• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 8:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes

Toronto Pride 2019

hi RFDers... summer is just around the corner, and june marks the start of pride month, with events happening all over the city Smiling Face With Open Mouth

same as last year, the pride parade has been dented by pride toronto (the organization), for voting that the police should not to march on it (i don't agree with it)... but that is a separate issue, which can be discussed on this thread ----> pride-toronto-2018-toronto-police-agree ... e-2183393/

please, let's try to keep this thread with positive messages, and feel free to contribute if you know of any events, or if you want to share after going to one of those events

also, remember that the pride parade is not kid friendly, as stated several times during the past years, because it features some nudity and suggested advanced sexual practices that a kid might not be able to understand right now; but there are plenty of other family friendly, and kid friendly activities during the festival... so keep an eye open for them.

fyi, the parades dates are the following:

• Friday June 21 : 2019 Trans March @ 8:00pm (Church at Hayden Street)
  • Saturday June 22 : Dyke March 2019 @ 2:00pm (Church at Hayden Street)
  • Sunday June 23 : 2019 Toronto Pride Parade @ 2:00pm (Starts on the corner of Yonge St & Church St)

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE!!

:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
221 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
OPENING CEREMONY

Toronto City Hall
Tuesday, June 4
12:30pm

Free to attend

The City of Toronto will proclaim June as Pride Month in Toronto and raise the Rainbow and Transgender flags on the Podium Roof at City Hall.

Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11196 posts
435 upvotes
Who cares? It seems like Pride 24x7 these days.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5631 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Didn't Pride Parade turned into Black Lives Matter Parade?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
mbg wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:25 am
Who cares? It seems like Pride 24x7 these days.
i care Winking Face and a lot of people i know too
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
2177 posts
132 upvotes
Esteban Pirazo wrote:
May 31st, 2019 9:54 am
hi RFDers... summer is just around the corner, and june marks the start of pride month, with events happening all over the city Smiling Face With Open Mouth

same as last year, the pride parade has been dented by pride toronto (the organization), for voting that the police should not to march on it (i don't agree with it)... but that is a separate issue, which can be discussed on this thread ----> pride-toronto-2018-toronto-police-agree ... e-2183393/

please, let's try to keep this thread with positive messages, and feel free to contribute if you know of any events, or if you want to share after going to one of those events

also, remember that the pride parade is not kid friendly, as stated several times during the past years, because it features some nudity and suggested advanced sexual practices that a kid might not be able to understand right now; but there are plenty of other family friendly, and kid friendly activities during the festival... so keep an eye open for them.

fyi, the parades dates are the following:

• Friday June 21 : 2019 Trans March @ 8:00pm (Church at Hayden Street)
  • Saturday June 22 : Dyke March 2019 @ 2:00pm (Church at Hayden Street)
  • Sunday June 23 : 2019 Toronto Pride Parade @ 2:00pm (Starts on the corner of Yonge St & Church St)

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE!!

The National Flag of Canada should always be flown on its own mast or flag pole; flag protocol states that it is improper to fly two or more flags on the same mast or flag pole (for example, one beneath the other).
https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-herit ... rules.html
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
(borrowed)Not enough bans and the howling monkeys start up about them promoting hate and whatever. howling monkeys or hall monitors?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
callernamet wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:58 am
The National Flag of Canada should always be flown on its own mast or flag pole; flag protocol states that it is improper to fly two or more flags on the same mast or flag pole (for example, one beneath the other).
oops.... oh, well Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

happy pride to you!
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11196 posts
435 upvotes
callernamet wrote:
May 31st, 2019 10:58 am

Well, at least they ironed the Canadian one :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
mbg wrote:
May 31st, 2019 11:17 am
Well, at least they ironed the Canadian one :)
LMFAO.... good one!!... that's the spirit!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
this year, pride celebrations all over the americas (and probably over the world), will celebrate and commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots in NYC, which has been one of the key moments in the fight for LGBTQ rights

the Stonewall riots happened on June 28-29, 1969, and thanks to the courage of the people that stood up and rebelled those days, it's because that part of the world has opened its eyes and given rights to the LGBTQ community

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
17761 posts
15707 upvotes
Toronto
If you want to volunteer, see link below. It's kinda fun. My best memory was heading the parade one hot summer as marshal. Got to spray a bunch of people with our waterguns

http://www.pridetoronto.com/get-involved/volunteer/
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5631 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
It's a great parade and fun but I don't think it's children friendly. One year I saw naked guys flaunting their stuff, literally naked and parading. We were told not do interfere and let them do their stuff.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1001 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
I hope not a penny of my taxes goes towards this parade, whoever wants to be different can finance their own thing. Also I hope no major arteries are blocked off.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5547 posts
3373 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
May 31st, 2019 12:45 pm
It's a great parade and fun but I don't think it's children friendly. One year I saw naked guys flaunting their stuff, literally naked and parading. We were told not do interfere and let them do their stuff.
Actually, OP was very specific about that on his first post
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2088 posts
387 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
May 31st, 2019 1:18 pm
I hope not a penny of my taxes goes towards this parade, whoever wants to be different can finance their own thing. Also I hope no major arteries are blocked off.
it's for comments like this that talking about pride, and different sexual orientations, is really needed

it's not about wanting to be, but being..... or you can tell us when did you want or choose to be heterosexual? (i am assuming you're hetero due to your comment, but if you're not, i'm sorry)