Off Topic

Toronto Police Officer Charged with Second Degree Murder of Sammy Yatim

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 9:18 am
Tags:
None
Member
May 13, 2014
397 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Piro21 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 2:51 pm
How long do murder cases normally take to go to trial in this country though? This one seemed to take an incredibly long time.
Well Justin Bourque has been in jail for a while now and that incident happened almost a year after this one, so...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2007
1905 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Raident wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 2:12 am
Well Justin Bourque has been in jail for a while now and that incident happened almost a year after this one, so...
didn't he plead guilty?
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
22206 posts
2099 upvotes
fido1984 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:37 pm
didn't he plead guilty?
Yes, but why let something as stupid as facts get in the way of a good old fashioned lynch mob?
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3534 posts
406 upvotes
Well the fact is there's one single kid, inside the bus, waving a knife (not gun). And there're a bunch of cops outside, already pointing guns at him. Does it even warrant a shooting in the first place? I can see the shooting if he had a gun in his hand. And he was inside the bus at the time. He had to literally run down the step to charge the cops. And how about shooting the leg?
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
5275 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
He'll get some more house arrest unfortunately. Cops get treated differently then the general population.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5245 posts
1445 upvotes
Kootenays
Shaner wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:50 pm
Yes, but why let something as stupid as facts get in the way of a good old fashioned lynch mob?
+1 :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2737 posts
297 upvotes
Ottawa
Why was timsdonut banned? I disagree with what he said (for the most part, I'm "pro-police") but this seems like another example of someone who has a low post count being banned because thwy are critical of the police. What is the minimum number of posts you have to have to be critical of them?
Banned
Sep 2, 2017
7 posts
Is the sentence for second degree murder fixed ? Like X amount of years , once convicted ? Or does it vary and the judge can reduce it, even if convicted for second degree murder ?
Banned
Sep 17, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:04 am
He'll get some more house arrest unfortunately. Cops get treated differently then the general population.
Says who ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
9555 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
I'm wondering if the general public is aware of Yatim's search history of "suicide by cop".
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1503 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
carolinesuen wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 8:20 am
http://globalnews.ca/news/2703088/toron ... -sentence/

Wife says he is not a killer.
As if wifie's letter has any value. People are not always jailed to protect society, but also as punishment for their actions. This cop deserves to do some good time, and the othe cops that stood around watching the whole thing unfold need to be addressed as well. Oh yea the tazer happy cop as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1503 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
at1212b wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 9:15 am
I'm wondering if the general public is aware of Yatim's search history of "suicide by cop".
Irrelevant even if it's true. It's the cops incompetent actions that was on trial, not the victims intent and final wishes

Top