Real Estate

Locked: Toronto real estate agent Wins Lai shares her secrets on investing and building wealth in Toronto’s real estate market

20 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18183 posts
3178 upvotes
Toronto
TL,DR: Stay at home with your parents, don't pay for anything for as long as possible, and drop your entire salary and savings on real estate ASAP.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Apr 19, 2017
832 posts
648 upvotes
Is it even possible to do all this now with the CRA changes?
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
450 posts
387 upvotes
sandeep8g wrote: Is it even possible to do all this now with the CRA changes?
Investment opportunities always exist although there are ups and downs.
So the best way is to stop complaint and do something. Work hard and smart. Don't rely on the stupid government. Why some people are more wealthy?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3756 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
I am 100% sure this is a paid advertisement.

What are some other options of investing when you don’t have the deposit?
I always encourage young people who do not have the funds to bring on a partner or perhaps obtain a loan from family members. It goes without saying: if one does choose to bring on a partner, a formal co-ownership agreement is an absolute must.

What’s your advice to young people looking to break into the market?
...Realistically, if you live at home and have a part-time job, it’s still possible to buy a property by age 23. It’s not unheard of. But a lot of people don’t want to save $20,000 a year. ..

This is some bs article right here to get traffic to her website.

Look at this link to her website, https://winslai.com/listings/

(Visited 2,237 times, 2,140 visits today)
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3756 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: Is it even possible to do all this now with the CRA changes?
How can you even qualify for a mortgage with a part time income?? this article is fake.
Full-time Realtor
Apr 19, 2017
832 posts
648 upvotes
oasis100 wrote: How can you even qualify for a mortgage with a part time income?? this article is fake.
How a 32-year-old managed to accumulate 10 homes in Toronto
https://torontolife.com/real-estate/32- ... s-toronto/
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9829 posts
5141 upvotes
I’m not sure I agree with her advice. You take not bad but not practical for many. I bet she didn’t have to pay for her schooling. She also probably didn’t pay a red cent in rent. That said there are plenty of kids who were taken care of and spoiled and still didn’t amount to shit so good for her.

Just remember the difference between those who make it and those who don’t is “I can” vs “I can’t”.
Jan 7, 2019
219 posts
181 upvotes
I'm 29 with two properties, most recently bought my primary residence for almost a million.

Can i hab sum attention pls?

Oh wait....don't give a shit.
Apr 14, 2017
970 posts
427 upvotes
DT Calgary
How are university students getting mortgages for houses? Does a part-time job, likely close to minimum wage qualify you for nearly a 250k mortgage?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9829 posts
5141 upvotes
BrokeMillennial wrote: I'm 29 with two properties, most recently bought my primary residence for almost a million.

Can i hab sum attention pls?

Oh wait....don't give a shit.
But you're broke.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18183 posts
3178 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: How a 32-year-old managed to accumulate 10 homes in Toronto
https://torontolife.com/real-estate/32- ... s-toronto/
That's also a paid advertisement for a real estate investment business.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9072 posts
7389 upvotes
Markham
I'd love to have like 10 homes but I don't want to eat 30 cent instant noodles everyday while sleuthing about my parents basement... until I am 45.

I suppose I could come out of the basement at 45 with 10 paid off homes and bag myself a gold-digger.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18183 posts
3178 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote: I'd love to have like 10 homes but I don't want to eat 30 cent instant noodles everyday while sleuthing about my parents basement... until I am 45.

I suppose I could come out of the basement at 45 with 10 paid off homes and bag myself a gold-digger.
She'd probably just poison you and inherit them all.