• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 9:18 am
Tags:
None
Mar 24, 2015
576 posts
125 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
We don't know what happened before, but I would think the reason they are staying on the ground and listening is because they have a gun pointed at them? Besides is a public space. You don't know if they have a weapon or anything.
Last edited by ckay1980 on Oct 3rd, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1503 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
Look at the size of that cop. Time to lay off the beers after work.
Those guys could have bolted and he never would have caught up to them. Unless Forcillo would shoot them in the back
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:16 am
Yes, they were clearly listening to him, which is why he wasn't shooting them. That doesn't mean pointing a gun at them wasn't warranted. He pointed it until backup could arrive.

Remind me again what police college you went to?
THEY WERE ALREADY ON THE GROUND LISTENING TO HIM.

There is absolutely no reason for him to be pointing a gun on their head. You dont need police college to see that this is wrong.

Its kind of sad that your standard of what "wrong" is has to end up someone being shot.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Jul 25, 2015
369 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 2:49 pm
THEY WERE ALREADY ON THE GROUND LISTENING TO HIM.

There is absolutely no reason for him to be pointing a gun on their head. You dont need police college to see that this is wrong.

Its kind of sad that your standard of what "wrong" is has to end up someone being shot.
What would you suggest he should do? Give the guy a hug? I guarantee you I could get up from the ground and stab you before you would have the ability to unholster your pistol.

Not saying he didnt screw up with the street car shooting. But there was nothing wrong or out of the ordinary during this arrest. All police in Canada and the US would have done the exact same thing. If you have a problem with it, then you should contact your MP and write them a stern letter on police training.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26181 posts
6056 upvotes
GTHA
Forcillo 'exceeded bounds of self-defence': Crown
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/03/fo ... ence-crown
Crown lawyers argued Tuesday that Toronto Police officer James Forcillo “exceeded the bounds of self-defence and justification” when he fired six shots into a dying Sammy Yatim on a streetcar.

A jury found Forcillo not guilty of second-degree murder for the first three-shot volley he fired at Yatim — bullets which caused a fatal heart wound, paralyzed him from the mid-torso down and broke his upper right arm.

But the jury found Forcillo guilty of attempted murder for a second series of shots, which injured Yatim, but didn’t contribute to his death on July 27, 2013 on a downtown TTC streetcar.

In the Court of Appeal hearing, the Crown defended its decision to lay both murder and attempted murder charges because “having two counts avoided any confusion as to the correct verdict if the jury were to conclude” Forcillo was only guilty of the second volley of shots.

“This avoided the risk alluded to in the Talbot case, that if the jury found only the second volley of shots ‘morally reprehensible’ they might reason backward and find Forcillo guilty of murder for acts that did not cause death,” stated a Crown factum.

The controversial case of former child actor Tyson Talbot, who was tried and acquitted of second-degree murder, was cited by the prosecution as a justification for the attempted murder conviction.

In a case of self-defence, Talbot, who appeared on four episodes of the popular TV series Kids of Degrassi Street and Degrassi Jr. High in his youth, punched University of Toronto student and model Christopher Shelton, 23, on Nov. 29, 2002, sending him toppling backwards, “like a tree.”

The impact on the sidewalk inflicted a fatal brain injury. Within 30-60 seconds, Talbot stomped or kicked Shelton so hard in the head that he left his shoe imprint on his forehead.

The Crown quoted the Court of Appeal judgment in Talbot, which stated, “a person who is initially acting in self-defence is not ‘cloaked in legal immunity’ should that person proceed to attack his defenceless assailant.”

The Court of Appeal will hear the rest of the appeal early new year.

spazzano@postmedia.com
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
50 posts
13 upvotes
Swswswish wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 8:52 pm
This guy sure loves pulling out his piece

Yup the jury should see this. He seems like a hot headed guy and short tempered psychopath who loves to pull out his piece every now & then. Seems t have a small penis syndrome, hence pulls of his piece at every opportunity he gets to compensate for that. Looks very trigger happy to me.

