see my post above - sign up for the waitlist and wait a few minutes for the invite email.
Apr 8, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Sweet. Missed this a year or two ago. Glad this came back up on my radar and waitlist converted. Thanks OP
Btw we can bring camera gear. Anyone has any experience and has gone in the past? Is it better to not have a backpack? Monopod?
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
142 upvotes
I'm there everyday. All over the airport. Youre not missing much
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
ferkel wrote: all dates sold out
One ticket left on July 11 2019 and I got it .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
It does not make sense that the Health card is considered valid ID for security. Ontario Ministry of Health has been super strict about health cards being used only for health purposes.
Think it's time that the airport tour folks update their protocols and replace the health card with a photo ID card (for Ontarians 16+ who don't have a driver's licence). Ditto the elections committees-I've seen the health card listed as valid ID on their lists.Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone has weekend ticket for spare ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Too bad no weekends available.
Nov 14, 2015
540 posts
412 upvotes
Unionville, ON
dealixious wrote: I see all sold out, which dates and link are you using?
Ahh they're all gone now. When i said there was several dates still in stock including June 11th and July 6th, I cant remember what other dates
Aug 10, 2005
331 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
ferkel wrote: all dates sold out
I just signed up for 3 in August
Maybe they added more dates
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just received an e-mail saying more dates opened up.

I signed up for May 30th, spots still available.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)