• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 4:19 pm
[OP]
Feb 19, 2013
93 posts
106 upvotes

Toronto to Portugal (Lisbon, Faro, Porto) Less than $600CAD

Deal Link:
Posted on January 7, 2019 via Next Departure that says flights are $484 CAD roundtrip. I personally have only found flights that are ~$580CAD with 1 stop over which I think is still a good deal.

Tap Portugal has dropped their summer flights to Lisbon from Toronto down to only $484 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

Flights are non-stop, which typically average over $900 roundtrip.

Other cites are also available (1-stop flights via Lisbon):
Porto – $510
Faro – $518

Act Quick! This deal includes peak travel summer dates which will sell out quickly!

BAGGAGE POLICY:
Price includes 1 personal item and 1 carry-on. For more details, view the airlines baggage policy.

AVAILABILITY:
Select departure dates in April, June, July, August, September & October

HOW TO SEARCH FOR DATES AND BOOK:
1. Go to Skyscanner or Kayak

2. Search for Toronto (YYZ) to Lisbon (LIS), Faro (FAO or Porto (OPO) roundtrip

3. Mix and match the following departure/dates provided for your preferred length of stay:

DEPARTURE DATES:
Apr 11, 18, 25
Jun 4, 6, 13, 20, 27
Jul 4, 11, 18, 25
Aug 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Sept 5, 12, 19, 26
Oct 3, 10, 17, 24

RETURN DATES:
Apr 18, 25
Jun 20, 27
Jul 4, 11, 18, 25
Aug 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Sept 5, 12, 19, 26
Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, 31

4. Click through to book with a booking site of your choice.
27 replies
Dec 17, 2018
188 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
The cheapest booking site Travelgenio has horrendous reviews when I look. Has anyone had good experiences with these guys?

If I book a trip for my family I can't exactly risk getting to the airport to discover I am not actually booked on a flight.
Jan 30, 2006
417 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
snazarella wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:12 am
The cheapest booking site Travelgenio has horrendous reviews when I look. Has anyone had good experiences with these guys?

If I book a trip for my family I can't exactly risk getting to the airport to discover I am not actually booked on a flight.
I used Tap on my trip from Lisbon to Fes, they are pretty good. But they charge check in luggage, I think it happens to other budget flight too.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
719 upvotes
Toronto
Good prices, went to Portugal last year (Sep) and paid like 650-700.
Lovely country, food and wine are amazing and super cheap.

Also TAP flights are very decent, their onboard entertainment and food are pretty good.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jun 11, 2017
17 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
I'm trying to buy 2 tickets for Tap Air and we'd only want to share one checked back. When I select their package Discount/Basic/Classic/Plus, I think I want Basic cause it includes one bag at a discount, but it automatically applies to both tickets. Any way around this? Should I just pay for one bag at the airport or will the fees be a lot worse there? $1320 with their "Basic" package (including a checked bag but not a "Standard Seat Reservation Fee") that I have right now seems great but what fees am I not seeing here?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1287 posts
334 upvotes
Halton
matt26 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:03 pm
I'm trying to buy 2 tickets for Tap Air and we'd only want to share one checked back. When I select their package Discount/Basic/Classic/Plus, I think I want Basic cause it includes one bag at a discount, but it automatically applies to both tickets. Any way around this? Should I just pay for one bag at the airport or will the fees be a lot worse there? $1320 with their "Basic" package (including a checked bag but not a "Standard Seat Reservation Fee") that I have right now seems great but what fees am I not seeing here?
sorry, can't offer a solution, we were working on the same thing with iceland air... the alternative was to book separately (family of 5, 3 with bags, 2 without) but that scared us in case the flight would fill up !
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2592 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
matt26 wrote:
Had the same problem last year when I booked my parents trip. Had to do two separate bookings...scary if one seat sells out.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4015 posts
4279 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IIRC, a single checked bag costs $75 at the airport for TAP.
Dec 17, 2018
188 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
comesource wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:40 am
I used Tap on my trip from Lisbon to Fes, they are pretty good. But they charge check in luggage, I think it happens to other budget flight too.
Thank you for your reply. Did you book with The cheapest booking site (Travelgenio), or directly with TAP (who were a few hundred dollars more when I looked)?
Jan 30, 2006
417 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
snazarella wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:23 pm
Thank you for your reply. Did you book with The cheapest booking site (Travelgenio), or directly with TAP (who were a few hundred dollars more when I looked)?
I bought them directly though Tap, did you choose the cheapest option of available seats that they offer?
Jan 30, 2006
417 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
matt26 wrote:
I think I did it separately , I book my ticket first , and then I book the luggage using the confirmation code that I got when I book my ticket to purchase the luggage. I also had only 1 check in.
Dec 17, 2018
188 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
comesource wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:32 pm
I bought them directly though Tap, did you choose the cheapest option of available seats that they offer?
Yes, Travelgenio was $1950 for 4 adults and directly with TAP with the very cheapest option, no bags, no nothing, was $2300ish.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
719 upvotes
Toronto
matt26 wrote:
CheapoFillipo wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:33 pm
sorry, can't offer a solution, we were working on the same thing with iceland air... the alternative was to book separately (family of 5, 3 with bags, 2 without) but that scared us in case the flight would fill up !
GSD wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 1:59 pm
Had the same problem last year when I booked my parents trip. Had to do two separate bookings...scary if one seat sells out.
Yeah did the same last year, Got Basic for my wife and Discount for me. 2 Different bookings.
We bought them at the same time, in 2 different computers with 2 different cc to make sure we're getting the right price/flights - it's annoying that you have to pay extra to select seats, but we managed to change and sit together after boarding.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!