I am glad this cop is off the street, and hopefully in jail pretty soon for a long time. Will send a message to the other wannabe cowboys masquerading as Cops in Canada.

Can't believe Toronto police spends more than $ 1 Billion of tax payers money annually on these uniformed & licensed thugs. I have seen Mall cops making $ 12/hr with NO guns & no back up do better deescalation jobs than this pot bellied donut eating uniformed thug, who shot Sammy Yatim like a dog.

He clearly thinks he is above the law & can't be touched like most cops do.
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
Has the guy gone to jail or not ? Definitely being treated with Kid gloves. Its more than 5 years now and with so much video evidence & witnessing he is just roaming around freely.

A civilian just touching a cop would have been in jail in 5 days.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
This human garbage just got arrested again

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017 ... -bail.html
In a statement released Wednesday, the SIU said: “This morning, based on information gathered by SIU investigators, Constable James Forcillo was arrested by the Toronto Police Service for breaching the terms of his release on bail.”
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11160 posts
873 upvotes
Richmond Hill
And he is still drawing a salary..
Aug 17, 2009
612 posts
297 upvotes
So, what? He is still appealing the verdict. He may have breached his bail condition, which is why he is back in jail. I'm curious to see what the breach was, since no article mentions what it was he did wrong. The point is, the verdict is not final.

There is a very high chance the Court of Appeal will dismiss the original verdict. If you recall, it made no sense: he was found guilty of attempted murder but not of murder, in the death of Mr. Yatim.

I do not know why there is so much hate against police. In my (limited) interactions with them, it has always been a civil and courteous experience. The key thing is to cooperate and follow instructions. Anybody remember the Chris Rock education video?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:37 pm
So, what? He is still appealing the verdict. He may have breached his bail condition, which is why he is back in jail. I'm curious to see what the breach was, since no article mentions what it was he did wrong. The point is, the verdict is not final.

There is a very high chance the Court of Appeal will dismiss the original verdict. If you recall, it made no sense: he was found guilty of attempted murder but not of murder, in the death of Mr. Yatim.

I do not know why there is so much hate against police. In my (limited) interactions with them, it has always been a civil and courteous experience. The key thing is to cooperate and follow instructions. Anybody remember the Chris Rock education video?
People dont hate cops. They hate BAD cops. There are alot of good cops out there but the system itself is broken because its built to protect bad cops. A good cop cannot snitch on a bad cop or they will face some serious repercussions. This is the same thing you see in the criminal underworld. Cops shouldnt operate like that. That is why public trust is going down.

Forcillo is CLEARLY a bad cop. If it wasnt for the video going viral. He would have gotten away with it. This breach just proves it. He was found guilty and given a chance to walk the streets as long as he follows the law but he just cant help himself.

The only difference now is that he is getting caught and being held responsible for his actions. This is how it should be. Unfortunately, this is a rare case.

McCormack(police union)is one of the problem. His father was known be involve in corruption too. This thing goes deep.

They just had a 1 billion dollar budget too which proves that they can control city hall.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1503 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:37 pm

Oh gee, here we go again. The issue here is with this P.O.S, and not cops in general. Anybody who shoots a dozen shots into an individual who is backed into a confined space all by himself, deserves to be spat and pissed on. I’m glad he’s having a rough ride, and will continue to do so during his entire prison term, and inevitable career change when he get outs.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Nov 15th, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad word
Aug 17, 2009
612 posts
297 upvotes
@kevindurant1 , @PCUSER , thank you for clarification. I understand what you mean, now. From what I personally know about officers, especially those working for the Toronto force, they are under a lot of pressure & stress. That is not to justify Forcillo's conduct, by any means.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11160 posts
873 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wonder if they should start testing them for drugs and alcohol abuse if the stress is that bad?